The world of gastronomy is very wide, it allows us to experiment with different elements and combine them to taste. There are countless recipes that we can think of or we can find in books, or on the internet. An ingredient that has become a trend in many dishes is quinoa.
It should be noted that its popularity in various recipes is not new. If you are interested in trying a grain so rich in nutrients and flavor, as well as easy to combine and accompany. Here we present the best gastronomic recommendations to consume quinoa , whether you order it in a restaurant or you want to prepare it yourself. Ready to prepare the quinoa?
Let’s get to know the quinoa
But what is quinoa, we tell you that it is one of the pseudocereals or grains originating in Peru (Andean region), technically the seed of an herb , belonging to the Chenopodiaceae family , like the well-known spinach. Its consumption has spread throughout the world, mainly for its health benefits.
It is presented as a new food on the market, although it is not. Since in 2013 the FAO declared this year, officially, as the year of quinoa. Given for its properties, contributions, benefits and healthy use in the kitchen.
Quinoa provides the dish with vitamin C, vitamin E, B complex, thiamine and minerals such as phosphors, potassium, magnesium, calcium, among others . Which will go directly to our body. If we compare with other grains, they provide protein and iron . In addition to having a sweet and sour taste and smooth texture, which makes it exceptionally versatile and easy to use in our recipes.
In addition to providing calories, mostly in the form of complex carbohydrates . Being a cereal one of the greatest benefits it provides is for people with celiac disease , and this is because it does not contain gluten, with a low glycemic index, ideal for those who suffer from diabetes or want to lose weight, yes, it is a natural slimming.
Check in this article Quinoa: Contraindications, Benefits, Properties and how to include it in our Diet
Another benefit or contribution is that it helps to reverse the well-known constipation due to its high content of insoluble fiber . We present you quinoa as a perfect option if you are a vegetarian, if not, we hope that some of these recipes will convince you to try it without changing your diet at all.
Basic quinoa recipe, how to cook it
Although preparing a basic quinoa recipe seems like a simple process, to some it might not be and end in a gastronomic disaster . The first thing is that we only need three essential ingredients characterized by quaking on their own, such as quinoa itself, water and salt.
For four standard servings you need a cup of quinoa, two cups of the same proportion with water and salt (which will be to taste). Cooking time is 15 minutes to 20 minutes. Here are the more detailed steps to prepare it.
- Washing the quinoa is of vital importance and the first thing you should do, I recommend using filtered water .
- The pot can be of any size, as long as it is large enough so that the ingredients are at the bottom, and there are no votes, as well as small enough so that the water does not evaporate, and burn.
- Bring the water to the pot, put it on the fire. Just when it reaches the boiling point (which is boiling) add the salt (to taste).
- Add the previously washed quinoa, cover the pot and return to a boil.
- When done, lower the heat to low (slowly) and cook for 15 or 20 minutes. Until the water has evaporated and is the ideal doneness.
- Turn off the heat, let it rest and serve.
Check our article on Black Quinoa: Precautions, Benefits and Recipes
You can eat the quinoa in this way and accompany it with another appetizer . But we recommend you try other recipes, the variety of dishes range from breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts. The possibilities of quinoa are endless and here are some ideas.
Salads with quinoa, healthy and ideal for vegetarians
Salads are dishes that stand out for their nutritional contributions, since they keep the body active and energized, prevent overweight from becoming overweight, allow the combination of different vegetables and grains that provide protein, and are essential in everyone’s diet. If you want to eat healthy and try quinoa, here are some ideal recipes.
It should be noted that these recipes are usually very simple, it is because the preparation of a salad is not very complex, moreover, it does not require experienced or vague knowledge in the kitchen. The amount of ingredients is to taste, but we must try to make them balanced, that is, the same amount of each.
Basic quinoa salad
The ingredients for this recipe are the previously cooked quinoa (to taste), if you don’t remember how to cook it at the beginning we will provide you with the basic recipe, tomatoes, green pepper and white onion. First these ingredients are chopped, in very small squares, the quinoa is added and we proceed to mix. Ready, you see how easy it is, now we leave you other recipes with different elements.
