Men’s skin requires specific care. That’s why this dual-purpose exfoliating cleanser gently but effectively regulates the complexion while eradicating impurities.
A combination of saponaria extract and zinc gluconate reduces excess oil and removes dirt to deeply cleanse the skin.
The exfoliating action is twofold: Salicylic acid and pumice intensely soften the skin, while the microspheres remove dead skin cells for a smoother, more precise shave.
Skin stays clean and smooth, looking more vital and energized thanks to Clarins Men’s signature ingredient, bison grass.
And less ingrown hair means that the skin is optimally prepared for the shaving process.
This exfoliating cleanser will definitely leave your skin feeling very soft, and its cleansing agents will remove all traces of oil and dirt, without drying it out.
And now we are going to go on to analyze the INCI, something that I have already done with other cleansers, and you can find in this Review of the Best Facial Cleansers for Men .
Clarins Men Exfoliating Cleansing Review
- Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Petrolatum.
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Caprylic / capric glycerides.
- Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Stearyl Heptanoate : It is the ester of stearyl alcohol and heptanoic acid. It is often derived from sperm whale oil or plant sources, and is used as an emollient in cosmetics and personal care products. It is also found in most eyeliner products as an emollient and stabilizer. It is a low risk ingredient, and it is not expected to be potentially toxic or harmful. It can be used in concentrations of up to 25% in lip balms and up to 5% in ointments. It can potentially cause mild skin irritation, but is not a sensitizer. Undiluted, this ingredient can cause irritation to the eyes of rabbits, but at concentrations up to 1.5%, it does not cause any effect.
- Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil : The highly fragrant leaves of wild mint can be steam distilled to produce peppermint oil, which is used in cosmetics as a fragrance ingredient. Its main component is Menthol.
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate : Analyzed in Mercadona’s 9.60 Anti-aging wrinkle cream .
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil : Tested in NewPeptin’s Wrinkle Repair wrinkle cream for men .
- Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate : Analyzed in Bioderma Hydrabio Moisturizer .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Avobenzone.
- Ethylhexyl Salicylate : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Octisalate.
- Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ci 61565 / Green 6 : Tested in Clinique For Men Maximum Hydrator Gel Moisturizer .
Clarins Men Exfoliating Cleanser review summary
The first ingredients are emollients, which will prevent the skin from drying out, something that is always fine in a formula.
I am concerned that peppermint oil, which is a fragrance ingredient, is in such a high proportion, as although it may cause a feeling of freshness on the face, it is really the action of its sensitizing compounds that you feel. It may not be suitable for all skin types.
Eucalyptus oil is a purifying, clarifying and stimulating agent, but it is also a sensitizer, just like the previous one.
I do not think they are the two most successful oils to use in a formula, although as it has to be clarified, the sensitizing effect is minimal.
Rosemary oil is a good antioxidant and calming, and chamomile extract is anti-inflammatory, healing, and soothing.
But apart from these assets, and the occasional sunscreen, the cleanser does not have any other beneficial ingredients.
I think it is a very poor formula that it will not get or clean, or exfoliate in depth.
The Nezeni Cosmetics formula and its micellar water are much more complete and effective than that of Clarins Men. It has quite a few more actives and cleaners, and it works much better at removing dirt.
It is the cleanser that I am using at the moment, and I like it because it is astringent, balances, regenerating and soothing, and leaves my skin completely fresh and renewed.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.