Arual hand cream has been on the market for more than 60 years, repairing and regenerating rough and chapped skin in an intense way. Its gentle formula achieves instant hydration that remains throughout the day.
Simply apply a small amount of product to your hands and let the formula, with glycerin and lanolin work its magic. After just a few uses, you will begin to witness its healing power!
Its level of absorption is exceptional, thus avoiding the greasy sensation that many hand creams leave behind. The result is softer, more elastic and hydrated hands.
It is also excellent for preventing skin changes that occur after shaving, so it is not an exclusive formula for women.
As always, we will analyze your INCI to assess its effectiveness, as we have done with other hand creams in this post with the Best Hand Creams on the market.
And after the analysis, do not miss all the information that follows, with everything you need to know about hand creams, so that you can choose the best one for your skin and your needs.
Arual Hand Cream Review
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Super Hydrating Balm .
- Sodium Laurel Sulfate : This compound is added as an essential ingredient in many shampoos, body washes, and many other skin care products due to its ability to lather and remove oils from the skin. It is generally extracted from the fatty acids in coconut or palm oil, and is known as a surfactant (it is effective in breaking down oils).
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Lanolin : Analyzed in Trofolastin anti-stretch mark cream .
- Perfume .
- Propylparaben : PARABEN.
- 4-Hydroxybenzoic Acid : It is an aromatic acid that is used as a fragrance ingredient and preservative. It is used in hair and skin care products. It is also a popular antioxidant in part due to its low toxicity.
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Butylparaben : PARABEN.
- Ethylparaben : PARABEN.
- Sodium Borate : Borax (not to be confused with boric acid) is a naturally occurring mineral with similar properties to baking soda, but with a higher pH level. It is known for its use in cleaning products; It is believed to soften water, remove dirt, remove odors, and enhance laundry. In cosmetics, it is often used to aid in the emulsification and preservation of products. Borax’s pH range is 9-11; therefore, it can be an important skin sensitizer when used in cosmetics.
- CI19140 : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Age Eye Cream .
Arual hand cream analysis summary
Arual’s is probably the worst hand cream I have analyzed so far, since it contains parabens and other problematic ingredients that can damage the skin.
Although it starts with an emollient, the ingredients that follow it are not at all successful. Two sulfates, perfume, parabens, a toxic preservative, and Sodium Borate, an ingredient with a fairly high pH that can become sensitive to the skin.
The only ingredients that are saved are Glycerin and Lanolin, a lubricant and emollient that retain moisture in the skin. The downside is that lanolin is a fairly greasy and occlusive ingredient, and it can cause allergic reactions on sensitive skin.
So the formula basically softens the hands, but doesn’t deeply hydrate them. Nor does it nourish or protect them, moreover, it is very likely that it will end up damaging or irritating them. That is why I advise you to stay away from this cream.
It is not very difficult to beat this cream, but my choice is Caudalie’s Hand and Nail Cream, which achieves intense hydration and nutrition thanks to its beneficial assets, such as shea butter, AHA, and antioxidants.
But best of all, it has no parabens, dyes, toxic preservatives or sensitizers. A much better option than Arual’s.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.