Do you have cellulite? You are not alone. It is a much more common problem than you think, as according to studies, between 80-90% of women will likely experience cellulite at some point in their life . And while there is nothing wrong with having cellulite, it is annoying and can pose a cosmetic problem for many women.
Therefore, you may want to make it less noticeable. If you are looking for a solution to fight cellulite, anti-cellulite creams will help you to noticeably reduce its appearance in less time than you think.
Whether your cellulite is on your thighs, buttocks, or abdomen, these anti-cellulite body creams will improve your skin’s elasticity, youth, and overall appearance with every application.
Do you want to know which ones are worth trying? We have put ourselves to work to find the 10 best anti-cellulite creams that, thanks to their ingredients, will eliminate the imperfections of your skin and will leave you with a smoother and firmer-looking skin.
If you use them as directed, are regular and have a little patience, you can regain the smoothness you crave before bikini season is in full swing.
I explain how you can navigate through the article. First we will analyze the INCI of the three best anti-cellulite options out there, explained one by one their ingredients.
The ingredient may already be explained in another cream (some ingredients are repeated a lot in cosmetics), in that case you will have a link that takes you directly to the explanation, so that you know exactly what you put on your skin.
And of the remaining 8 options, there is only a summary, with a link to the full analysis, in case you want to be well informed and make an informed decision. After the analysis, do not miss the interesting information there is about cellulite and anti-cellulite creams, as well as some things that we can all do to eliminate it completely.
And now we start the analysis!
Best Anti-Cellulite Creams
Cellulite affects millions of women every year around the world. If you are a victim of this skin condition, you will be happy to know that Akento Anti-Cellulite Gel is an effective solution to get rid of orange peel skin.
Its formula uses the most advanced ingredients available today to eliminate cellulite quickly and effectively, without false promises.
Use the natural benefits of caffeine, one of the most used antioxidant ingredients to fight fat to reduce the appearance of cellulite, and remember that cellulite is an accumulation of fat in the tissues.
Don’t forget moisturizers, that’s why it also manages to hydrate the skin, and as we all know, hydrated skin is healthy skin.
Its benefits include:
- Significantly reduces the appearance of dimples and bumps , in addition to the rough appearance of the skin.
- Leaves skin smoother and firmer , healthier looking.
- Avoid the accumulation of fat to prevent the appearance of new cellulite.
- Great moisturizing power that helps keep the skin firm and smooth.
- 24 hour action.
- Stimulates collagen formation to keep stretch marks at bay.
It works on any part of the body affected by cellulite, and its regular application has a very positive effect on the health of the skin. In addition, thanks to its gel consistency, it is very easy to apply and absorbs quickly.
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Carnitine : Tested in Kanebo’s Sensai Ultimate The Concentrate Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men. .
- Hexylene Glycol : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil.
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Eye Care .
- Triethanolamine : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Caffeine : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Perfume .
- 1,2-Hexanediol : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tropolone : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ethoxydiglycol : Analyzed in Germaine de Capuccini for Men ‘s Force Revive Youth Recovery Concentrate .
- Imidazolidinyl Urea : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Vanillyl Butyl Ether : Analyzed in Healthy Fusion’s Goodbye Cellulite anti-cellulite cream .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Vitis Vinifera Leaf Extract : Analyzed in the Healthy Fusion Goodbye Cellulite anti-cellulite cream .
- Corallina Officinalis Extract : Analyzed in Biotherm’s Celluli Eraser anti-cellulite cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Potassium Sorbate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- CI 19140 : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Age Eye Cream .
- CI 16035 : Tested in Lancaster Youth Renewal 365 Skin Repair Serum .
- Cinnamyl Alcohol : Analyzed in Helena Rubinstein’s Hydra Collagenist Normal Skin Day Cream .
- Eugenol : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydroxycitronellal : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme’s Aquapower moisturizer .
- Benzyl Salicylate : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Coumarin : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Force Supreme anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde : A fragrance ingredient. There is not much information available regarding this ingredient, but it is known as a used fragrance ingredient for its floral and jasmine scent. It is safe when used as an ingredient in low concentrations. However, it can be a skin irritant if applied in large quantities. In this case there is no problem because it is in last place.
All natural ingredients work together to address unwanted fatty tissues. From the list there are mainly 4 ingredients that are the ones that carry the weight of the cream.
The caffeine is one of them, an ingredient that actually helps improve the condition of cellulite . The Carnitine helps break down fat cells in those problem areas such as hips, thighs, buttocks and abdomen.
