This aloe vera cream has a firming and anti-wrinkle effect thanks to Aloe Barbadensis and Centella Asiatica, two powerful active ingredients that manage to rejuvenate the skin quickly and effectively.
Pure aloe vera is in a concentration of 30% and comes from Fuerteventura.
Recommended for all skin types, this product has a plus, it has an SPF15 that, although not much, helps protect the skin from the sun’s rays.
The interesting thing is to know what else the cream contains, and see in what concentration the gotu kola is. We are going to verify this now by analyzing your INCI, as we have also done with the products present in the article on the Best Aloe Vera Creams on the market.
Analysis Firming anti-wrinkle cream with Aloe Vera and Centella Asiatica from Aloe Herbal
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydrocotyle Asiatica Extract (Indian Pennywort Extract) : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour as Centella Asiatica Extract.
- Decyl Oleate : Analyzed in Transparent Clinic’s Hydra Collagen cream .
- C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream with aloe vera, snail slime and rosehip from Pere marve Cosmetics .
- Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Paraffinum Liquidum : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Petrolatum.
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 eye contour .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Rosa Moschata Seed Oil (Rose Hips Oil) : Analyzed in Cien Men’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Octyl Methoxycinnamate : Tested in 9.60 men’s wrinkle cream as Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate.
- Glyceryl Stearate : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Octyldodecanol : Tested in Vichy Homme LiftActiv Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men
- Lanolin : Analyzed in Trofolastin anti-stretch mark cream .
- Benzophenone-3 : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Oxybenzone.
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in the Youth Eye Complex eye contour from iS Clinical .
- Triethanolamine : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Imidazolidinyl Urea : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Perfume .
- Allantoin : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Ceratonia Siliqua : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream with aloe vera, snail slime and rosehip from Pere marve Cosmetics .
- Triclosan : It is an antibacterial that appears in acne treatments, among other cosmetics. It’s a controversial ingredient, as along with a similar chemical, triclocarbon, has been identified as a fish killer based on estuarine sediment samples dating back to the 1960s, according to a recent study published in the journal Environmental Science and Technology. You should also consider that triclosan bioaccumulates in humans, rendering some antibiotics ineffective. Studies have linked the chemical to disruption of the endocrine system, cancer, and increased skin sensitization.
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hydrolyzed Collagen : Analyzed in the Nezeni Cosmetics Antiage eye contour .
- Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate : Tested in Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP + R Serum .
- Retinyl Palmitate : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ascorbyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
Summary analysis Anti-wrinkle firming cream with Aloe Vera and Centella Asiatica from Aloe Herbal
Even with aloe vera and gotu kola in the top two positions on the list, this Aloe Herbal cream is the worst we’ve come across so far.
But before going to the bad of the composition, I will highlight its positive points, which it also has. As I have mentioned, the concentration of the two main active ingredients, aloe vera and gotu kola, is irreproachable.
Even so, it is the one with the least concentration, as it is the cream with the most ingredients that we have analyzed; And you know, the more ingredients, the lower the concentration of the first positions.
Apart from several more emollients, we also see that it includes rosehip oil, another great regenerating and nourishing active that reinforces the benefits of aloe.
Other additions are allantoin, which is also usually present in this type of cream for its calming and renewing effect; hydrolyzed collagen, which provides extra hydration; and interesting vitamins, such as E, A and C.
The latter are in a very low concentration, so their effect will be very low, almost imperceptible; not in the way we want.
And we will also mention what we do not like. The first is a lubricating ingredient that we find in third place, which is comedogenic, so it will cause acne and breakouts on oily skin.
The second, that it has perfume. But the worst thing is that it contains triclosan. You may have already heard of this compound, and not exactly in a good way.
Tricotan should be avoided firstly because it is a known fish killer, and secondly because it bioaccumulates in our body, which over time can cause cancer, sensitization, or disruption of the endocrine system, ultimately, a negative effect.
And then there is a sulfate that, likewise, can cause neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, or developmental and reproductive toxicity.
With this curriculum, it is better to keep this cream away from our skin. It is true that these ingredients are in such a low concentration that they allow them to market it, but I don’t want to risk using it on a daily basis.
With this perspective, we are going to recommend you a better cream. At least one option with which we do not have to fear that in the future it may cause us some serious illness.
This option is the Anti-wrinkle cream with aloe vera, snail slime and rosehip from Pere Marve Cosmetics. At the very least, it doesn’t have triclosan or any other harmful ingredient that can harm us. You have everything analyzed ingredient by ingredient in the analysis above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.