From Bodycarre we are going to see two pregnancies of two friends, from two different perspectives and countries, one from Latin America and the other from Spain. I hope you like it and see if you are able to find those little differences.
At 29 weeks gestation, she prepares each day to be born. If you are expecting a boy, this is the stage where the testicles definitely descend into the pouch. Now, in girls the clitoris is already formed, but until birth the lips will cover it. At 29 weeks pregnant, you are beginning to position yourself for birth , it is common to feel like you are spinning and upside down.
It is a very active phase for the baby, moving, turning and playing all the time in the womb. This is why you can feel the sudden movements of the feet, hands, arms and elbows, movements that can even cause some discomfort for the mother. Measurements for babies up to this week are around 37cm and weighs approximately 1,400kg . He’s already a big boy, right?
Your organs, as well as your senses, are more developed to survive after birth. This week, your lung function begins to get active learning to control your breathing and your body is now able to maintain the proper temperature. Their bones are becoming stiffer and firmer, and the mother’s calcium intake continues to be very important for their development.
The internal sensations of the mother in the 29th week of pregnancy
Congratulations, you have finally entered the 7th month and the third quarter. There is little left for the joy of being a mom and dad! Baby’s movements can become more and more intense and sleeping can be a battle for some mothers. At 29 weeks pregnant, the baby moves a lot and sometimes likes to play on Mom’s ribs.
It is time for the washing of the baby’s clothes to start, if you have already bought everything clear. You can use specific liquid soap for this or coconut soap, which is neutral. Remember that strong perfumes can cause a possible allergy in the baby. Arrange the clothes according to the time of year that you are going to have the baby, “fixing the nest” is one of the maternal instincts, because mother wants to leave everything beautiful, clean and tidy for the future offspring. Do everything according to your ability and if you are trying to have a dream bedroom for your baby, try to think about what you can do and what not.
With 29 weeks of pregnancy, it is very common for swelling to begin, if it has not yet appeared. The hands and feet, especially, are the most affected areas due to the decrease and difficulty of blood circulation. Wear support stockings appropriate for pregnant women to help blood circulation, as well as low, comfortable shoes. Elevate your legs whenever possible, if you can’t lie down throughout the day, at least lean your legs higher, even when you’re sitting down.
Sensations and external factors in the 29th week of pregnancy
The end of pregnancy seems to take longer to arrive, doesn’t it? The dream is no longer the same, the disposition disappears and everything begins to bother. Don’t feel guilty if you find yourself questioning or wanting to throw it all away. All people have limits and fatigue does not help, but hold on, there is little left, ask for help and get a hot massage on your swollen feet.
You are probably feeling a bit of the baby’s personality, you already feel him or her move. From those playful kicks and moves, you may think your little one will be a great dancer or an active ninja! The 29th week of pregnancy is a good time to start organizing some details, such as: choosing the nursery with the essentials for baby care and reviewing some possible daily care. You’ll also want to start packing everything you need for the great day of your baby’s birth at the hospital. Leave the bag at the entrance of your house, to be able to add the articles that may be necessary and thus have it within reach in case of a notice at the moment.
How big is the baby at 29 weeks?
At 29 weeks, the baby is the size of a pumpkin. Your 29 week old baby is already about 15.2 inches long. She weighs about 2.5 pounds, but she still has a lot to add to her weight, can you believe that the baby will triple in weight before birth?
29 weeks pregnant, how many months?
Already in your 29 weeks of pregnancy, we are talking about six months and one week of pregnancy.
Symptoms of pregnancy at week 29
At 29 weeks pregnant, your baby is not only moving around a lot, but he’s also wrinkling. And as the baby continues to put pressure on your digestive system, you will feel the effects: hemorrhoids, heartburn, pelvic pain and frequent urination; symptoms that are common in the 29th week of pregnancy.
- Headaches and / or lightheadedness. You may have a headache or feel a bit groggy if you’ve had little sleep (we know it has probably been difficult for you to get a good night’s sleep). But it could also be that you have low blood sugar, so make sure you are eating at regular intervals.
- Itching in the belly. Your skin is stretching and thinner, making it more sensitive. Use a lotion and try to drink a lot of water. Report any severe itching or rash to your doctor.
- Back, leg, or hip pain. You may have some pain in your legs, hips, or back. This is generally due to all the extra weight you have to carry all day when you are 29 weeks pregnant. Depending on the position of your baby, he or she is putting pressure on some parts of your body (if you are 29 weeks pregnant with twins, the pains intensify). Also, your joints and ligaments are becoming softer and more relaxed as they are preparing for labor. All that pressure can cause aches all over you.
- The baby is also putting pressure on your digestive system, so those horrible hormones can relax your intestinal muscles, causing the uncomfortable hemorrhoids. You can combat them by eating a lot of fiber, try to consume leafy vegetables and drink a lot of water.
- Constipation. This symptom is not really helping to improve the hemorrhoid situation, is it? Fiber and water will help here too.
- Trouble sleeping Don’t go overboard with caffeine, drink plenty of water, and get light exercise. Become one of the big fans of prenatal yoga and take brisk walks around your neighborhood or take a walk to the mall.
- Frequent urination The times you need to urinate increase. Because the more your uterus expands, the more you will likely have to visit the bathroom. This does not mean that you should reduce your drinking water consumption. Adequate hydration is important to alleviate many symptoms of a 29 week pregnancy, it is also critical to prevent the danger of premature labor (you are at higher risk of having a premature birth, if you have a pregnancy complication or if you are pregnant at 29 weeks with twins).
You can’t stop reading this special selection just for you:
Development of pregnancy at week 29
29 weeks pregnant your weight gain is around 19 to 25 pounds. For women who are 29 weeks pregnant with twins, the weight gain is around 23 to 38 pounds. If you touch around your 29 week pregnant belly with your hand, you will notice that the top of your uterus is 3.5 to 4 inches above your belly button.
You will also notice a lot of kicks inside your 29 week pregnant tummy. Your baby is already starting to feel a bit saturated and thanks to the energy levels, he is quite active. Continue to keep track of your kicks each day to make sure your baby’s activity levels are fairly consistent. Your baby should move 10 times in two hours or less.
If you haven’t felt the baby move in a short time and you’re starting to worry, drink ice water, listen to music, or lie on your side for a good massage (ask your partner to help you). One of those activities should wake your baby up. Anytime you find yourself concerned about fetal activity, call your doctor. She may want to have the baby well checked.
Ultrasound at week 29 of pregnancy
Right now your baby is a little tight in there, this is a fact, see how fast he is growing. That means all those kicks and punches are getting stronger. You can even feel a subtle, repetitive movement. That’s the hiccup of the 29-week fetus.
If you are 29 weeks pregnant with twins, basically a membrane, a thin wall has formed between the babies. Your baby partner can definitely feel quite tight in your 29 week pregnant belly!
If the date of the next prenatal appointment is close without any complications, it is likely that you will not have to see the doctor in week 29 of the pregnancy, but it will return around week 30. If you had a 29 weeks pregnant ultrasound: you can see that white fat deposits grow under your baby’s skin, and his energy is increasing as a result.
This article might interest you: When do babies sit?
Considerations regarding pregnancy at week 29
- Learn about the third trimester tests.
- Hire a caregiver or select daily care (nursery), if needed after your baby is born.
- Now you must organize the essentials of the baby.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.