Especially indicated for sensitive skin, and as a soothing and decongestant formula, Avene’s Soothing Eye Contour Care is advertised. It says nothing about wrinkles, puffiness, or dark circles, so I think it’s just a normal moisturizer.
We are going to analyze your INCI to find out, although a priori, I see that it has few ingredients, a point in its favor.
If you want to discover more about eye contours, I recommend that you take a look at the article Best Eye Contours , in which I do an analysis of the most well-known contours, and I talk about how to apply it and how to read an INCI well.
Avène Soothing Eye Contour Care Review
- Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua) : Water extracted from the spring with soothing, desensitizing and softening properties.
- Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream as Petrolatum.
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cyclomethicone: Works in a variety of ways, as a conditioning agent, solvent, humectant, transport agent and viscosity control agent. Like all other silicones, this ingredient has a unique fluidity that makes it easy to spread. When applied to skin and hair, it feels silky and slippery to the touch and acts as a mild water repellent by forming a protective barrier on the skin. It can also fill in fine lines and wrinkles, giving the face a visually plump appearance. Because its molecules are too large to physically penetrate the skin, it does not have any real moisturizing properties, but rather works as a carrier agent for other ingredients contained in the product. It can also function as a base solvent for scented oils and fragrance oils,
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sucrose Stearate : It is a mixture of the sugar sucrose and a natural substance known as stearic acid, a fatty acid found in the fats of many animals, as well as in high concentrations in shea butter and cocoa butter. It works as an emollient, improving skin texture, and as a thickener and emulsifier.
- Peg-12 : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Sucrose Distearate : Same as Sucrose Stearate.
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream for men Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal .
- Batyl Alcohol : Derived from glycerin and used as a stabilizing ingredient and skin conditioning agent.
- Bisabolol : Analyzed in the Lancaster Contour Skin Therapy .
- Caprylic / Capric Glycerides : Same as Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride discussed earlier.
- Carbomer : Analyzed in the contour of Nezeni Cosmetics .
- Dextran Sulfate : Derived from dextran (polysaccharide that is composed of multiple glucose molecules), which can promote better moisture retention to improve skin hydration.
- Disodium Edta : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Acetate : Analyzed in Lancaster Contour Skin Therapy .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in the Nezeni Cosmetics eye contour .
- Tocopheryl Glucoside : A form of vitamin E that acts as an antioxidant and emollient.
Summary Analysis Avene Eye Contour Soothing Care
It is a contour that has few ingredients, something that is always good, with many emollient ingredients, but very few active ingredients.
There are really only two ingredients that help minimize wrinkles, hyaluronic acid, and the form of vitamin E (Tocopheryl Glucoside), but unfortunately they are the last two ingredients on the list, so their effect is minimal.
It has few preservatives, which is fine, but it also has a silicone and a PEG that could have been avoided.
Avene contour will soften and smooth the area around the eyes, but nothing else.
The eye area is the first to suffer from the passage of time and aging, and as such, it deserves better care. For example, the one that can be lavished with the intensive Nezeni Cosmetics treatment, a contour with many more active ingredients, much more complete and effective.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.