Green quinoa salad
It receives this name because all its components are green, worth the redundancy. The ingredients used are quinoa (previously cooked), leek, zucchini, watercress, coriander and mint (which is optional). Ideally, boil the leek and zucchini, then proceed to chop them together with the watercress, coriander and mint. Add the quinoa and mix.
Know everything you need about Whole Wheat Quinoa: Benefits, Cooking and Recipes
Quinoa, beetroot, apple and gouda cheese salad
This salad presents a delicious and nutritious combination of ingredients and textures . First of all, the beets must be parboiled (boiled) and the quinoa cooked. The beet is chopped when it cools, then the apple, the gouda cheese can go in pieces or rays. Place the beet, apple and quinoa in a large bowl, mix it and add the cheese last.
Quinoa salad with avocado, tuna, capers and olives
It is a quick and healthy recipe. The components provided by tuna are essential for our body and avocado contains natural fats . We can combine them in a salad that consists of cutting the avocado into large pieces, adding the tuna, capers and olives; Mix everything in a bowl and that’s it, this healthy salad is ready.
Quinoa salad with mango and coriander
The amount of protein and few carbohydrates that it provides us are incredible, it is characterized by being low in calories and a range of sweet flavors . It consists of the cooked quinoa, the mango chopped into medium pieces and the small leaves of coriander. We put everything in a bowl and proceed to mix, you can add a little olive oil and delight the palate.
Quinoa, roasted pumpkin and pomegranate salad
A more complex and spicy salad, which is so easy to prepare that we can bring it to the table in just 30 minutes . Without losing the nutritious and healthy part that it offers us.
- Pre-cooked quinoa
- Pumpkin, pomegranate
- Red onion, garlic, coriander leaves and mint
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Virgin olive oil
Read the article we have on raw Quinoa: Allergies, composition and recipes
- Cut and roast the pumpkin, accompanied by the onion and garlic until it is compact
- Wait for it to cool down and proceed to cut into medium squares
- In a bowl place the olive oil, quinoa, lemon juice, salt and pepper, mix continuously
- Add this mixture to the roasted vegetables, as well as the coriander and mint leaves.
- Mix until well combined and enjoy this exceptional dish
Quinoa, vegetables and egg bowl
This recipe consists of different vegetables, which are cut into small pieces and sautéed in the pan with oil, you can add any seasoning (salt, pepper, chili) and some herbs, such as coriander or garlic joint. Everything is mixed in a bowl, then the quinoa and eggs are added (both previously cooked).
Salads are the ones that offer us a greater variety, since if you remove or add an element, the flavor changes completely . So do not stay alone with these salad recipes, look for more variety by combining quinoa with other vegetables, take the risk of creating your own recipes and if they work share them.
Recipes to combine chocolate and quinoa
Chocolate is one of the most sought-after companions in the preparation of any recipe, there is no one who can resist its taste. Contributing calories, antioxidant polyphenols and warmth to the most sought after dishes, in addition to helping to prevent aging, here are some of the recipes that combine quinoa with chocolate in a spectacular way .
Quinoa and chocolate cupcakes
These are delicious cupcakes (the famous cakes) in this case without gluten. For a portion of 30 mini cupcakes the following preparations are necessary and in 40 minutes you will have this recipe ready.
Look here Real Quinoa: Benefits, Features and Recipes
- 2 cups quinoa, previously cooked
- 4 eggs
- Liquid vanilla (a spoon to taste) preferably black
- 3 / 4 cup coconut oil
- 3 / 4 cup maple syrup
- Half a cup of sugar
- A cup of cocoa (powder)
- Half a tablespoon of salt and a half of baking powder
- Chocolate chunks (whatever you want to add)
- Mold (either paper specials or mini muffins)
- In a large bowl you should mix the milk, eggs and vanilla
- Add the quinoa sequentially, together with the maple syrup and coconut oil, it should be mixed until it is a smooth and homogeneous set
- In another bowl, you should mix the sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt
- Then combine the mixtures of both bowls into one, mix and then fill the molds
- Add the pieces of chocolate to taste on each cupkate
- Grease the mold previously (butter or some special product)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees before putting the mold in
- After preheating, take the mold and let it bake for 15 minutes to 20 minutes, with a temperature of 200 degrees
- Take them out of the oven when they are ready, wait for them to cool down and remove them from the mold
Quinoa and chocolate bars
This recipe is about slightly crunchy bars. Very delicious, nutritious and easy to make with just a few ingredients. For a portion of four servings the following indications are necessary and you can prepare them in just 1 hour.