The vine extract stimulates blood circulation , to reduce the appearance of cellulite, reduce fluid retention and improve skin elasticity; while red algae fights excess body fat, both promoting lipolysis and preventing its accumulation, which helps eliminate cellulite at all levels.
It is safe for all skin types , and even pregnant women , because it largely avoids harmful ingredients, such as parabens or retinol and derivatives (harmful to the fetus).
It is also a low-preservative cream , compounds that benefit the skin at all. I am looking for cosmetics with hardly any preservatives and with the best ingredients, the Akento brand has conquered me.
It has a subtle smell that is quite pleasant , and it feels like a glove on the skin, without leaving a greasy residue. Although what I keep is with its action 24 hours , it acts even when you sleep.
Using it regularly day and night, you will be able to gradually reduce the appearance of your cellulite until you see it disappear.
I cannot say an exact period of time, because each skin is particular and reacts differently to the ingredients, but I can tell you that you will not have to wait long to show off your leg, thigh or abdomen.
Q10 Plus Gel-Cream Anti-Cellulite + Firming Nivea
Nivea’s anti-cellulite and skin firming cream is an inexpensive option for treating cellulite. Its benefits? Strengthens the skin and reduces the visibility of cellulite .
The product contains a powerful formula enriched with Coenzyme Q10, L-Carnitine and Lotus extracts to visibly reduce cellulite. The texture is extremely hydrating and makes skin feel instantly smooth and firm.
Due to its gelatinous consistency, the product is quickly absorbed into the skin and does not leave any residue. The smell is very pleasant, with the typical Nivea fragrance. Although this can be a problem if you do not like or cannot support its characteristic aroma.
Nivea cream is dermatologically tested and safe for all skin types. But let’s check it by analyzing your INCI:
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ubiquinone : Tested in Cien Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Carnitine : Tested in Kanebo’s Sensai Ultimate The Concentrate Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract : Analyzed in L’Oréal Delicate Flowers toner .
- Glyceryl Glucoside : Glyceryl glucoside is a molecule of glycerol and glucose that has a key role in the induction of the protein aquaporin-3, which is an essential protein in the transport of water molecules across the cell membrane of the skin. . Therefore, it is becoming the new generation moisturizing molecule. It also increases the elasticity of the skin, and reduces symptoms such as itching, burning, tightness, tingling, and a feeling of dryness. The in vivo treatments confirm the positive effects on the increase of elasticity, smoothness and thickness of the skin; the epidermis and the density of the dermis are regenerated.
- Chondrus Crispus Extract : Tested in Biotherm Homme Age Fitness Advanced wrinkle cream as Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan).
- Sodium Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Polyacrylate : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream for men .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Citral : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Parfum .
- CI 42090 : Tested in Aquasource Gel De Biotherm moisturizer .
It is a formula that has few ingredients, something always welcome, because it makes the active ingredients more concentrated.
This is the case with Coenzyme Q10, which is the first asset we come across. It may sound familiar, especially from seeing it in Nivea products, but what exactly does Coenzyme Q10 do ?
It is a skin’s own coenzyme that stimulates the production of energy in cells . As one ages, the amount of Q10 decreases in the skin. This means that the skin cells are less protected and receive less energy to renew themselves. The skin ages, weakens and has wrinkles.
It is not a disaster but it is good to know that this cream replenishes the amount of Q10 in the skin . The skin becomes smoother, firmer and radiates that youthful energy again. And luckily, he is in great concentration.
Like carnitine, the second active. As we have already seen, carnitine is an excellent lipolytic, which reduces the size of the fat cells that are the ones that produce the bumps on the skin with cellulite.
The following two ingredients can also help reduce the signs of cellulite. Lotus extract increases elasticity, strengthens connective tissues and increases blood flow ; while glyceryl glucoside increases skin elasticity and hydration.
These are all the anti-cellulite ingredients that Nivea cream has. That is why it is one of the best options you have at your disposal to erase cellulite. Without a doubt, a clear example of how an inexpensive cosmetic can have good ingredients and concentrated active ingredients.
We like Nezeni cream a little more, since it has a wider variety of active ingredients , which achieve a global result, and because it does not include colorants or irritants, than if you have this other Nivea cream.
Shiseido Advanced Body Creator Super Slimming Reducer
Despite the fame and recognition of the Shiseido brand, this reducing product leaves much to be desired , and not only in terms of the benefits achieved.
