BioOil is one of the first words you will hear when you are pregnant. Made with PurCellin Oil, which prevents the oil from being greasy, promoting its penetration into the deepest layers of the skin.
It is a product that helps moisturize and relieve all kinds of skin conditions; but its main claim is its ability to keep skin supple during pregnancy, to help prevent stretch marks.
Vitamin A, vitamin E, and calendula, lavender, rosemary, and chamomile oils all smell amazing together, and thousands of women swear it was their (not-so-secret) weapon against stretch marks .
It’s time to discover what Bio-Oil oil is made of, and we are going to do it by analyzing its ingredients, as we have done in this Analysis of the Best Anti-Stretch Mark Creams on the market.
- Paraffinum Liquidum : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Triisononanoin : Triisononanoin is another petroleum derivative, but this time it’s a skin-feeling ester and dispersant, which basically means it makes the product feel good to wear and makes it easier for actives to get into the skin. These factors make this ingredient very important.
- Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Isopropyl Myristate : Analyzed in Vectem’s Xhekpon Cream .
- Retinyl Palmitate : Tested in LOreal Men Expert Vita Lift 5 Wrinkle Cream .
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Discussed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil : Tested in Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye .
- Lavandula Angustifolia Oil : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye .
- Calendula Officinalis Extract : Analyzed in Nuxellence Eye Contour Zone Nuxe Eye Contour .
- Glycine Soja Oil : Tested in Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye as Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract.
- Bht : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Bisabolol : Tested in Lancaster Skin Therapy Eye Contour .
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone : Tested in Clarins Men’s Wrinkle Cream .
- Amyl Cinnamal : An aldehyde also known as alpha-amyl cinnamic aldehyde. It is usually made synthetically, although it occurs naturally in plants. It is a perfume ingredient whose main function is to add fragrance to a product. It has a floral scent reminiscent of jasmine. It is a well-known irritant, as it is one of the other 8 ingredients in a fragrance blend designed specifically to target fragrance contact allergies. It has been classified as an allergenic substance.
- Benzyl Salicylate : Analyzed in Collistar ‘s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Citronellol : Discussed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Coumarin : Tested in Biotherm Homme Force Supreme Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Eugenol : Tested in Collistar ‘s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti – wrinkle cream .
- Farnesol : Analyzed in Cien Men’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in Decléor ‘s Harmonie Calm eye cream .
- Hydroxycitronellal : Tested in Biotherm Homme Aquapower anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde: Analizado en el serum Regenerist Luminous de Olay.
- Limonene : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Ci 26100 : Tested in Tom Ford’s Revitalizing Serum for Men .
Bio-Oil anti-stretch mark oil analysis summary
It starts with basic ingredients such as traditional Vaseline, but little by little it includes active ingredients with more anti-stretch mark capacity.
Vitamin A ( retinol ) is one of those that are in greater proportions. It is an ingredient that increases collagen and elastin, however I am concerned, as it is one of the ingredients that should be avoided during pregnancy , since it is toxic in high concentrations and can cause malformations in the fetus.
Vitamin E follows closely, along with other active ingredients that increase flexibility , healing , cell renewal, and moisture in the skin.
But from the bottom half of the list there are only fragrances and perfumes (more than 10), many of them irritating, sensitizing and allergenic.
Although it has good anti-stretch mark active ingredients , all those fragrances can irritate the most sensitive skin. Everything will depend on the area and the type of skin.
The Akento Cosmetics option also includes good anti-stretch mark agents that promote healing, improve elasticity or deeply hydrate the skin, but it spares the whole series of fragrance ingredients that do nothing good.
And as you know, the best option will always be the one that behaves in the most respectful way with the skin, while offering effective results .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.