This is one of the specific toners for dry or sensitive skin, which provides extra comfort, while cleansing, softening and revitalizing the complexion.
It avoids alcohol, and has a slightly gelled texture, which provides a fresh, natural feeling that is positively astonishing, and incredibly refreshing even after a rough shave.
Use this toner to complete a cleanse and get the best results, as it tightens pores to help prevent dirt from returning to the skin.
Nothing is mentioned of the ingredients it includes, so we are going to analyze the INCI to see what they are, and what they can really do for our skin.
If you are in search of the perfect toner for your skin, you cannot miss this Review of the Best Facial Toners for Men , where I analyze several popular tonics, and talk about their function and what you should look for when buying one.
Clarins Extra-Comfort Tonic Analysis
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Dipropylene Glycol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Peg-8 : Analyzed in the eye contour L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Eye Care .
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract : Analyzed in Jack Black’s Protein Booster Serum .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Panthenol : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Peg-32 : Same as ingredient Peg-8, discussed above.
- Ppg-26-Buteth-26 : Analyzed in Skeen + Anti-Aging Correcting Concentrate .
- Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide: An α-glucan oligosaccharide obtained by enzymatic synthesis from natural sugars (sucrose and maltose). This product is a powerful probiotic that stabilizes the skin’s microflora by stimulating the growth of beneficial bacteria. The skin is covered in billions of bacteria, fungi, and molds (known as saprophytic flora) that are involved in skin metabolism, lipase secretion, and lactic acid production. Both are necessary to maintain pH balance and support the immune system. This saprophytic flora feeds on sweat, sebum and dead skin, protecting the body against malignant microorganisms. Pollution, stress, age, sunlight, extreme temperatures, and antibiotics can destroy and inhibit the growth of beneficial flora.These stressors disrupt the balance of the skin’s microflora and lead to the growth of harmful flora that causes itching, redness, excessive peeling, irritations, and skin infections. The alpha-glucan oligosaccharide helps rebuild and sustain the skin’s microflora by stimulating beneficial microflora and maintaining the conditions necessary for the growth of these benign organisms.
- Sodium Citrate : Analyzed in Loreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in Loreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Fragrance .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Potassium Sorbate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polyacrylic Acid : Analyzed in Nivea For Men’s Active Age anti-wrinkle cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Althea Officinalis Root Extract : Marshmallow root is rich in starch and mucilagenic polysaccharides, which form a protective gel, along with flavonoids and anthocyanidins. This protective layer on the mucous membranes and the skin effectively soothes irritation and relieves inflammation. Marshmallow root can promote the generation of tissue fluid and increase moisture in poor skin conditions. Marshmallow is used in cosmetics for its soothing, moisturizing and soothing properties for the skin.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Retinyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Loreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil : Peanut oil, which acts in cosmetics as a skin conditioning agent. When applied to the skin, peanut oil can enhance the absorption of other compounds. But beware, peanuts are the food most likely to produce allergic and anaphylactic reactions.
- Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract : Analyzed in the ingredient Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, discussed above.
- Propylparaben : PARABEN.
- Butylparaben : PARABEN.
- Ethylparaben : PARABEN.
- Tilia Cordata Wood Extract : Extract derived from linden flowers. This natural extract was traditionally used as an anti-inflammatory herbal remedy, specifically for respiratory problems such as colds, fever, flu, sore throat, bronchitis, and cough. In cosmetics and personal care products, it is used as a conditioning agent. It includes flavonoids and active glycosides, which gives this ingredient antioxidant power and binding properties of water.
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Isobutylparaben : PARABEN.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in Loreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Chlorphenesin : Analyzed in Loreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Benzyl Alcohol : Tested in Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Amyl Cinnamal : Analyzed in Bio-Oil anti-stretch mark oil .
- Anise Alcohol : Anise alcohol, also called anisyl alcohol, is a colorless to slightly yellow liquid that has a pleasant floral odor. In cosmetics and personal care products it is used as a fragrance ingredient. The IFRA (International Fragrance Association) standard restricts the use of anise alcohol in fragrances due to its sensitization potential.
- Benzyl Benzoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Eugenol : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Yellow 6 : Analyzed on the Vichy Homme Hydra Mag C + eye contour .
Clarins Extra-Comfort Tonic analysis summary
Among all the ingredients that make up the INCI of this toner, there are really few that help our skin.
Among them are aloe vera juice (healing and moisturizing), flax extract (soothing and anti-inflammatory), panthenol (moisturizer), Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide (a protector that restores the beneficial flora of the skin), and Marshmallow root extract (anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant).
For such an extensive formula, only these 5 assets seem very few to me. So what are the remaining ingredients? There is a bit of everything, but most are troublesome.
There are irritating ingredients, to preservatives, parabens, or fragrances that can be allergens and sensitizers.
The overall result is that the bad ingredients prevail over the good assets, which drowns them out and doesn’t let them shine. So it is not an option for me.
Nezeni Cosmetics All-in-1 Micellar Water is a much better option. In the first place, it saves you from irritating and toxic ingredients, so you are not in danger of suffering the combined effect. Second, the number of beneficial assets is much more numerous, so you will notice the results more.
And as a third reason, it works to cleanse and tone, so you can take two steps in one.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.