This luxurious cream is a 24-hour moisturizer that helps to even and refine skin tone and gradually minimize blemishes and visible signs of pigmentation.
It has extract of garden cress sprouts that brightens the face and minimizes the appearance of dark and yellowish spots.
And ginseng extract , which improves the skin’s defenses against free radicals and UV-induced environmental stress.
It also incorporates hyaluronic acid to leave the complexion super hydrated for 24 hours.
And particles of shine that will leave the complexion radiant immediately.
The result, the brand promises, is brighter, more uniform looking skin.
From the brand they also tell us that the cream is free of parabens, mineral oils and synthetic fragrances .
At the moment it looks good, but before we get ahead of buying this cream, we are going to analyze its ingredients to see if they are effective and if they can really erase the stains.
Perhaps, what we like least about the product is the price, since it exceeds € 150 for a quantity of 50 ml. After analyzing its ingredients, I will tell you if it is really worth paying for it.
And I recommend that you do not miss our article with the best anti-blemish creams .
Brightening Face Cream Review by Dr. Barbara Sturm
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Coco-Caprylate : Analyzed in Caudalie ‘s Premier Cru Eye Contour .
- Methylpropanediol : Analyzed in Caudalie ‘s Premier Cru Serum .
- Lactobacillus / Portulaca Oleracea Ferment Extract : It is the extract of the product obtained by the fermentation of the whole purslane plant (Portulaca Oleracea) by the Lactobacillus microorganism. It is very rich in antioxidants that fight free radicals that damage DNA, contributing to aging by breaking the natural protective barrier of the skin. Making this a key ingredient for the anti-aging properties of this product.
- Silica : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dicaprylyl Ether : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics Aloe Vera Moisturizer .
- Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Panthenol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Potassium Cetyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the Vichy Eyes LIFTACTIV Contour .
- Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate : Analyzed in Lancaster’s Skin Therapy Eye Contour .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Contour .
- Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides : Tested in Endocare’s Cellage Cream Prodermis anti-wrinkle cream .
- Xanthan Gum : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Alcohol Denat.
- Carbomer : Analyzed in the Youth Eye Complex eye contour from iS Clinical .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract : Ginseng is most often included as an anti-aging ingredient in facial moisturizers. Several medical studies have shown its effectiveness in fighting wrinkles due to ginseng’s ability to increase skin firming collagen. The herb also acts as a bleach, giving the skin a brighter, more youthful appearance. Wounds and burns respond well to the healing properties of ginseng, making it a useful ingredient in creams for sunburn and other skin irritations like rash. Medical studies have shown that ginseng can accelerate the healing of burns, even in low doses; it also increases your natural repair and infection fighting functions.
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Alteromonas Ferment Extract : Analyzed in Isdinceutics AGE Reverse Cream from Isdin .
- Biosaccharide Gum-1 : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmone Calm eye contour .
- Leuconostoc / Radish Root Ferment Filtrate : Analyzed in Kypris Moonlight Catalyst Serum .
- Pantolactone : Same as Panthenol ingredient, discussed above.
- Lepidium Sativum Sprout Extract : Analyzed in Apivita’s Men´s Care anti-wrinkle cream .
- I am Isoflavones : The phytoestrogenic and biologically active parts of soy. The best known is genistein, a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to inhibit UV-induced redness on human skin. Soy isoflavones are also believed to be helpful for situations where natural estrogen levels are low, such as during and after menopause. Low levels of estrogen can cause skin thinning and collagen loss, and soy isoflavones might help with that.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ascorbic Acid : Tested in Lancaster’s Skin Therapy Eye Contour .
- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491) : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
Brightening Face Cream review summary by Dr. Barbara Sturm
A couple of emollients top the list of this cream, which will have an effect on a very soft and silky sensation. And so it is, anyone who has tried it can attest to this very nice texture.
Also in great concentration is the star active ingredient that includes practically the entire range of Dr. Barbara Sturm: the extract of purslane .
It is an antioxidant whose function is to preserve the barrier function of the dermis, a characteristic that will benefit all skin types, because if the barrier is damaged, all the skin will have problems.
It is followed by more emollients and softeners, until reaching vitamin E , another very valuable antioxidant to fight against the damage of free radicals that are formed by UV rays and pollution. And this time it’s in pretty good proportion.
It also contains panthenol, a well-known vitamin that has anti-inflammatory properties.
However, you have to go down the list quite a bit to find the main depigmenting actives.
The first that we find is the ginseng extract , which not only has lightening properties for the skin , but it will provide us with numerous benefits: it increases the formation of collagen and the natural repair of the skin.
Next is hyaluronic acid, a great moisturizing active that keeps the skin moist; an emollient, and Alteromonas ferment extract, bacteria that hydrate, protect the barrier, and help reduce inflammation.
And already at the bottom of the list we find the extract of garden cress , which inhibits the formation of melanin, brightens, blurs discolorations and evens the tone. A good lightening asset that should be higher.
The soy isoflavones are also a good addition to reduce the loss of collagen and combating free radicals.
The vitamin C , though in a low concentration is also present. I don’t think it can bring us all its benefits.
And finally, we find iron oxides and titanium dioxide, optical pigments that what they are going to do is light up the tone slightly. It’s not like you put on an illuminator, but it does show a slight natural glow that looks great.
In short, Dr. Barbara Sturm’s Brightening Cream has very good ingredients to reduce pigmentation, hydrate and maintain healthy skin in general. But many of them are not in the right quantities to be able to demonstrate their full potential.
Does it help reduce blemishes? Yes, it is possible, although it will take several weeks for you to see good results.
And considering the price it has, I have to say that it is not the best option. You can find many other creams that will serve us better for this purpose, and they will not be so expensive.
I must emphasize that it does not have any harmful ingredient for the skin, just mention the presence of alcohol and a silicone, in case some skin wants to avoid it.
It has also caught my attention that it does not have perfume or synthetic fragrances, something that sensitive skin will value positively.
It is true that it leaves the skin very hydrated, although this can be achieved with a normal moisturizer.
So I leave you a better alternative.
We find that La Roche Posay cream is better value for money. It has good lightening actives, it does not have any harmful ingredients, and it is more reasonably priced.
Another positive point is that it includes sunscreen, which comes in handy to prevent the formation of new spots.
You have more information about this product in the article on the best anti-blemish creams on the market.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.