A moisturizer with sunscreen is always fine, plus Avene gives us an SPF 20, which is quite high.
It has a very light texture for the most sensitive skins, from normal to combination; but the Hydrance range also has another moisturizer with a richer texture, for drier and more dehydrated skin.
It talks about a moisturizing complex, which we will know later, that is combined with protective ingredients and Avène Thermal Spring Water, which results in great hydration, protection from free radicals and relief and calm against the irritation of these sensitive skin .
Do you want to know more moisturizers? Discover the analysis of the Best Moisturizing Creams on the market, along with a lot of information about moisturizers in general.
Hydrance Optimale UV-light Analysis De Avene
- Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua) : Water extracted from the spring with soothing, desensitizing and softening properties.
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate : Analyzed in Mercadona’s anti-wrinkle cream 9.60 .
- Octocrylene : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine : Analyzed in Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler SPF 30 cream .
- Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Polymethyl Methacrylate : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive Concentré Zone Regard eye contour .
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Potassium Cetyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the eye contour LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes .
- Cyclohexasiloxane : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Benzoic Acid : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Beta-Sitosterol : Tested in Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP + R Serum .
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s wrinkle cream as Caprylic / capric glycerides.
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Chlorphenesin : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Fragrance (Parfum) .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (Glycine Soja Seed Extract) : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive Concentré Zone Regard eye contour .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Peg-32 and Peg-400 : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Poloxamer 188 : Analyzed in the eye contour LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes .
- Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate : Tested in Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP + R Serum .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Tocopheryl Glucoside : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
De Avene Hydrance Optimale UV-light analysis summary
Chemical sunscreens report quite a few concerns regarding irritation and more serious health problems, and in this formula they rank high.
I am concerned about Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, since its use is approved up to a concentration of 7.5%, and in the INCI it appears as the second ingredient. I just hope it doesn’t exceed the amount.
Also worrying is the inclusion of ingredients that are so highly recommended such as silicones, PEGs, potentially irritating, harmful and toxic ones, and other preservatives that can cause allergic reactions or contact dermatitis.
Of course, this is not recommended for sensitive skin (or for any other type of skin), the public to whom the cream is directed.
And to hydrate, I have only found a couple of emollients and a moisturizer, and all in too low a concentration.
It is not a moisturizing cream that I would recommend, so I propose a better alternative, such as Nezeni Cosmetics Collagen cream, valid for all skin types.
In addition to hydrating in depth thanks to Hydrolyzed Collagen and other emollients in high proportions, it works by filling and preventing wrinkles. You have all the information and the analysis of the cream in the link above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.