- 1 / 4 cup quinoa, precooked
- Half a tablespoon of sugar
- Half a tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk cream
- 3 / 4 tablespoon cocoa powder (natural)
See our article on Red Quinoa: Benefits, Differences and Recipes
- In a bowl mix the cocoa powder, together with the coconut milk cream, coconut oil, sugar and cocoa
- To this mixture add the quinoa and mix again
- Pour the contents into a tuperware (or tray) previously lined with greaseproof paper.
- Take it to the fridge and let it rest until the mixture hardens
- Cut it into four pieces and eat it has been said
Quinoa and chocolate cake
It is the basic chocolate cake (cake) accompanied by quinoa, a recipe full of nutrients, proteins, fibers and gluten-free. To prepare a cake with 8 portions we leave you the recipe that you can make in just 20 minutes of preparation and 50 minutes in the oven.
- 3 / 4 cup quinoa, precooked
- 3 / 4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- Half a tablespoon of vanilla
- Half a cup of milk
- Half a cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Dark chocolate bar
- Place the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a bowl, mix until you get a solid tone.
- Add the milk, cocoa powder, quinoa, salt and baking powder, continue mixing until you get something smooth and homogeneous
- Prepare the mold (the one you want) spread it with butter or some product that prevents the cake from sticking
- Place the mixture in the mold
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 300 degrees before placing the mold
- Take to the oven, let it cook for 50 minutes at medium temperature. You must be aware of the cooking times, as they may be different
- Melt the dark chocolate in a “bain-marie”
- Remove from the oven, let cool and remove from the mold
- Place the previously melted chocolate on the cake and that’s it
Do not forget to read also Types of quinoa: Benefits and Properties of each type
Other desserts with quinoa
In addition to the aforementioned recipes with chocolate, which are ideal desserts. You can also make other recipes that serve delicious and healthy quinoa-based desserts. Here I leave you the recipe of some, which stand out for their sweet taste and unique presentation.
Quinoa is ideal to give a new flavor to classic flan. With 20 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes in the oven, here is the recipe for a quinoa flan for six servings.
- 100 grams of quinoa, previously cooked
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Half a liter of milk
- Half a liter of liquid cream
- Strawberries and mint leaves, for decoration
- Boil the milk, remove from the heat and add the vanilla, mix
- In a bowl place the eggs and sugar, mix until compact
- Add to this mixture milk, the liquid cream and the quinoa. Mix until a homogeneous composition is obtained
- In the mold add the caramel (it is not among the ingredients because it is optional) either industrial or homemade
- Take the mixture from the flan to the mold
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees for 5 minutes prior
- Take the mold to the oven and cook for 30 minutes
- After removing the mold, let cool, remove from the mold
- Garnish with strawberries and mint leaves, and enjoy
Quinoa with milk, mango and mint
It is the well-known and popular rice pudding, in this case a recipe that implements another type of grain. A dessert of 4 to 6 servings that will be ready in 30 minutes.
- 300 ml milk
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 mango, diced
- 200 grams of quinoa, uncooked
- 100 grams of sugar
- 4 mint leaves
Do not miss this article 15 Recipes with quinoa for children
- Put the quinoa in a pot with the milk and sugar, bring to a boil. Let it simmer for ten more minutes
- Add 200 ml of coconut milk and continue boiling until the quinoa is cooked
- Remove from the heat and add 200 ml of coconut milk more, the consistency should be the same as rice pudding
- Place the mango pieces and mix
- Garnish with the mint leaves
Burgers with quinoa, the healthiest recipes
Currently, hamburgers do not have to be synonymous with fast food (which we usually associate with unhealthy) or cholesterol. Since various proposals have become popular to make these delicious “friends” healthier. Quinoa is one of the ideal components to accompany them and promotes their healthy characteristics .