We refer to its INCI (list of ingredients), which includes a wide variety of compounds, most of them unusable for the skin.
Analyzing your INCI we have realized that only one ingredient is effective in the fight against the signs of cellulite, caffeine . And not even this has weight in the formula to make any changes to the skin.
The texture of the cream may be rich and silky, that it produces a very pleasant sensation when applied to the skin, and that the smell is a delight, when you do not have the necessary active ingredients, it is useless to treat the problem we have. . Don’t spend your money foolishly.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Advanced Body Creator Super Slimming Reducer by Shiseido, Analysis and Alternative .
Somatoline Cosmetic Anticellulite Treatment Cream 15 days
The Somatoline Cosmetic brand focuses exclusively on products to reduce volume and eliminate cellulite, and this is evident in the correct choice of its ingredients, which affects its effectiveness.
Caffeine is in a high proportion, and it also has carnitine, aescin and a couple of plant extracts that stimulate circulation.
In addition to improving blood flow and eliminating fluid retention , it also hydrates the skin, so that it is healthy and smooth, and has a better appearance.
We would like some assets to be in a higher proportion , as is the case with carnitine, since its benefits will hardly be noticeable in this formula.
And we believe that there are some ingredients left over, such as menthol, which simply gives a feeling of freshness when applying the product, but which is a powerful sensitizer. But overall it is a good formula that can reduce cellulite.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Somatoline Cosmetic 15-day Cream Anti-Cellulite Treatment, Analysis and Alternative .
Reducer and firming R + R by Redumodel
It may be reducing and firming , but it is not anti-cellulite, and although it has some anti-cellulite active ingredients in its composition, they are not in the right proportion to generate the effect we want, which is to eliminate (or at least reduce) the appearance of the skin. orange of some areas of our skin.
The hops and algae extract reduce inflammation in the affected area, while the ivy extract and caffeine increase circulation and eliminate excess fluid that gives a feeling of swelling.
Collagen and elastin strengthen the structure of the skin and increase its elasticity, but there is no ingredient that promotes lipolytic action to burn and thus reduces fat cells, reducing the dimples that they generate in the skin. It is therefore not an option that actively fights stubborn cellulite.
You can enter the full technical analysis in the following article: Reducer and firming R + R of Redumodel, Analysis and Alternative .
ROC Anti-Cellulite Micro-Actif Progressive Action Concentrate
ROC’s anti-cellulite is considered by many women to be one of the best anti-cellulite creams on the market, but does it work to remove excess cellulite from the body? It is true that it is a cream that reduces the presence of cellulite , as it contains certain effective ingredients that help burn fat and smooth the skin.
The cream contains a formula that has been designed to firm, eliminate fat and reduce inflammation . Apart from this, the product also has revitalizing properties that will make the skin feel fresh and healthy.
But although it is presented as a product made by a company with solid credentials, this does not always mean that its ingredients are of quality, and one proof is this cream, which includes several parabens and a harmful preservative .
It may seem like a great anti-cellulite cream and that it offers proven results, but it is not a cream that I would apply to my skin.
You can enter the full technical analysis in the following article: Anti-Cellulite Micro-Actif ROC Progressive Action Concentrate, Analysis and Alternative .
Elancyl Slim Desing Night Rebel Anti-Cellulite Care
If you want to tackle cellulite from all possible fronts, Elancyl night cream is not the best option for you. Its formula hydrates and strengthens the skin , but little else.
The anti-cellulite active ingredients of interest are in a very low proportion , and their effect will be mild in the same way. Caffeine is the one that is most present, but it alone cannot cope with a condition as difficult to eliminate as cellulite.
It also has interesting lipolytic actives, drains and tensioners, but as we have said, they are not even worth having.
This anti cellulite cream will not be able to break down fat cells in problem areas such as the hips, thighs, buttocks and abdomen. It can only achieve firmness in the rough area, giving dehydrated skin a hydration boost, which is one of the causes of cellulite formation.
You can enter the full technical analysis in the following article: Elancyl Slim Design Night Rebel Anti-Cellulite Care, Analysis and Alternative.
Goodbye Cellulite from Healthy Fusion
This Spanish brand proposes a cream that contains high-quality active ingredients, such as caffeine or carnitine, which have been shown to improve the appearance of orange peel. Decreases the volume of fat cells and tightens tissues to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
However, although the first ingredients are most beneficial assets for treating cellulite, a large part of them are disappointing, as they are potentially irritating and harmful . There are too many sensitizing fragrances, perfume, and chemical dyes. So it would not be an option to put on my skin.
