Caudalíe uses the antioxidant properties of wine and grape in all its cosmetics, and Premier Cru Eye Contour is no exception. As I always say, analyzing each of the ingredients is the only way to know if a cosmetic is worth it or not. That is why I am going to analyze this outline which, a priori, looks good.
And that is why I have analyzed all the ingredients of the most popular brands in the article Best Eye Contours , which I recommend that you read after this analysis. This way you will discover how to read an INCI and what ingredients you have to look for in an eye contour.
Caudalie Eye Contour Premier Cru Analysis
- Coco-Caprylate / Caprate : A mixture of coconut oil and caprylic acid, and capric acid. It is used to improve the glide of many cosmetic products, making them smooth and silky to apply.
- Ethylhexyl Stearate : Also called Octyl Stearate. An emollient derived from vegetable oil that prevents water loss.
- Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Tested on Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Contour .
- Bis-Behenyl / Isostearyl / Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate : It is a mixed oligomeric ester of hydrogenated dimer acid, hydrogenated dimer diol and fatty alcohols. Provides excellent moisturizing capacity, improves skin hydration and the skin’s barrier function. Provides a feeling of hydration, flexibility and softness to the skin and hair.
- Hydrogenated Avocado Oil : Analyzed in the contour of Nezeni Cosmetics as Avocado Oil .
- Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Mica : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
- Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters : It is an innovative olive wax. It is non-greasy and stable against oxidation. It offers good texture, consistency and nourishing properties, while hydrating the skin.
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid : Analyzed in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 contour .
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil : Grape seed oil used in cosmetics and personal care products for its natural antioxidant properties. It has traditionally been used as a healing agent; It is currently used for its many beneficial properties, including as an antidandruff, antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and UV absorber. It also acts as a natural preservative and as an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) thanks to the fact that it contains malic acid.
- Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract : Product obtained by condensation of palmitic acid chloride and grape seed extract with properties similar to the previous ingredient.
- Palmitoyl Grapevine Shoot Extract : Product obtained by condensation of palmitic acid chloride and vine shoot extract, a powerful antioxidant that eliminates free radicals.
- Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan : A binding agent and viscosity-increasing agent used in cosmetics due to its additional properties, which allow it to soothe irritated skin, support the skin’s own antioxidant activity, protect it from environmental damage, and help it retain its humidity .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5 : Analyzed in the Nutreplus Triple Action Eye Contour .
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men.
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Tested in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Potassium Cetyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the Vichy Eyes LIFTACTIV Contour .
- Tocopherol and Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Polymethyl Methacrylate : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive contour .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Arginine : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Lactic Acid : Tested in Lancaster Contour Skin Therapy .
- Sodium Phytate : Salt of phytic acid, a plant component derived from corn, modified to become a synthetic ingredient and used as a chelating agent in cosmetics.
- Titanium Dioxide : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Tin Oxide : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides) : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
Summary Analysis Premier Cru Eye Contour by Caudalie
A formula without parabens, without mineral oils, without silicones, phthalates, or ingredients of animal origin. It does not have any irritating, allergenic or potentially toxic ingredients.
On the other hand, if it has a good amount of active principles, such as avocado oil, hyaluronic acid, AHA, vitamin E, and the Viniferin complex with all the properties of the seed and the grape vine. Of course, these could be somewhat higher on the list.
Without a doubt, a highly recommended formula to reduce wrinkles, puffiness and reverse free radical damage. The only downside is its price, which today exceeds € 53.
If you are out of price, I recommend the Nezeni Cosmetics contour, it is the one I use, with many active ingredients and a somewhat more affordable price. You can read their analysis, ingredient by ingredient, in the article Best Eye Contours that I recommended at the beginning.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.