From Bodycarre we are going to see two pregnancies of two friends, from two different perspectives and countries, one from Latin America and the other from Spain. I hope you like it and see if you are able to find those little differences.
At 28 weeks pregnant, the baby can already see light through the skin on Mom’s tummy, so she already knows when it is day and when it is night or when she is in a more illuminated place. The 28 weeks of pregnancy are characterized by the establishment of the sleep of the baby, who now spends some time asleep and wakes up when he wants. You already have a sleep routine.
Your skin is already less wrinkled than before, because you already have enough fat to make it look healthier and plump. Some babies can be born as early as this week, and although he is still considered a premature baby, he has a good chance of survival, but he must be hospitalized until his lungs mature and he can work normally and reach a normal weight.
The baby reaches 36 cm and weighs 1,100 kilograms. Of course, this is an estimate and each baby develops differently and has its own measurements. The brain cells are developing every second and the baby begins to outline the reactions due to these functions that are already activated in the brain, which will make it move more every moment. Your baby is almost ready to go into the world, he is very close now!
The internal sensations of the mother in the 28th week of pregnancy
Weight gain is a concern of all pregnant women, but you should know that a chubby baby is not equivalent to the amount of weight that the mother has gained during pregnancy, but a number of factors together. Eat healthy foods more often, avoid fizzy drinks, and eat whatever you want , but in moderation. Time to think about the baby shower and maternity gifts. You should have chosen the name as well, so talk a lot with your baby, as he hears every word and loves the sound of parents’ voices. Your fetal development is impressive at this stage!
At this stage of 28 weeks of pregnancy, it is quite common for your breasts to start leaking colostrum, but this is not an axiom, in most women, colostrum only appears after birth, and if it is a cesarean delivery, it may take a little longer than with normal delivery. Heartburn, indigestion and constipation can appear, because the gastrointestinal tract is working more slowly than normal.
Eat slowly, without drinking a lot of fluids while you do it, and chew your food well. Selecting well what you put on the plate is the best way to alleviate these symptoms, cold foods and drinks help to soothe the burning and irritation of heartburn. In the worst case, talk to your doctor about prescribing a safe antacid for pregnant women.
Sensations and external factors in the 28th week of pregnancy
Oh, I miss sleeping through the night without interruption, don’t I? With the growth of the belly, the sleeping position simply bothers and this affects the quality of sleep. At 28 weeks gestation, use pillows to find a comfortable position and try to relax. Ask your husband for help to give you a good massage and make you feel more comfortable.
Welcome to the third trimester! Future moms who are pregnant for 28 weeks and over are affected by lack of sleep. If you find yourself in the middle of the night and can’t sleep, do something relaxing. This is not the time to vacuum your house from top to bottom, although you may feel the need to do it at some point (this is known as nesting, you’ve probably already heard of it.) Instead, read a book, prepare a delicious chamomile tea or listen to relaxing music. Then go back to bed and try to get some rest.
How big is the baby at 28 weeks pregnant?
At 28 weeks, your baby is the size of an eggplant. Already having a few layers of fat, your baby is now about 14.8 inches from head to toe and weighs about 2.2 pounds.
28 weeks pregnant, how many months?
When you reach 28 weeks, you are six months pregnant. This week, you are already approaching your seventh month and finally your third trimester. Can you believe you’ve made it this far?
Symptoms of pregnancy at week 28
As your body adapts more and more to your growing 28-week fetus and begins to prepare for its arrival, you may experience some new symptoms related to your pregnancy. These symptoms are the most common in this stage of pregnancy:
- Trouble sleeping As you are already close to your baby’s date of birth, the problems falling asleep multiply (calm down because this is still normal and you will overcome it). Your nerves and changes in hormones have a lot to do with your sleepless nights.
- Difficulty to breathe. Your baby continues to put a lot of pressure on your lungs and diaphragm, this makes it difficult for you to take a breath. You can reduce this symptom by reducing daily activities and resting for as long as possible.
- Aches and pains The third trimester can be really uncomfortable for you, due to hormonal fluctuations and all the changes that pregnancy is causing in your body (especially, if you are one of the mothers who are 28 weeks pregnant with twins). To cope with these aches and pains, you can help yourself by practicing yoga, stretching exercises, swimming, walking or receiving a prenatal massage. Try wearing a maternity belt for support, especially if you’re on your feet a lot. It’s not attractive, we know, but it can help you better the pressure that causes aches and pains.
- Contractions As your body prepares for labor, some contractions may be more noticeable, stronger, or more frequent. Try to determine if these contractions are occasional or if they are very repetitive. If you notice that the contractions are more frequent and continue even when you change your position, it is likely that you have a premature delivery, so it is necessary to go to a medical emergency immediately.
- Milk dripping on your breasts. By this stage of your pregnancy, your breasts may already be producing your baby’s first food: a yellowish substance called colostrum. Surprise! Some of it may actually come out before your baby is born.
Development of pregnancy at week 28
Your OB will likely measure your 28 weeks pregnant belly at this prenatal appointment. Already in this week, the height of the bottom of your uterus, the distance between the pubic bone and the upper part of the uterus, should be 26 to 30 centimeters. Knowing that you are within that normal range gives you the reassurance that your baby’s growth is on track and that your baby is in the correct position, as a butt or side position can affect the measurement. For women who are 28 weeks pregnant with twins, on the other hand, fundus height is not normally measured. Because it is more difficult for doctors to estimate an “average” for twin pregnancies.
Doctors recommend starting to count your baby’s kicks at 28 weeks. You should observe how many times your baby moves and if the movements are consistent from day to day. Here’s how you should do it: select a time of day and set a timer. Determine how long it takes to reach 10 fetal movements, it should be less than two hours. The next day at approximately the same time, you must repeat this process. Record the hours each day and you will begin to find an average range for your baby. It’s a great way to make sure he or she is growing well there. If you notice anything inconsistent, report it to your doctor.
Ultrasound at week 28 of pregnancy
Inside your 28 weeks pregnant belly, the baby is starting to develop more fat, so its wrinkled skin begins to get smoother. This is quite surprising news, your baby is practicing breathing. Your 28-week fetus’s lungs are mature enough that if he or she were born now, they would likely survive. Cool!
The baby will continue to grow and develop his intelligence, after the 28th week of pregnancy the baby will only need a few more touches before he or she is ready to meet you.
Now that you are 28 weeks pregnant, you will start visiting your OB twice a month (or every two weeks). If your pregnancy has been uncomplicated, don’t expect to get a 28-week ultrasound at this appointment. Even though you would probably love to take a look inside your 28 week pregnant belly, you simply don’t need to have more than a couple of ultrasounds throughout your pregnancy, unless your doctor has a reason to watch you more carefully. Try to be patient! Soon your baby will be here and you will have plenty of opportunities to look at and adore him as many times as you like.
Considerations regarding pregnancy at week 28
- Schedule your 30-week prenatal visit.
- Now you need to count the fetal kicks.
- Find the best pain relief option for the big day of labor.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.