Its texture is light and can be applied in any area. It is easily absorbed into the skin, is very easy to apply and will generate firming moisturizing results from the first application. It’s up to you if you want to risk the possible side effects of the troublesome ingredients it includes.
You can enter the full technical analysis in the following article: Goodbye Cellulite from Healthy Fusion, Analysis and Alternative .
Weleda Birch Anti-Cellulite Oil
Weleda proposes a dermatologically proven treatment that nourishes and repairs the skin using safe and effective organic plant extracts. Users not only praise the brand for its scent, but say that the oil is easily absorbed into the skin and does a wonderful job of tightening it.
However, its active oils are not powerful enough to erase all the signs of cellulite , so this is a product that falls short when it comes to showing results.
It achieves an anti-inflammatory and softening action that nourishes and strengthens the skin, but does not fight against the accumulation of fat under the skin, nor does it do anything to strengthen connective tissue, or improve circulation.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Weleda Birch Anti-Cellulite Oil, Analysis and Alternative .
Celluli Eraser by Biotherm
Biotherm achieves what not all brands can: gather a good amount of effective active ingredients in the fight against cellulite. Actives such as Caffeine, salicylic acid, Escin, red algae extract, and orange and grapefruit oils, Ginkgo Biloba extract or Life Plankton.
They all manage to reshape the body by improving contours, improving fat metabolism, improving circulation and fluid drainage , and making the appearance of cellulite appear smoother and visibly reduced within 14 days of regular application. of the product.
However, not all assets are in a concentration capable of achieving such promising results . What the cream also lacks are moisturizing ingredients that can solve the problem of dehydration, and improve the appearance and smoothness of the skin.
You can enter the full technical analysis in the following article: Biotherm Celluli Eraser, Analysis and Alternative .
What is cellulite?
It is crucial to understand the truth about cellulite, to know what causes it, to be able to treat it properly.
Cellulite is a localized skin condition that appears as dimples or bumps on the surface of the skin. This rough “orange peel” texture is a combination of fat cells (adipocytes) that have increased in volume and accumulated under the skin, and fibrous connective tissue that is perpendicular to the surface of the skin. .
Enlarged fat cells create tiny bumps while tight connective tissue causes wrinkles. Most women know exactly what the visible signs of cellulite are. It is often compared to the skin of an orange because cellulite has the same rough or dimpled appearance.
It generally affects the areas where there are more fat deposits: certain areas of the abdomen, hips, legs, buttocks and the back of the thighs. However, the cellulite development process is more than profound.
But it does not manifest itself in all women equally. Some have mild cellulite, while other cases have severe cellulite. Age is closely related to this condition, as the risk of developing cellulite increases with age, and it can be said that its peak is nearing menopause.
Therefore, there are 4 grades to classify a person’s cellulite, based on its appearance:
- Grade 0 . There is no cellulite.
- Grade 1 . The skin is smooth with a slight cushioning that is pronounced when the person is standing.
- Grade 2 : The skin is smooth when lying down, but when standing, the dimples are clearly visible.
- Grade 3 : Orange peel is visible both standing up and lying down.
Although it is an annoying cosmetic problem, it is not a disease, so you do not have to be afraid of it. It is surprising to know that almost all women have cellulite somewhere on their body , and some men too!
Does cellulite affect men?
Currently, up to 90 percent of women have cellulite, or experience it at some point in their life. However, most men do not suffer from it as often. Why?
They have been blessed with a different skin structure. The connective tissue in the female body is structured vertically, allowing more space for the fatty tissue to protrude upward. While that of men has a criss-cross structure . This acts as a more effective prevention for fat deposits to show up.
But although most women have cellulite, and it is something biological, many of them are ashamed to have dimples on their skin, they do not feel comfortable, and in some cases it generates low self-esteem. For this reason, many of the people who have cellulite try to eliminate it, or at least reduce its appearance.
But to be able to fight against it, it is necessary to know what are the causes that cause it or favor its appearance.
What Causes Cellulite?
There is not a single answer. First of all, cellulite is not only caused by low physical activity. Even women who play sports the most have problems with orange peel skin.
These changes are believed to be caused by disturbances in blood vessels and circulation in the subcutaneous tissue, and are influenced by genes and hormones, and exacerbated by a sedentary lifestyle and obesity.
