Multicorrector treatment of the 5 signs of aging (wrinkles, loss of firmness, dullness, uneven tone, and lack of hydration) for men over 40 years of age. This is how the Biotherm Homme anti-aging cream is presented.
In principle it promises, but we can only see if it really works by analyzing its ingredients, something that we would have to do with all creams before trying them.
I’m going to do it, and below I summarize what I have made clear.
If you want to learn more about anti-wrinkle creams for men, then I recommend that you read this other article with an Analysis of the Best Anti-wrinkle and Anti-Aging Creams for Men . Especially the part after the analysis of the creams, where you will find valuable information.
So let’s go with the analysis of this Biotherm Homme cream.
Analysis Force Supreme Youth Reshaping Cream by Biotherm Homme
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Contour .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream as Caprylic / Capric Glyceride.
- Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Contour .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate : It is a diester of neopentyl glycol and decanoic acid. It is used as an emollient and texture enhancer.
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Peg-100 Stearate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria men’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cera Alba : Analyzed in the Benefiance contour of Shiseido .
- C13-14 Isoparaffin : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics wrinkle cream .
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Algae Extract : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Potassium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Sodium Citrate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Palmitic Acid : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Adenosine : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancôme .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Caprylic / Capric Glycerides : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Capryloyl Salicylic Acid: Skin conditioning agent that works by improving the appearance of dry and damaged skin, reducing flaking and restoring flexibility to the skin. As an ester of salicylic acid (also known as beta hydroxy acid or BHA), it is classified as a BHA that works as an exfoliator, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic. Studies have documented 2% concentrations to improve skin thickness, collagen production, wrinkles, roughness, and hyperpigmentation in just 6 months. A study published in the Dermatology Times showed significant improvement in wrinkles in 41% of subjects who regularly used a Capryloyl Salicylic Acid peel, and substantial lightening of hyperpigmentation in 46% of users. The biggest concern about using caprylic-salicylic acid is that it increases your skin’s sensitivity to the sun by 50%. It is imperative that anyone using this ingredient apply a broad spectrum sunscreen and reapply every two hours.
- Vitreoscilla Ferment : This is a proprietary ingredient used exclusively in L’Oreal brands (such as Biotherm). L’Oreal owns several patents on this active ingredient which they call Life Plankton. It states that this bacterial extract has a lipid structure with a high compatibility with our skin cells. Studies show that it can also have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties, and can help repair damage to the skin’s barrier.
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Laureth-7 : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polyacrylamide : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Chlorphenesin : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- CI 42090 and CI 60730 : Analyzed on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Linalool : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Coumarin : An organic compound found in plants and derived from the amino acid phenylalanine. It has a sweet, vanilla and nutty aroma. When very diluted, the aroma is reminiscent of freshly cut hay. Coumarin works as a fragrance ingredient.
- Limonene : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Perfume .
Summary Analysis Force Supreme Youth Reshaping Cream by Biotherm Homme
Biotherm Homme boasts 3 active ingredients, namely Seaweed Extract, Life Plankton and Pro-Xylane. But if we look at where these ingredients rank in the INCI, only Pro-Xylane is in the top 5.
The seaweed extract is quite a bit lower, and to find Life Plankton you still have to go lower. From all this it follows that only one of the 3 active ingredients can help us reduce wrinkles.
In addition to these 3 ingredients, it also contains beeswax, adenosine and a BHA, but they would also be in low proportions.
On the other hand, we have also found silicones, PEG, and several potentially irritating ingredients, so we must bear in mind the combined effect (or cocktail) of the cream.
If you decide to use this product, I do advise you to use sun protection every day, and apply it several times a day, as it contains several ingredients that increase the sensitivity of the skin to the sun.
In addition, unless you find it on sale, this cream exceeds € 50.
A cheaper option, more effective and without the risk of a combined effect, is the Nezeni Cosmetics cream from the main article.
It has more active ingredients, in a high proportion, and also expires closed in 2 years, something that indicates the low proportion of preservatives.
I’m the one I use, and I haven’t found a better one yet.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.