Mini avocado and quinoa burgers
- Cooked quinoa
- Special hamburger bread (the market allows us to choose several types of bread, look for one that is to your liking)
- Lemon juice
- Red onion, green pepper, chives and coriander (to taste)
- Garlic, salt and pepper
- Vegetables like tomato and cabbage (to taste)
- Sauce or mayonnaise (they are optional)
- Cut the avocado, red onion, green pepper, chives and coriander
- Make a puree with these elements and add the lemon juice
- Season with garlic, salt and pepper
- Add the quinoa and mix
- Prepare the “slices” (which are generally meat) and fry with the oil
- Place the special hamburger bun and fill with our slices, tomato, cabbage and any other vegetable that we want
- Add the sauce or mayonnaise if desired, and with just 40 minutes of preparation, to eat
You may also be interested in Recipes with red quinoa
Quinoa and Eggplant Burgers
These are a healthy alternative to hamburgers with meat, because they do not contain cholesterol. They provide a high protein of vegetable origin with an exquisite taste and texture. Prepare this recipe in just 50 minutes.
- Previously cooked quinoa
- Hamburger bun (any kind)
- Onion (white or red), coriander (to taste), and peas
- Garlic, salt and pepper
- Oil (preferably vegetable)
- Vegetables like tomato (sliced) and cabbage
- Tomato or garlic sauce (optional)
- Boil the aubergine in the water until it is soft
- Wait for it to cool and proceed to grind
- Cut the onion and coriander into small pieces
- Adding these elements to the mashed aubergine and peas
- Add the quinoa, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well in the same bowl
- Prepare the “slices” and fry them with the previously heated oil
- Place these slices inside the hamburger bun along with the vegetables
- Add the sauce if you wish
Quinoa, beetroot and carrot burgers
This recipe is a quick and healthy option for lunches and dinners with family or friends . The best thing about enjoying these types of recipes is to do it in company. And who doesn’t like to have a hamburger once in a while.
- Pre-cooked quinoa
- Hamburger bun (you can find it in the market)
- Beetroot and carrot
- Red onion, garlic joint and paprika
- Garlic, salt and marinade
- Oil (preferably vegetable)
- Vegetables like sliced tomato and cabbage (the most common)
- Sauce or mayonnaise (optional)
We also recommend Sport Detox Healthy Food Plan
- Cut and boil the beet together with the carrot in the water until both are soft
- Wait for them to cool down and then blend them together, until they form a puree
- Cut the red onion, garlic joint and paprika into small pieces
- Adding these cut items to the beet and carrot puree
- Add the quinoa, garlic, salt and marinade (to taste). Mix everything until compact
- Heat the oil, prepare the “slices” and fry them with it
- Place the slices on the hamburger bun along with the tomato and cabbage
- Add the sauce or mayonnaise if you feel like it
Although, it is a meal that we all crave from time to time. And it is wrong to deny us the place just because the ones we find in the market are not healthy. For this reason we provide you with these recipes and others that we can find with respect to hamburgers and that are healthy.
- Veggie millet veggie burger
- Vegan quinoa and cauliflower burger
- Quinoa and spinach burger
Recipes that combine quinoa and meat in a healthy way
It is well known that meats provide a high level of cholesterol, but it is not necessary to eliminate them completely from our diet. Since they provide us with proteins of high biological value, iron, zinc, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin A, among others . For this reason we present some of the recipes that mix quinoa with different types of meats.
Chicken, Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
It is a very nutritious salad, with the respective nutrients of quinoa and chicken (one of the white meats) . An easy recipe to prepare and ideal for all ages, here’s how you can prepare it in just 30 minutes.
- Quinoa, first cooked
- Chicken breasts
- Water and salt
- Potatoes, carrots and peas
- Olive oil
We have an ideal article for you in 19 tips for a Healthy Eating
- Boil the chicken breasts in the salted water, place in the sauce until reaching the boiling point until they are soft
- In another pot boil the potatoes and carrots
- Then you wait for it to cool, and you start to wick it, until only threads of the chicken remain
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into small squares, add to a bowl and mix
- In the same bowl, place the shredded chicken, quinoa, peas and mix
- Finally add the olive oil and mayonnaise mix until everything is compacted and you only have to serve it
Quinoa burger with meat
It is normal for our hamburgers to have the slices of meat, but many studies have shown that eating them in excess is harmful. If you are a lover of meat and health, this recipe is ideal for you .