Structural changes can be caused by:
- Hormonal imbalances : Reducing the hormone estrogen during menopause significantly increases your potential to develop cellulite. Other hormones that can play an important role in the development of cellulite are norepinephrine, thyroid hormone, and prolactin.
- High levels of insulin and catecholamines : Both are key in regulating the metabolism of fat molecules.
- Poor diet : High levels of carbohydrates in the diet increase the amount of insulin in the blood, which favors both the formation of fat cells and the growth of cells that are already present.
- Sedentary lifestyle : The reduction in muscle activity and muscle mass associated with a sedentary lifestyle aggravates cellulite by affecting blood circulation to the heart and circulation within fat tissue.
- Genetics : Cellulite is more common in Anglo-Saxon women than in Asian or Black women. Mediterranean women are more likely to develop cellulite on the hips, while Celtic women can develop it on the lower abdomen.
- Dehydration : Since the human body is made up of approximately 70 percent water, dehydration plays a significant role in the accumulation of cellulite under the skin. Not drinking enough water produces a toxic buildup in fat cells that is difficult for the body to metabolize, contributing to the orange peel texture of cellulite. In addition, dehydration favors thinner and weaker skin.
- Weight gain or loss : Obesity contributes to cellulite by increasing the volume of fat in adipocytes. Losing weight will reduce the fat content within adipocytes and improve the appearance of cellulite. However, the fibrous walls will remain.
- Smoking : Tobacco smoke reduces the flow of blood through the body, which weakens and interrupts the formation of collagen. This makes the connective tissue more easily stretched, weak, and damaged, making fat cells more likely to manifest.
- Wear tight clothing : Some tight clothing can cut off circulation and limit blood flow, causing cellulite to appear.
- Too much sun exposure : If you are trying to avoid or reduce the appearance of cellulite, stay away from the harmful rays of the sun (or bathe in sunscreen if you are going to be in the sun). The damage caused by the sun ruins the quality of your skin, and gives it an aged appearance.
How to get rid of cellulite?
Now we know what it is. And we know what causes it. But how can we get rid of cellulite? First of all, if you are one of the many people who suffer from cellulite, it is important that you know that this condition can be difficult to eliminate completely; But with the right weapons, you can reduce its appearance considerably.
To face it, we are going to list the 10 (non-invasive) ways you have to reduce cellulite and its appearance (in no particular order).
- Have a healthy diet . This is really important for a couple of reasons. First, a healthy diet will help us lose weight. And the less fat we have, the smaller the fat cells will be and the less they will be noticed on the skin. And second, a balanced and healthy diet ensures that you get all the nutrients you need for adequate circulation, and strong collagen production, two vital aspects when it comes to cellulite reduction. How to eat healthier? Introduce more fruits, vegetables, lean meats and fiber; eat less refined sugar, processed foods, simple carbohydrates, alcohol, and caffeine.
- It is hydrated . Staying hydrated is very important for the circulatory system and cells. Also, water helps the body to release excess fluids and toxins.
- Get more exercise . It is advisable to do both strength training (with weights or resistance) and cardiovascular exercise. The benefits are too numerous to list here.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly . Not many people know this, but dry exfoliating can stimulate the body’s lymphatic system and increase skin cell turnover. Exfoliation is simply removing the outer layer of dead skin cells, and stimulating the new cells to surface. To exfoliate properly, you need to use an exfoliator and / or the dry brushing technique.
- Reduce stress . Excessive stress triggers the hormone cortisol and free radicals, two things that are not good for your body and skin. If you are stressed, try meditation, deep breathing, yoga, or anything else that relaxes you.
- Have a quality sleep . Make sure you get enough sleep each night so that you can wake up fresh and energetic each day. Lack or poor quality of sleep causes a whole list of problems that can affect your body in many negative ways.
- Stretch . Doing yoga, Pilates, or stretching can have a positive impact on your circulatory system, connective tissue, and muscles. You don’t need to do anything extreme, just a little stretching exercise once or twice a week.
- Give yourself a massage . Massage has been shown to stimulate the lymphatic system, which is beneficial in many ways. Again, it helps with circulation and blood flow (as well as the elimination of toxins).
- Use sun protection . The sun is not good for any skin condition, not for cellulite, so whenever you go to expose yourself to the sun use a broad spectrum sunscreen that has more than SPF 30. Your future skin will thank you.
- Use an anti-cellulite cream . Used in conjunction with the other measures we just discussed, certain creams can be very effective in helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Cellulite areas tend to be dehydrated and damaged, and therefore will benefit from topical creams and lotions that hydrate and protect them. A good cream can also improve circulation to the skin.
