Being the best moisturizer chosen by the OCU, it has my undivided attention, and also my skepticism. Can a € 2.99 cream be good? Or what is the same, have good ingredients?
We will check that in the analysis. For now, the packaging indicates that it has glycerin and panthenol, which are the ingredients that will provide hydration; and also a UVA / UVB filter (with sun protection factor 4) and vitamin E that combined act to protect the skin from free radicals.
We are going to check in what proportion are these ingredients, and what are those that surround them. And if you want more options, in this article you have an analysis of the Best Moisturizing Creams on the market, apart from the OCU.
Lidl Cien Moisturizing Cream Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Dibutyl Adipate : Tested in Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler SPF 30 cream .
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Face Moisturizer Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Dicaprylyl Carbonate : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer : This copolymer is a useful ingredient to help form nice gel textures. It is generally a formula combined with emollients (such as Isoparaffin C13-14, Isoparaffin, Isohexadecane, Isononanoate Isonononate, or Squalane) and can be used as an emulsifier and / or thickener to produce milk gel emulsions with a smooth and soft feel. not sticky on the skin.
- Polyisobutene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Ethylhexyl Triazone : Tested in Eucerin’s Hyaluron-Filler SPF 30 cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Panthenol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate : It is a high absorption UV filter in the UV-A range that minimizes overexposure of the skin to ultraviolet radiation. It is used in concentrations of up to 10% in sun protection products, alone or in combination with other UV absorbers.
- Ethylparaben : PARABEN.
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine : Analyzed in Eucerin Hyaluron-Filler SPF 30 cream .
- Perfume .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Allantoin : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Benzoic Acid : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Caprylyl / Capryl Glucoside : Tested in Bulldog Skincare for Men’s Eye Roll-on Original eye contour .
- Dehydroacetic Acid : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Bioderma’s Hidrabio Cream moisturizer .
- Panicum Miliaceum Extract : Tested in Bulldog Skincare for Men’s Eye Roll-on Original eye contour as Panicum Miliaceum (Millet) Seed Extract.
- Chlorella Vulgaris / Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment : It is the liquid obtained from the fermentation of the lupinus albus protein by the algae Chlorella Vulgaris, it is used as a conditioner and skin protector.
- Pectin : A natural substance found in plants, especially apples, and used in cosmetics as an emulsifier and thickener.
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Tannic Acid : Tested in Bulldog Skincare for Men’s Eye Roll-on Original eye contour .
- Ci42051 : This is a blue colorant allowed in the EU but prohibited in the United States. This can cause allergic reactions and irritate the skin.
- Potassium Sorbate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Sulfate : Sodium sulfate increases the thickness of the aqueous part (water) of the finished product.
Lidl Cien Moisturizing Cream analysis summary
They don’t really lie, as glycerin (which is a lubricant) and panthenol (provitamin B5) are the only hydrating actives that we are going to see in the formula. They do not lie but hide the truth.
They don’t say that the sunscreen they use releases free radicals in the presence of sunlight; Nor that it has parabens, silicones, various irritants, a toxic preservative, and a dye that can cause allergic reactions.
Its price is minimal, but its ingredients are not of quality, and this, sooner or later, ends up noticing or paying.
It is true that in the first 5 ingredients, which are the ones that have the most weight in the formula, it does not include any harmful ingredients, but everything else is enough to tip the balance to one side, that of not buying the cream .
I don’t know what criteria those of the OCU use to recommend one cream or another, but undoubtedly this formula is not to recommend it and that is why the “studies” they do are always fraudulent and without scientific basis … a shame 🙁
On the opposite side is Nezeni Cosmetics Collagen Cream, which I would recommend 100%. In fact, it is the cream that I use right now, mainly because of the quality of its ingredients.
They do not skimp on hydrating active ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid; And they do not include any harmful ingredients, such as irritants, poisons, parabens or allergens.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.