Extra-Firming Yeux by Clarins is an anti-aging eye balm that minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness , giving your eyes a younger and brighter appearance.
It adapts to the problems of women over 40 , providing firmness and smoothing wrinkles around the eyes.
A potent blend of albizia extract, caffeine and horse chestnut aescin treats dark circles, puffiness and signs of fatigue caused by aging or a hectic lifestyle.
Botanical extracts such as Mitracarpus lift and fight wrinkles, while Clarins’ new generation of mother-of-pearl brightens skin so eyes appear brighter and dark circles are less noticeable.
Not only is it a wonderful formula for treating fine lines and wrinkles while adding a youthful glow to skin , it also has a super smooth, non-greasy texture that will help even and smooth the complexion, gently softening the visible signs of aging and providing a perfect base for makeup.
With its smooth texture like a serum and comforting like a balm, it can be used daily or as a relaxing 10-minute mask that leaves the eye area without tension and looking fresh and rested.
Due to its softness, it is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
Are you looking for an eye contour for mature skin? Then do not miss our article with The Best Eye Contours for Women of 60 years .
Clarins is one of them. We are going to analyze all its ingredients and see what it can offer us.
Extra-Firming Eyes Analysis by Clarins
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Isononyl Isononanoate : Tested in Clarins Mission Perfection Serum .
- Betaine : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Dicaprylyl Carbonate : Tested in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Cellulose : Analyzed in XENSIUM serum from Laboratorios Rueda Farma .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Peg-100 Stearate : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Stearoxymethicone / Dimethicone Copolymer : The compound has the trade name of KF-7002, it is a white, high purity, odorless and organic silicone wax. It is designed to improve the texture of cosmetic formulations. Unlike most mattifying waxes, it gives a high shine, with a silky, non-sticky feel on the skin, similar to that of silicon.
- Synthetic Fluorphlogopite : Analyzed in Vichy Liftactiv Supreme anti-wrinkle cream .
- Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Caffeine : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Tested in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Sodium Polyacrylate : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream for men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Anigozanthos Flavidus Extract : Analyzed in Clarins’ Extra-Firming Jour anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in the Youth Eye Complex from iS Clinical .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Parfum / Fragrance .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
* Escin **: Analyzed in the Lancôme Génifique Yeux Light Pearl eye contour .
- Dimethiconol : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sorbitol : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Marrubium Vulgare Extract : Horehound extract has anti-free radical and anti-inflammatory properties, which translates into protection and vital rejuvenation of the skin. In vitro studies show 4 key characteristics that make it an ideal pollution fighter: Protects against the entry of particles into the skin, reducing absorption by 76%; removes and neutralizes harmful free radicals, as evidenced by a 21%, 26%, and 38% reduction in DNA damage, carbonylation, and lipoperoxidation, respectively;
Strengthens the barrier function of the skin by 18.6% compared to the control after exposure to the particles; and repairs cellular metabolism by increasing the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) by 66%.
- Tin Oxide : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Mitracarpus Scaber Extract : Analyzed in Clarins Extra-Firming Jour anti-wrinkle cream .
- Capsicum Annuum Fruit Extract : Pepper extract. Capsaicin is a compound that is isolated from hot peppers, responsible for the burning sensation that occurs when you eat or handle a hot pepper. Capsaicin-containing extracts are commonly used in cosmetic products as external pain relievers, flavoring agents, or fragrance components. Capsaicin skin treatment results in vasodilation, thus increasing skin blood flow, tone, and firmness. It can also act as an antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, astringent, and skin and hair conditioner.
- Furcellaria Lumbricalis Extract : Analyzed in Clarins Extra-Firming Jour anti-wrinkle cream .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Lapsana Communis Flower / Leaf / Stem Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Maris Sal / Sea Salt / Sel Marin : Analyzed in RapidLash Eyelash Strengthening Serum as Maris Aqua / Sea Water.
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
Clarins Extra-Firming Yeux analysis summary
Clarins has several eye contours, and this is one especially indicated for mature skin, which is noticeable in its formulation, which mainly helps to nourish and hydrate the skin.
The first ingredients are basically emollients and moisturizers, with a silicone that is the one that calls the shots, and is responsible for leaving a feeling so soft and pleasant to the touch.
Almond oil is another good emollient present in a good concentration, although to see the important functional assets you have to go a little lower, which means that its concentration is lower.
The first that we find is the extract of Albizia or silk tree, popular for being able to inhibit glycation, which is responsible for the degradation of collagen.
Caffeine is the second interesting asset, which, as we already know, increases circulation in the area, favoring the irrigation of nutrients in the area.
The cream is complemented with antioxidants such as vitamin E, soothing agents such as oats, anti-inflammatories such as aescin, or revitalizers, such as red algae.
Horehound extract is a great addition that fights pollution, protects the complexion from free radicals, and strengthens and repairs the barrier. The problem is that the concentrations of most of them are very low. To shame
Still, it is a good hydrating and nourishing eye contour that can take good care of the area around the eyes. The anti-wrinkle, anti-inflammatory and lightening properties fall short, so it is not very likely to solve your problems with bags, crow’s feet or dark circles.
Its texture is what we liked the most, as it leaves the skin really soft. It should be applied gently to the delicate eye area, making sure not to pull on the skin. You can apply it every day.
It has perfume and an irritant potential, although in low concentrations. It is unlikely to cause irritation, but it is possible.
If you do not want to take risks and use an eye cream that is more effective for your wrinkle problems, it is best to try the Antiage contour by Nezeni Cosmetics.
It is formulated with natural, quality ingredients, and active ingredients such as quinoa extract, hyaluronic acid and hydrolyzed collagen are in high concentrations. Therefore, it will be more effective than Clarins.
We have tested it, we have analyzed it, and we will tell you everything in the link that we leave you above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.