This Biotherm Homme cleansing gel for normal skin perfectly cleanses the skin, leaving it ready for shaving, as it softens the skin and hair.
It contains a high content of minerals from Thermal Spring Water Enriched with multiple vitamins and beneficial ingredients, which prevent the skin from drying out, while eliminating all impurities and accumulated dirt. The skin is clean, revitalized and supple.
As assets it mentions that it contains a mild biological cleaning complex, and marine plant derivatives, a terminology that does not make it very clear what ingredients it includes, so we are going to analyze the INCI to find out.
To see more options for men’s cleansers, I recommend that you read this Review of the Best Facial Cleansers for Men on the market, where you will find a list of the best options that you can find right now
Biotherm Homme Facial Cleansing Gel Analysis
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Coco-Betaine : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men as Betaine.
- Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate : Analyzed in Vichy’s Pureté Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel .
- Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Invigorating Face Wash .
- Lauric Acid : Analyzed in Vichy Pureté Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel .
- Triethanolamine : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Perfume .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Chlorphenesin : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tetrasodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Disodium EDTA.
- CI 42090 : Tested in Aquasource Gel De Biotherm moisturizer as Ci 42090 / Blue1.
- CI 19140 : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Age Eye Cream .
- Potassium Chloride : Analyzed in Filorga’s ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Zinc Gluconate : Tested in Lancôme Men’s Age Fight Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Manganese Gluconate : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Copper Gluconate : Tested in Lancôme Men’s Age Fight Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
Summary of Biotherm Homme Facial Cleansing Gel analysis
This cleanser for normal skin uses a lubricant and anti-irritant moisturizer as the first ingredients, a nice addition to keep your skin moist.
Then surfactants appear, which are quite mild. And lauric acid, a moisturizing and antibacterial agent, which is unfortunately irritating.
But from this ingredient, the list becomes complicated and begins to appear perfume, phenoxyethanol (a toxic preservative), chlorphenesin (another irritant preservative), parabens, dyes, and other ingredients that are toxic for development and reproduction.
Only copper gluconate is saved, which is a good ingredient to regulate fat and favors the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
It is a pity that a cleanser is spoiled like this, which could have been a good option to remove dirt from normal skin. But it has too many harmful ingredients so that would be completely out of the question.
Undoubtedly, a much better option is Nezeni Cosmetics micellar water, which has known how to make good use of ingredients, avoiding those that can harm us, and choosing the most beneficial ones to achieve healthier and cleaner skin.
It is the cleaner that I am using at the moment, and I will tell you why in its complete analysis, which you have in the link above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.