Here you have it, 10 proven ways to get rid of cellulite (or at least reduce its appearance). Doing one or two of these things will definitely help. But you will really start to see amazing results if you can incorporate all of them into your lifestyle. In fact, the longer you keep going, the faster and better they will work together to maximize the results you are looking for to combat cellulite.
And continuing with what we mentioned, we are going to talk now about one of the ways that work best to end cellulite, anti-cellulite creams.
What can an anti-cellulite cream do for you?
Among the solutions available to correct cellulite, anti-cellulite creams are one of the most widely used anti-cellulite treatments in many countries on the planet. Not only is it well known for its impressive effects in fighting accumulated fat under the skin, it is also very popular for its other benefits.
Anti-cellulite creams contain active ingredients that can fight cellulite in several ways:
Many of them provide a toning action throughout the body, especially in those areas that are more difficult to treat with exercise, such as the thighs, abdomen, arms, hips, buttocks, etc. These creams also reduce unsightly cellulite by smoothing the skin, and improve the hydration of the body.
In addition to this, these creams can also help to regenerate the skin and strengthen the connective tissues that are responsible for the tightness, elasticity, firmness and flexibility of the skin.
One of the most appreciated benefits of these creams is that they are able to eliminate excess fat deposited under the dermis in areas prone to cellulite. Therefore, the regular use of these creams will help to reduce cellulite drastically.
Also, these anti-cellulite creams prevent the formation of cellulite on the body, along with slowing down the storage of fat. Most cellulite creams also claim to tone and firm the skin with ingredients that minimize toxins and purify blemishes caused by cellulite.
And as a last action, anti-cellulite creams can also hydrate the skin , achieving a visible improvement in the appearance of the skin’s surface immediately.
Ideally, the anti-cellulite cream you choose includes the necessary assets to achieve all these benefits, and not just a few. But not all can achieve it. Do you want to know how to choose the best cream to treat cellulite?
How to choose an anti-cellulite cream
Any beauty brand can claim to have a cellulite cream that magically erases those pesky bumps and dimples, but it’s important not to be fooled by flashy labels and exotic ingredients. Anti-cellulite creams are produced in large quantities, and selecting a product that really works for you is not as simple a task as it sounds.
When shopping for your new secret weapon against the dreaded cellulite, it’s more than imperative that you keep your eyes peeled for products that have effective anti-cellulite ingredients necessary to keep that dimpled skin at bay. Do you want to know what these assets are?
But before we reveal the secret to you, you should know that when reading the ingredient list, the compounds are listed in order of weight. This means that the first ones that appear are the ones that have the highest proportion in the formulation, and therefore, the ones that will bring the most benefits to the cream. Ideally, anti-cellulite active ingredients (the active ingredients that I am going to reveal to you below), are as high as possible on the list.
Look for the best anti-cellulite ingredients
The ingredients in an anti-cellulite cream are the only ones that can determine how beneficial the cream can be. This is why they are so important. These are the best you can find in an anti-cellulite, and although a good cellulite cream does not have to have all of them, it must contain at least some of these ingredients:
Although drinking too much coffee favors the development of cellulite, its topical use can be very beneficial.
Caffeine is the most common ingredient in the best cellulite creams because, in short, it works. And it works in a number of ways. On the one hand, it increases blood flow to problem areas of the body where it is applied topically. It also acts as a diuretic that removes fluids from the skin, making it firmer.
And in addition, it can increase the release of fatty acids from adipocytes , which are then eliminated by the lymphatic system, thus reducing fat cells. This is thanks to the antioxidants that penetrate the upper layers of the skin to stimulate the fat cells and help break them down, so that they are not visible when pressed against our skin.
A good cellulite cream should also contain ingredients that detoxify the skin. The best products contain vitamin C and E , good antioxidants that help protect the skin from oxidative damage. Antioxidants help remove toxins that have built up over time and cause skin to become dry and dimpled.
Vitamin C, in particular, is crucial for collagen synthesis and has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. While vitamin E protects collagen and elastin fibers, preventing the appearance of stretch marks.
L-Carnitine is an amino acid that is found naturally in the human body. Its main purpose is to help the body metabolize fat . For this reason, L-Carnitine is believed to break down unwanted fat lumps, such as cellulite.
It also speeds up the fat oxidation process. This helps the body eliminate toxic ketone bodies that arise when fat is broken down.
