Belei is committed to a more moisturizing and anti-aging formula for this serum that complements the other option, with a more antioxidant approach .
It is specially designed for the most sensitive and reactive skin , so it does not contain perfume or any other irritating ingredient that could cause an outbreak of irritation or sensitivity. But it also provides an anti-wrinkle effect to prevent their appearance, making it a good option for mature skin.
The brand does not give us any of its active ingredients, it only tells us that this serum can be used on the face and neck in the morning and at night always after cleansing, and before the usual moisturizer to make the most of the moisturizing properties of both.
Therefore, I am going to analyze your list of ingredients to see what I find and in what proportion to know if it is really worth your purchase, or not.
And if you want to know more products of the new Amazon beauty brand, here is a compilation of all of them .
Analysis Belei Anti-aging moisturizing serum for ultra-sensitive skin
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Propylheptyl Caprylate : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Methylpropanediol : Analyzed in Caudalíe’s Premier Cru serum .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate / Vp Copolymer : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Panthenol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Arachidyl Alcohol : Analyzed in NeoStrata’s Bionic anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in the Youth Eye Complex from iS Clinical .
- Behenyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Arachidyl Glucoside : Analyzed in Bioderma’s Hydrabio cream .
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid : Analyzed in Cumlaude’s Summum RX wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Citrate : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-49 : Tested in Belei’s Ultra Sensitive Skin Cleansing Milk .
- Dextran : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive Concentré eye contour .
- Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3 : Analyzed in Sesderma’s Reti Age eye contour .
Summary analysis of Belei Anti-aging moisturizing serum for ultra-sensitive skin
As a good moisturizer worth its salt, the formula starts with a high concentration of glycerin, a humectant that preserves moisture in the skin, but without being occlusive or heavy. A good ingredient.
Unlike its sister serum, this time they have chosen to leave the silicones out , and hydrate the skin with moisturizers such as Propylheptyl Caprylate, which is a healthier and less comedogenic alternative. That is why it is also a suitable product for oily and combination skin.
And although it is hydrating, it also includes some antioxidants , such as vitamin E, which is in a good concentration to protect the dermis from the oxidative effects of free radicals.
Panthenol (provitamin B5) is also a good choice, as in addition to being quite hydrating, it also helps reduce inflammation. Right after there is another emollient, although it is not the only one that we are going to find.
The first preservative is listed here, although Ethylhexylglycerin is a safe alternative to parabens. And a little further down are the other preservatives, caprylhydroxamic acid (CHA) and Sodium Citrate, two options also safe at low concentrations like here.
Moisturizers, emulsifiers, surfactants (cleansers) and the ingredient dextran with hydrophobic, brightening, anti-inflammatory and softening properties complete the formula that basically focuses on hydrating the dermis.
Although you have to go to the last positions of the list to find the anti-wrinkle actives, which means that they are in low concentrations. Hyaluronic acid is one of them, although its moisturizing and plumping effects will be minimal when it is so low.
Peptides are the last. Acetyl Hexapeptide-49 is responsible for leaving sensitive skin comfortable and free of the signs that usually accompany it , such as itching, discomfort and dryness, as it also increases hydration.
While Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3 favors the natural production of support substances that the skin needs to be younger and firmer.
To clear things up, Belei’s Anti-Aging Hydrating Serum for Ultra Sensitive Skin has several moisturizing ingredients in its formula, so the hydrating properties are assured. However, little more than hydration can do.
Although it is also mentioned that it is an anti-aging cosmetic and that it helps to fight against wrinkles, it can do little or nothing for it, since it does not have the appropriate active ingredients, and the few anti-wrinkles that it includes are in a minimum concentration.
It can serve to hydrate young skin that has no other concern, but if you have problems with wrinkles, lines or uneven tone, this serum falls short. For what it does and the amount that comes (remember that it only comes 30 ml of product), it seems quite expensive.
I recommend Nezeni Cosmetics Antiage serum as it is a better option if you want to hydrate and delay the signs of aging on your skin.
Unlike the Belei serum, the Nezeni Cosmetics serum includes a high concentration of actives of natural origin that reduce wrinkles and lines by up to 47%, as well as having an immediate tightening effect.
It is also highly hydrating, and by omitting any irritating ingredients and parabens, and minimizing preservatives, it can be used safely by sensitive skin. In fact, it can be used by all skin types.
You have the complete analysis in this ranking with the best serums on the market .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.