Is your hair weak, brittle, damaged and dry?
Do you have dandruff or do you suffer from excessive hair loss ?
So why don’t you try using an oil that can greatly help you with those problems .
This wonderful oil is extracted from castor beans (Ricinus communis), a very common plant in hot areas. These contain between 40 and 50% oil, very rich in ricinoleic acid,
This plant itself is toxic, but its oil is not (because ricin is not oil soluble).
Castor is very useful due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action and has various applications.
What can be treated with castor oil?
- Hair loss
- Intestinal constipation
- Yeast infections
- Menstrual disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
The skin can also benefit from this oil, as it has an emollient and moisturizing effect, penetrating the skin and stimulating the production of collagen and elastin , thus avoiding wrinkles and fine lines. Moreover, it effectively treats acne , boils, warts, dry skin , and dermatitis.
Castor oil benefits for hair
- Strengthens hair
- Fight against hair loss
- Fight against hair breakage
- Contains vitamin E, minerals and vitamins that help in hair growth
- Activates circulation in the scalp
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Helps dry and itchy scalp skin
- Helps in the treatment of baldness and alopecia
- Decreases dandruff (using it at the root)
- Hydrates and deeply restores hair
- Thickens hair
- Seals the cuticle of the hair fiber giving it shine
- Helps keep moisture inside hair
Castor oil to hydrate and nourish hair
In addition to conditioning and hydrating the scalp and hair, it prevents split ends.
If you want to include it in the nutrition phase of your hair programming , you can add a small teaspoon of this oil to two tablespoons of your favorite moisturizer . If you prefer, you can add it to the shea butter . Mix everything, apply to damp hair after shampooing, leave for 20 or 30 minutes and rinse.
For split ends, mix it with coconut oil . Apply the mixture only on the ends. Leave it on for two hours and wash your hair normally.
If you have split ends, don’t miss these articles:
- Repair dry ends? Best Tips and Products on the market
- Split ends repairers: learn how to use it on curly and frizzy hair.
IMPORTANT: This oil is thick and sticky, so avoid applying it in its pure state throughout the hair.
Castor oil for hair loss
It can prevent the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi, which can affect the health of your scalp and therefore hair loss can be avoided .
It contains many highly beneficial natural compounds that stimulate hair growth, and while it is not a cure-all for baldness, it can be used as a complementary treatment to improve hair loss and make hair grow thicker and stronger.
If the hair loss is due to genetic factors, using it as a treatment will not cure the problem. But it can help minimize the rate of decline .
How does castor oil stimulate hair growth?
When applied and massaged directly to the scalp, it stimulates the growth of healthy and strong hair, as it improves blood circulation, which is vital for hair growth.
It contains omega 6 fatty acid , which stimulates the follicles of the scalp and hair , strengthening it, so that when it grows, it will be less brittle.
The application does not require special preparation: you just have to use it directly on the scalp and massage for about 5 minutes . After that, put on a plastic cap and let the product work for a couple of hours . Next, wash your hair as usual.
Where to buy castor oil
It is very, very, cheap and can usually be found in physical pharmacies or in amazon at a better price.
- Cold Pressed Castor Oil – 100% Pure – 250ml
- Cold Pressed Castor Oil – 100% Pure – 500ml
- BIO Castor Oil – 100% Pure Cold Pressed Carrier Oil – Certified Organic – 60ml
- Castor essential oil – 500 ml – 100% pure
- Pure Natural Castor Oil 1000 ml – Castor Oil – Anti-bagging Beauty Oil, Hair Softener, Face Moisturizer, Nourishing Skin and Nail Repair – made in France
- NatureElle Pure and 100% natural castor oil – Hair care product – Strengthens nails and eyelashes. – 60 ml bottle
- BIO Virgin Castor Oil – 100ml
Another option for hair strengthening
In addition to castor oil directly on the hair, another interesting option for strengthening is the avocado mask.
See how to strengthen your hair with an avocado mask in our special article on homemade recipes.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.