This derivative of vitamin A has been shown to do a lot of great things for skin. Retinol is one of the most common skin tightening agents found in anti-cellulite creams. As a treatment for cellulite, it works by increasing blood flow and thickening the dermis . A concentration of 0.3% applied twice a day for 6 months has been shown to improve the appearance of cellulite.
They are amino acids that serve as building blocks for collagen and elastin , the components of the skin’s connective tissue that weaken and allow cellulite to manifest.
Also called gotu kola, it has been shown to increase blood flow , allow better absorption of nutrients, and improve collagen synthesis around the vein wall, thereby improving the firmness and elasticity of the skin against developing fat cells.
EUGLENA GRACILIS EXTRACT AND GLAUCIUM FLAVUM EXTRACT
The glaucine present in these plant extracts is generally used for its ability to smooth and relax muscles, as well as for its anti-inflammatory effects. When combined with caffeine, this substance helps the body eliminate adipocytes (fat cells). Users have reported some quite encouraging results in reducing the appearance of cellulite.
RUSCO EXTRACT AND IVY EXTRACT
These plants primarily function as powerful anti-inflammatory and draining agents when used in topical applications such as lotions and creams. And both are found in Nezeni Cosmetics cream.
To firm the skin, the formula contains Aescin (Horse Chestnut Seed Extract) to help strengthen the integrity of the veins and capillaries .
It blocks the formation of blood vessels necessary to transform preadipocytes into fully formed fat cells, thus inhibiting the formation of new fat .
Today, it is possible to find an anti-cellulite cream with marine collagen that is able to improve the production of collagen in the skin to reduce the dimples and fine lines of cellulite. Regular use of these creams can make the skin look younger, well nourished and smooth. If you find a product that contains soluble, natural marine collagen, grab it right away as it can make your cellulite disappear with regular use.
These are not the only ingredients that have value in treating cellulite. But any of them are a good starting point to start fighting cellulite, and at least they have some studies to back up the claims.
Laboratories have devised formulations containing selected ingredients to treat the many causes of cellulite. An example is the Nezeni Cosmetics formula, which contains up to seven active ingredients that help correct the underlying causes of cellulite and attack existing cellulite.
Choose a cream with a fast absorption
Nobody likes a cream that leaves a sticky feeling on their skin! And even more if soon after you have to get dressed. It’s very disgusting.
That is why the best cellulite creams on the market are formulated with a blend of powerful ingredients that are capable of penetrating into the deepest layers of the skin , to fill in areas that are wrinkled. These creams are made with a light formula that allows the skin to absorb them very quickly.
However, remember to use only those anti-cellulite creams that have been dermatologically tested to obtain favorable results on all skin types.
How to get the most out of anti-cellulite creams
Dry brushing is one of the oldest and most effective methods of reducing the appearance of cellulite, and although it sounds simple, the effects it can generate are enormous.
It works by improving blood circulation to the cellulite affected area, and helps promote the drainage of excess fluid into the lymph.
This drainage will reduce the accumulation of toxins under the skin and give the skin an overall firmer complexion. Also, dry brushing after showering will improve the absorption of the cream, but it cannot replace manual massage and should not last more than five minutes.
Perform proper application technique
Applying the cream with a specific massage can make the active ingredients penetrate to the deepest layer of the skin, where adipocytes are formed. The goal: to unclog the skin tissue and stimulate the elimination of fat, and all this can be done in just 3 or 4 minutes.
Do you want to apply the cream like a pro? Here is the secret in 5 steps:
- Put a small amount of anti-cellulite cream in the center of the palms of your hands, then place your hands on both sides of the knee with the thumbs in contact with the skin. Then move your hands up your thigh, while exerting light pressure on your leg.
- Place both hands on the outside of the hips and pull the skin toward the center of the thigh.
- Grab a fold of skin between your hands and pull towards the center while kneading the skin, just like you would a bread dough. Use the same technique on the abdomen or buttocks, as needed.
- Using your thumb and index finger, take a small fold of skin just above the knee and roll it up. Repeat this process until you’ve covered the entire desired area. Make sure to work from the bottom up, to avoid loosening muscle tissue.
- For the inner thigh, grasp the skin with both hands and apply a twisting motion as if you were twisting a towel. But remember: be gentle!
The combination of dry brushing and massage helps stimulate lymphatic drainage; low lymphatic flow causes connective tissue to push down against fat cells, resulting in that dimpled skin we so abhor.