- Cooked quinoa
- Hamburger bun (the one you like the most)
- Ground beef
- Lemon juice
- Onion (red or white), paprika, tomato, and cabbage
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Tomato sauce or mayonnaise (optional)
- Cook the meat in a pot together with the onion, the pepper, the salt and the pepper
- Add to the mixture the quino, the lemon juice and mix until everything is compacted
- Prepare the “slices” (with the mixture) and fry with the vegetable oil
- Fill the bread with tomato, cabbage and slices, you can add another vegetable if you wish
- Add the tomato sauce or mayonnaise, and ready to serve
Quinoa and chicken soup
To prepare this recipe you only need in the first instance the quinoa, the chicken breasts cut into squares, the water and the salt . Put everything in a pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile you can boil other vegetables such as potatoes, potatoes, carrots or peas, when they are soft you add them to the pot along with a little coriander and enjoy your dish.
Check in this article The 10 Main Vitamin and Mineral Supplements for our health
Chicken and quinoa nuggets
If we talk about chicken, the highly coveted nuggets cannot be missed. These have become popular, especially among young people, throughout the world. The downside is that they tend to contain a lot of carbohydrates and calories, since they are 100% natural from chicken. Here we leave you a recipe where these nuggets are only 20%, so you can enjoy their flavor without taking risks.
- 1 cup of quinoa in cooking
- Onion (white or red) and parsley
- Red bell peppers (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Soy sauce and vinegar
- Bread, grated beforehand (if you wish, also prepared with quinoa)
- Vegetable oil
- Flour (from wheat or quinoa flour)
- Chicken breast
- Place the vegetable oil in a frying pan, over medium heat, when it is hot enough add the diced onion, the chopped parsley, the pieces of pepper and garlic
- Mix and sauté well for 5 minutes
- Then add the quinoa to the mixture
- Keep mixing and sauté well constantly
- Add soy sauce (to taste) and vinegar (optional)
- Stir for a few more minutes
- Shred the chicken breasts into strips and add them to the mixture
- Put everything in the bowl of the blender with the breadcrumbs
- Whisk the mixture
- Leave the resulting dough in a large and wide bowl
- Wait for it to cool down and start massaging (hands must be well clean)
- Give it the usual shape of the nuggets
- Coat the nuggets in the flour
- Preheat the vegetable oil in the pan
- Fry the nuggets until golden brown
Check out our article on Essential Vitamins for your Health
Sushi with quinoa, healthy and daring recipes
Sushi rolls with quinoa and vegetables
Asian cuisine provides us with a natural flavor, fresh ingredients, delicious and healthy dishes . Sushi is traditionally prepared with fish, but here are a couple of recipes to combine it with quinoa . A slightly complex dish but in 1 hour you can have 6 portions ready.
- 400 grams of quinoa, previously cooked with water and salt
- 8 teaspoons of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 12 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 nori sheets
- 1 avocado, 1 cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 paprika, 1 eggplant and 1 onion
- I am sauce, mayonnaise and wasabi
- Boil vegetables (carrot, paprika, eggplant) until cooked
- In a separate pot, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt, over low heat until they complement each other.
- When cool, mix with the cooked quinoa
- Place a plastic sheet and on top of it, the nuri sheets
- Spread the previous mixture with a spoon
- Add cooked vegetables evenly
- Roll up the nuri sheet and get the standard and circular shape of the sushi
- Mix the soy sauce, pepper and wasabi, add on the rolls to taste
Quinoa sushi with avocado and salmon
One of the greatest appetizers you can experience with quinoa is this one. Ideal for a lunch or dinner, with family or friends. It will leave you or they will be impressed. In just 30 minutes you can finish this recipe with an average of 6 servings.
- 1 cup quinoa, pre-cooked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Half a cup of rice vinegar
- Sushi sheets
- Smoked salmon (cut into thin strips)
- Soy sauce, pepper and wasabi
Know everything you need about soy milk
- In a saucepan, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt, over low heat
- When cool add the quinoa and mix continuously
- On a plastic sheet place the sushi sheets
- Scoop the mixture onto the sheet with a spoon
- Add two or three pieces of avocado over the mixture, and two or three strips of salmon
- Gently roll the sheet into the standard sushi shape
- Add the soy sauce, pepper and wasabi to taste
Other healthy recipes, with quinoa and that you must try
As we have been able to show you , quinoa goes well with any dish, whether salty or sweet . As well as it serves for any event and occasion. If you want to continue experimenting with this grain and the wide gastronomic range, or if you still cannot find your delicious, healthy and ideal recipe , here is a list of many more recipes based on quinoa.
