From Bodycarre we are going to see two pregnancies of two friends, from two different perspectives and countries, one from Latin America and the other from Spain. I hope you like it and see if you are able to find those little differences.
The bones of the inner ear have already been fully formed and his hearing is in the adaptation period, but he already hears voices outside the belly with great clarity. Since you still have plenty of room in your stomach, you can move silently to do pirouettes and play with your legs and hands in the desired way. You still have a lot of space inside the uterus, but soon this condition will change. The characteristics of your baby, as well as the nose and mouth, are defined and can be seen on the ultrasound.
Your bones begin to get stronger each day, preparing for birth, including your cartilage and muscles. The mother can feel his little kicks and hand movements more and more intensely. Even the father will be able to share that moment, because when he puts his hand he will feel the kicks of his son or daughter.
The internal sensations of the mother in the 22nd week of pregnancy
Everything in order with the baby’s medical exams? Most doctors order the second trimester morphological exam, which usually occurs between weeks 21 and 22. But don’t be discouraged if you don’t ask for it, not all gynecologists do this morphological ultrasound. What is it for then? To see if the baby’s organs are forming perfectly.
Of course, if there is any suspicion of a malformation, there has to be a more exhaustive investigation, but nothing can be solved before the birth in these cases, it is only to know and not have surprises during the delivery, and to take preventive measures in case you need attention specials. If your blood pressure in some cases tends to be a bit higher and you have constant headaches, inform your doctor, are you okay?
Are you having trouble going to the bathroom? Dolores? In this period it is very common for women to suffer with the appearance of hemorrhoids! They occur due to the dilation of the veins of the anus. Try to eat properly and include foods rich in fiber in your menu, as well as drink plenty of water, which helps in the formation of stools more easily to go to the bathroom.
The frequency at the time of urination only tends to increase as the pregnancy progresses, but be alert if you feel burning or pain when urinating. It is very common at this stage that urinary infections occur. Contact your gynecologist to carry out a urinalysis, speaking of them, pregnant women can take antibiotics that are appropriate for their condition, generally, cephalexin is used. Talk to your doctor.
Sensations and external factors in the 22nd week of pregnancy
Are you increasingly sensitive to what you see and hear, and a simple margarine ad makes you cry? Don’t worry, their hormonal levels are getting higher and higher and they alter your emotions. Talk to your partner and ask for help to keep your stress under control. Caresses and cuddles don’t hurt anyone, right?
It’s taking over your belly! Now that you are 22 weeks pregnant, your rapidly growing baby is invading your space, so to speak. This is why it could be difficult for you to catch your breath and because your back could surely be killing you. As the baby grows, he or she may be expanding your belly so much and at an accelerated rate in the 22nd week of pregnancy, that you will even start to notice some stretch marks (sorry), and your belly button will make you feel a little upset. Although you may not love all these side effects, you would still like to capture your pregnant belly in multiple images, it is the moment where you can hire a specialist to capture these special moments in professional photos.22 weeks is a great time for you to schedule a shoot to photograph the beauty of your motherhood. You will wish in this third trimester to be able to capture your big and beautiful belly, but you should not leave it for later because of work, you can do it before scheduling the next appointment to the Obstetrician.
How big is the baby at 22 weeks?
By the time you are 22 weeks old, your baby is the size of a coconut. Average baby size at 22 weeks is 10.9 inches long (from the crown of the head to the heel of the foot) and 15.2 ounces.
22 weeks pregnant, let’s talk about how many months?
It’s getting more and more difficult to keep track of you, so what time exactly is 22 weeks into your pregnancy? The answer is: you are four months and four weeks pregnant. After the 22nd week of pregnancy is over, you will be officially five months pregnant.
Symptoms of pregnancy at week 22
The most common symptoms of a 22 week pregnancy are related to the fact that your baby (or babies, if you are 22 weeks pregnant with twins) is covering more space in your body. These symptoms usually include:
- Prominent stretch marks. These scars occur when your skin spreads so fast or so fast that it actually causes some stretch marks on the surface. We know this is not so great, because stretch marks never completely disappear from your body, but they clear up a bit after the birth of your baby, so they won’t show up much on your body.