Combine the cream with a healthy lifestyle
It is almost impossible to get rid of cellulite, but healthy lifestyle habits can greatly diminish its appearance. You should avoid refined sugars and salt that can lead to the accumulation of fatty tissue and water retention. And for its part, regular physical exercise improves blood flow, which in turn can make it easier for the body to rid itself of toxins and fat.
If you combine a weight loss phase with the use of the cream, the excess fatty acids will be oxidized by the body instead of being deposited in the fat cells. This weight loss should be achieved through a combination of exercise and healthy eating, and should not be drastic, but gradual. More is better, but it is not necessary. Obviously, it is not recommended to gain weight while using the cream.
Staying well hydrated
A hydrated skin is a healthy skin, everyone knows it. However, when it comes to cellulite, hydration is really key to eliminating it once and for all. The reason is that cellulite pockets on the skin contain a lot of toxins, these toxins are often stored for some time, especially if you don’t drink enough water.
Increasing your water intake can ensure that the flow of toxins is flushed out of the body, reducing cellulite and keeping skin looking healthier.
By combining the best anti-cellulite cream with these tips, you can lead a cellulite-free life much sooner than you think.
Myths around cellulite
Now that more women are looking for a definitive solution to cellulite, there has been new research and developments in the treatment of cellulite. However, many ancient myths about cellulite continue to circulate today. Update yourself and treat your cellulite in the right way.
Read on and find out if you’ve been misled by these cellulite myths.
- Cellulite only comes out in women . Something totally FALSE, but without a doubt it is one of the most believed and widespread myths about cellulite. The truth is that cellulite affects up to 90% of women, but men are not immune to it. The reason for this is that men, with a lower level of the hormone estrogen, have a lower tendency to develop cellulite. In addition, men and women do not organize fat in the same way, which favors the presence of orange peel in the case of women.
- Liposuction removes cellulite . Also FALSE. Liposuction does not remove cellulite; in fact, it can even make it worse. Keep in mind that cellulite is the superficial fat found under the top layer of the skin. And liposuction does not remove the fat from this layer of skin, it removes it in the deeper layers of the skin. Therefore, after undergoing liposuction, the fat in the superficial layer of the skin becomes more visible.
- Exercise eliminates cellulite . This is not entirely correct, as even female athletes have cellulite. Cellulite is also caused by hormonal and genetic factors, and in that case, no exercise will eliminate cellulite. However, although exercise does not eliminate cellulite, it does help prevent it. The less fat you have, the less chance you have of the fat turning into cellulite. Exercise will help you build muscle and burn that fat.
- Drinking lots of water reduces cellulite . This statement is not correct either. Although, as we have seen, drinking water is healthy for your skin, too much water improves the appearance of your cellulite. Labs know this, and they add ingredients that work to remove excess water from the body in their anti-cellulite creams.
- There is a diet for cellulite . FAKE. Unfortunately, there is no food that fights cellulite. No food will reduce or eliminate cellulite. However, it is worth taking advantage of the benefits of a healthy diet. A healthy diet reduces fatty foods that promote unsightly cellulite.
- Cellulite is only suffered by people who are overweight . FAKE. Even thin and physically fit people have cellulite. One of the reasons is because cellulite is fat located in the superficial layer of the skin. And this superficial layer is the last area affected by weight loss. So no matter how strict your diet or exercise is, you can’t seem to get rid of cellulite.
- Cellulite only appears when you are older . Not true, even 14-year-old girls can develop cellulite. But although young people can develop cellulite too, there are reasons why people believe that cellulite only occurs in older people. As we age, the elasticity of the skin decreases, making the skin thinner and unable to retain excess oil under the skin. The fat then bulges out and the appearance of cellulite is more visible. This is the reason why older people have a tendency to have more severe stages of cellulite than younger people.
- Anti-cellulite creams reduce cellulite . Totally true. And the proof of this are satisfied customers who achieve great results with a good anti-cellulite cream.
Cellulite can be an embarrassing condition for many women. It can often spoil your self confidence, especially when the area is highly visible. And the sad thing is that almost 85% of women suffer from cellulite. However, only a small percentage of them make the necessary changes to achieve a substantial change.
The reality is that cellulite can be fought by combining a healthy diet, exercise, hydration, and a good anti-cellulite cream. If you are tired of hiding your legs and not wearing your favorite bathing suits during the summer, you still have time to change the situation. Try using an anti-cellulite cream, and you will start to see the results for yourself.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.