Simple Quinoa Bread
Making a bread with quinoa is easy, with 45 minutes of cooking and 25 minutes of preparation you can get 4 servings . You need 1 kg of wheat flour, 500 grams of cooked quinoa, a tablespoon of baking powder, 100 grams of butter, 4 tablespoons of sugar, two eggs and a few leaves of basil. Then we proceed to the preparation.
The flour is placed on the table in the shape of a volcano, and in the center the quinoa, butter (soft), eggs, sugar and baking powder. Salt is spread around, water and we begin to knead. When the mixture is compacted, add the basil leaves. Then you give the shape you want to your bread and take it to the oven for 30 minutes.
Read the article we have on Recipes with coconut flour
Quinoa dough, perfect for pizza
It is the popular pizza dough, in this case gluten-free and with a delicious flavor. You can use it as a base for any type of pizza and everything with the quinoa included. For a portion of a dough the following ingredients and preparations are necessary, in what will only take you 50 minutes.
- Half a cup of raw quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- Olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 / 4 cheese grated
- Half a teaspoon of salt and ground garlic
- Half a teaspoon of dried oregano
- Half a teaspoon of dried basil
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- In a saucepan place the quinoa, olive oil, salt and ground garlic. Mix occasionally, leave on the fire for 6 minutes until the quinoa begins to brown
- Add the water carefully until reaching the boiling point and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- After you turn off the heat, let it rest and cool for approximately 10 minutes
- In a bowl add the eggs, more olive oil, salt, ground garlic, oregano, basil and baking powder, mix until everything is compacted and is homogeneous
- Add both mixes to a single bowl, along with the grated cheese. Begin to stir until everything is combined (you can use your hands as long as they are clean)
- Spread the mixture until you find the dough and take it to the mold
- Preheat the oven 5 minutes before to 220 degrees
- Grease the mold with butter and place the most
- Then you add the other ingredients that go according to the type of pizza you want
- Bake for 5 minutes and that’s it
See here Green Banana Biomass: Benefits and How it is made
Spring rolls with quinoa
We present you a very healthy, versatile and complete recipe. That mixes the nutrients of quinoa with other components, mostly vegetables. This two-serving recipe takes just 40 minutes to prepare and is ideal for wedding receptions, birthdays, or business meetings.
- 100 grams of cooked quinoa
- Onion and red pepper
- Tomatoes and lettuce
- 4 wafers of fine Chinese pasta
- 1 EGG
- Soy sauce and virgin olive oil
- Cut the onion and red pepper into small squares
- Take them to a pan with the olive oil and fry them for 7 minutes
- In a large bowl add the lettuce and soy sauce, mix until well combined
- Ha this mixture add the tomato (previously cut into squares)
- Beat the egg in a separate small bowl and let it rest
- Mix what is in the skillet with what is in the large bowl until combined.
- Soak the wafers in water for just a few seconds, add the mixture from the large bowl with a spoon
- Close the wafer while forming a half roll
- Use the beaten egg as a glue to close the wafer and paint the outside with it
- Put virgin olive oil in the pan and let it heat up, place the rolls for just a few seconds and then take them out, and it’s time to eat
Peppers stuffed with quinoa and tomato sauce
We recommend this very sophisticated and elegant recipe. Perfect for banquets and business meetings. Peppers are one of the most colorful foods , so your plate will surely attract attention, also its juice is very nutritious and together with the quinoa you can prepare the following recipe of 6 servings in just 30 minutes.
Check out our article on Tomatoes: Types, Side Effects, Benefits and Recipes
- A cup of quinoa, approximately 400 grams
- Three to four peppers (colorful and ripe)
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Chopped onion, a jalapeño seeded and minced
- A tablespoon of cumin
- Half a cup of pre-crushed tomatoes
- 3/ 4 cup vegetable broth (which may be the same herviste vegetables)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Sautéing the onion, garlic and jalapeños with the olive oil makes them sway, about 5 minutes
- Pour the sauce and the vegetable water into a pot, together with the cinchona, mix until they are compacted.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the filling
- Add the sauteed dressings to the pot with the quinoa, let them compact over low heat
- Then fill the peppers with this mixture
- Preheat the oven 5 minutes before with a temperature of 200 degrees
- Bake the peppers for 10 to 12 minutes
- And when they are almost ready, you add the cheese spontaneously
Quinoa and clam soup
A recipe with an aphrodisiac touch, a quality that oysters give it. Here we leave you the recipe for two servings. Ideal to share as a couple.