- Changes in your belly button. Basically, your belly button can turn outwards, due to the continuous expansion of your pregnant belly. This change may give you a strange feeling and even worry you, we know it. But you don’t need to worry because your belly button will return to its normal appearance, we promise.
- Increased sexual desire. Some mothers may experience increased libido around 22 weeks gestation, you may be one of them. This is because your hormones are quite rampant at the moment. We hope you enjoy it!
- Increased secretion You probably have an increase in secretion in your intimate area (not funny, we know). But don’t worry, it’s just the result of increased blood flow. This could be a cause of low sex drive, it happens to many mothers and they do not feel an increase in sexual desire, but we believe that you should try to change the mood so as not to be affected by the increase in vaginal discharge. We really doubt that your partner cares much about excess lubrication.
- Swelling in the hands and feet. Now that you are pregnant, increase the amount of fluids in your body. Therefore, a slight swelling is totally normal and will disappear almost as soon as your baby is born. On the other hand, sudden or severe swelling is not normal. It could be a sign of a complication in your pregnancy, this is known as preeclampsia, so the healthiest thing is to inform your OB immediately if you are too swollen or the swelling started suddenly.
- Back pains. It is possible that you are affected by back pain, due to the extra pressure of the baby, in addition to carrying the extra weight. A heating pad, a prenatal massage, and / or sleeping with a body pillow can help reduce pain.
- Abundant hair This is a pretty nice symptom when hair starts to grow quickly, but only when it does on your head; Because when hair is abundant in other areas of the body, it probably doesn’t look very good to you and curse those hormones for the umpteenth time.
- Trouble taking breath The baby continues to crowd your lungs, making it difficult for you to breathe at times. Remember, do not do too intense workouts and when you feel out of breath, try to take a break immediately.
Reading this article is extremely important: Why should babies never skip the crawling phase?
Development of pregnancy at week 22
Already your 22 weeks pregnant belly measures approximately 20 to 24 centimeters from the pelvic bone to the top of your uterus, which is called the “bottom height”. If you are 22 weeks pregnant with twins, don’t even consider the height of the bottom, pregnancies are so different, there is no rule about this.
At 22 weeks pregnant, weight gain is likely to get you thinking. Your obstetrician probably suggests that the extra weight gain be constant and slow, you should be a pound or a little more or less per week that increase; depending on your body type. To achieve this increase without overindulging, many people advise eating around 300 extra calories per day. Just try not to obsess over the additional calorie intake noted at this point, it’s just a simple recommendation. Do not forget that the most indicated to suggest the amount of extra calories to add, is your doctor.
When we mean 300 extra calories, it doesn’t mean that you should eat exactly three meals, plus one or two small snacks. In fact, you can switch it up and eat five or six small meals throughout the day. That way, it might be easier to eat a well-balanced diet (since, I admit, most of us women make healthier choices with our meals than with snacks). Also, by eating smaller meals more regularly, your chances of having low energy, heartburn, indigestion and other problems with your 22 week pregnant belly will decrease. Sounds delicious to us!
You can’t stop reading this special selection just for you:
Ultrasound in week 22 of pregnancy
Now that your baby’s eyes and lips are more developed, he or she looks even more like a newborn. The baby sleeps in cycles, 12 to 14 hours per day (these are probably times when you don’t feel kicking).
If you haven’t had your pregnancy ultrasound yet, this is the perfect week! That you can have an ultrasound pregnant from 18 to 22 weeks will give you an idea of the main organs of the baby and other parts of its small body. You have probably finished the rest of your genetic testing at this point. Be relieved that you have fewer worries related to genetic testing.
Considerations regarding pregnancy at week 22
- It is time to choose a good maternity photographer .
- Now you need to decide what is most beneficial for your baby: Nursery vs Nanny .
- Clarify other doubts related to your second trimester.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.