Cauterization is a capillary restructuring with keratin , also called capillary plastics , it is a treatment that heals the hair cuticles through hydration with special products.
The main function is the recovery of the elasticity of the hair. Cauterization acts as a treatment on the cortex of the cuticles, the inside of the hair, that is, it is a deep hydration that seals the hair scales and softens the split ends, which helps eliminate the appearance of “frizz” ( frizz) .
Keratin / keratin
One of the main components is the keratin of the hair. When the hair loses this nutrient, the hair fiber deteriorates and the hair becomes dry, fragile, porous and lifeless. Cauterization is a technique to replace lost keratin .
Keratin is the essential component of hair , made up of amino acids that fill cracks and rebuild the hair fiber, in addition, it penetrates the hair cuticle, hydrating and restoring hair to hair, restoring the softness, shine and keratin level it had. in its natural state.
If you want to know more, don’t miss our article on keratin .
How is capillary cauterization or reconstruction done?
Cauterization treatment can be done at the beauty salon or at home . For a more efficient result, especially on drier hair, the ideal is to go to professionals, but if you are looking to keep your hair always hydrated, you can perform the procedure at home with the reconstruction kits available on the market.
In the salon, cauterization is carried out in stages:
- The hair should be washed twice with anti-residue shampoo to open the scales and prepare it for hydration with the mask.
- Before receiving the cream, it is important to dry with a towel to remove excess water.
- The hair is then separated into sections to be placed with the cream and a collagen-based restructuring agent . It is left to act for 20 minutes and then it is rinsed off.
- After removing all the product, a base composed of keratin is applied .
- Once all of the keratin has been applied, the strands are separated again to dry them with a hairdryer . This is followed by an iron so that the keratin penetrates the hair more efficiently.
- Lastly, hair is given silicone oil to further reduce frizz , especially on newer hair.
Remember that each hair requires a different type of hydration , if you want to know how to have a good hydration of the hair, look at our specific article, since it can have different degrees of dryness or damage. The professional must analyze the needs of the hair and determine the method to be used and it is important that this technique is always carried out by a qualified professional.
If you need more information to strengthen hair and natural recipes to hydrate and strengthen it , do not miss the articles we have written to help you, as well as exclusive treatments with hyaluronic acid to rejuvenate our hair .
Does capillary cauterization straighten hair?
Capillary cauterization is a deep hair hydration technique that does not straighten the hair , but due to its hydrating power it makes it look smoother and silkier due to its anti-frizz factor, so you will feel more beautiful and beauty will be a added in your life.
Possible risks of capillary cauterization
Ideally, you should do this procedure with a trusted professional, because excess keratin can make hair extremely hard , and even cause significant loss. It is important, therefore, that you look for a balance between the keratin and the emollient, and this is usually found by an experienced professional.
In addition, even those who are professionals can make a mistake when passing the plate. These devices can reach a temperature of 230 ° C, while the hair can withstand up to 200 ° C. When the iron is used at the maximum temperature, the hair fibers are burned and damaged, that is, the treatment will not help you at all.
How many hair plastic sessions are necessary
Cauterization can be done just once or many times, depending on how your hair is, but generally, the interval between each procedure varies from 30 to 45 days , depending on the conditions of your hair.
Care before capillary cauterization
There is no need for any special care before capillary cauterization.
Care after hair reconstruction with keratin
Cauterization minimizes problems in the layers of the hair , but aggression caused by other agents can be combated with hydration. Therefore, one procedure does not exclude the other, and it is good that after cauterization you maintain the hydration that you perform regularly, at home or in the salon.
Contraindications of hair plastic with keratin
Cauterization should not be applied to hair that has undergone another procedure , such as coloring or straightening, on the same day. It cannot be done if the scalp is injured or with any disease.
Recommended Hair Reconstruction Kits or Products:
- KERASTASE RESISTANCE RECONSTRUCTION architect strength mask 200 ml
- Wella – Rebuilding the mask professionals – Line Elements – 150ml
- L’Oréal Professionnel – Absolut Repair Lipidium – Instant rebuilding balm for very damaged hair – 500 ml
- Keramax – Hair Reconstruction Repair Serum
- Novex – Plastic Capillary Mask (Restorative Mix) 1 Kg
- Tresemmé Armor Platinum Repairing Hair Treatment – 1 pack
- Sesderma – Seskavel Hair Repair
- HAIRCONCEPT WEEKLY REPAIRING TREATMENT Hair Extracare 4 x 17 ml
- Gliss – Kur, Repair Serum, Hair Treatment, (2 x 200ml)
Cauterization is recommended for any type of hair , especially for very damaged, dry hair, with split and brittle ends, dehydrated by dyes or excessive use of hair dryer and straightening. Check the alternative treatments to progressive straightening and differences between the 3 types of straightening
Keratin replacement produces a fantastic result for the hair, leaving it with more shine, softness and strength.
Step by step for capillary cauterization at home
Products to carry it out:
- Anti-residue shampoo
- Moisturizing cream for your hair type
- Liquid keratin or gel without rinsing
- Thermal protector
- Hair dryer and straightener.
What steps should we follow?
- First, wash the hair with anti-residue shampoo , rinse well and remove excess moisture with the help of a towel.
- Next, separate the hair into strands and spread the hair mask , which can be natural or purchased (see our Aloe vera article with recipes for natural hair masks ). Massage well for 5 minutes, cover with a plastic cap and leave for 30 minutes.
- After this time, rinse to remove any trace of cream and dry with a towel.
- The next step is to apply the keratin around the hair. Always avoid the scalp .
- After you dry your hair thoroughly with dryer (with even the keratin in hair), separating the hair into small sections and carefully iron, strand by strand, to seal the keratin . Use a thermal protector before drying and ironing to protect your hair.
Note: You should verify that the product says that the keratin is without rinsing, because some are very concentrated and require rinsing, and these tend to dry the hair a bit. It is also good that it has other active ingredients, such as royal jelly, creatine, arginine and silicone, which can remain in the hair. When ironing the hair, these ingredients will penetrate the hair. Do not wash it for at least 48 hours after cauterization, and avoid applying any other moisturizing product during this period.
Results after keratin cautery
Strong, shiny hair with more body thanks to keratin. You will notice a greater softness after you wash it (not before 48 hours) because the keratin tends to leave it a bit heavy and thick. But you will see the improvements anyway.
And that’s it girls!
Hope you enjoyed this article. Take the test and tell us how it went!
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.