- 250 grams of clams
- 50 grams of previously cooked quinoa
- 750 ml of fish broth
- Tomatoes and parsley
- Salt, pepper and olive oil
Do not forget to also read Olive Oil in Health and Beauty: Benefits, contraindications, comparisons and types
- The clams must be soaked in water previously, about 30 minutes
- Grate the tomato and take it to the pan with the olive oil
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper
- Then place the clams in another pan in the same way and fry them
- When you put both together you will have the clams ready
- You just have to take them to the fish broth and enjoy their flavor
The time has come to be exotic and exquisite. Because one of the recipes that gives you that is this. Mexican food is known for its flamboyant flavors and colors, and this dish is no exception. You can eat it hot or cold, or accompany it with some meat or fish. It will still be healthy and easy to prepare 6 servings in just 40 minutes.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Olive oil (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Green chilies, minced in small squares
- 1 can of beans
- 1 cup of corn (yellow and grain)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cheddar cheese to grate
- Fourth cup of chopped cilantro (preferably per leaf)
- Boil the olive oil with the garlic over medium heat, in a large pot, until golden brown
- Add the green chilies and cumin to the mixture, while continuing to stir
- Then add the beans, corn, chicken broth, tomatoes, and quinoa.
- This part is essential, because you have to stir well until everything is together
- It is brought to the boiling point
- Then, it is finished cooking over low heat between 20 minutes and 25 minutes
- As for the coriander and cheese, we recommend adding it before serving the dish
Another of the dishes that stand out for the presence of meat and that today we can tell you, “you can prepare it without meat”. That’s right, an easy and homemade recipe that can be prepared with the same quinoa. Here we leave you the basic recipe for 6 servings in 1 hour of work.
Don’t miss this article Garlic and Onion; Perfect Combination for your Health!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked previously
- Onion and parsley
- Red bell peppers (cut into small squares)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- I am sauce (to taste)
- Bread, previously grated
- Virgin olive oil
- Flour (wheat flour is ideal for this use, but if you wish you can experiment with quinoa flour)
- Place a pan with the olive oil over medium heat, when it is hot enough add the onion, parsley, pepper and garlic
- Mix well for a couple of minutes
- Then add the quinoa, mix and sauté well constantly
- Add the soy sauce (the amount you want)
- Stir for 3 more minutes
- Pass all the mixture to the base of the blender, and worth the redundancy, beat with the breadcrumbs
- Place in a bowl and let the resulting dough cool
- Shape the meatballs into a ball by hand (as long as they are clean)
- Coat the meatballs in the flour (either wheat or quinoa)
- Fry in the pan with oil until crisp
Quinoa with asparagus, paprika and chicken
If you do not have much time, but you are still looking for a healthy dish . Do not worry. We have the perfect combination to help you save time. Ideal for keeping us slim and fit. In just 30 minutes you can create 8 servings. Here are the ingredients and preparation that is needed.
- 1 cup of the highly prized quinoa, previously cooked
- 1 cup of the famous asparagus, chopped
- Virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic chopped beforehand
- Half a cup of red bell pepper, chopped into small squares
- Salt, pepper and marinade
- Chicken breast, grilled
You may also be interested in Broccoli: 21 Health and Sports Benefits, Types, Calories, Recipes and How to Consume It
- In a bowl, place the olive oil, asparagus and garlic, sauté until combined
- Add the quinoa and red peppers, sauté
- Bring to the fire, until heated to taste
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place all content on a tray
- Add the chicken breasts in the form of decoration on the resulting salad in the tray
In summary, we have shown you the recipes that you can prepare with quinoa, from the most basic to the most complex . We gave you a step by step for each one, highlighting the importance of each component and what it contributes to the body. Although there are many recipes that escape us, do not stop experimenting. Go and cook, eating is a pleasure and it can be healthy.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.