This hydrating treatment promises to calm, brighten, and combat lines and wrinkles around the eyes for a more youthful appearance.
Analyzing its ingredients, we are going to see if it is able to reduce the problems in this delicate area, or our hopes that it will work are lost between so much ingredient.
If you want to see if the most famous contours for men work, do not miss this Analysis of the Best Eye Contours for Men .
Clinique For Men Anti-Age Eye Cream Review
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Tested on Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenyl Trimethicone : A derivative of silica that is used as an antifoam agent, and a conditioning agent for skin and hair. It reduces the tendency of formulas to foam when shaken, and increases the body, flexibility and shine of the hair, by improving the texture of hair that has been damaged by chemical treatments. It also slows the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface. Although silicone compounds can cause allergic reactions, Phenyl Trimethicone is considered safe.
- Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax : The fatty acid ester of beeswax and polyglycerin-3 that functions as a surfactant and emulsifier.
- Polybutene : Polybutene is an oligomeric oil, sometimes derived from petroleum, that is used in its hydrogenated form as a binder, depilatory agent, thickener, and lubricant. It is also used for its adhesive properties. There is little detailed information on the use of Polybutene in cosmetics, although it is widely used and is considered a versatile and effective ingredient. It is a low risk ingredient, although there are indications of skin, eye and lung irritation in connection with its use.
- Sucrose : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cetyl Esters : White synthetic wax used in cosmetics as a lubricant on the skin’s surface, texture enhancer and emollient.
- Isostearyl Neopentanoate : Tested in Clinique For Men’s wrinkle cream .
- Polymethyl Methacrylate : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive contour .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Tested in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract : Tested in Advanced Night Repair contour by Estee Lauder .
- Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract \ Extrait D’Orge : Tested in Clinique For Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Betula Alba (Birch) Extract : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair contour .
- Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate : Analyzed in Jeunesse de Lancôme Men’s Génific HD Activateur wrinkle cream as Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate.
- Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract : Analyzed in the Clinique Smart contour .
- Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul’S Wort) Extract : Tested in Clinique For Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf: Natural extract of the whole plant, leaves, flowers, stems and roots of sage. It is used as a skin conditioning agent, fragrance ingredient, and oral care ingredient. It is known to have antimicrobial properties due to the thujone content. It can protect formulas against certain bacteria and fungi. This ingredient also contains essential oils, derived from hydroxycinnamic acid and flavonoids, which provide additional antioxidant effects. It is also believed to have astringent and antihydrotic (combats perspiration) properties. Sage leaf is a low-risk ingredient; the only concern noted is the possibility that it is carcinogenic, because in vitro tests on mammalian cells showed positive results for the mutation. No other studies were found reporting negative side effects of use, and it is generally considered safe and natural. They should be avoided during pregnancy in high doses.
- Coleus Barbatus Extract : Also known as Forskolin, it acts as a skin conditioner and keeps pores clean and helps remove excess oil that contributes to the formation of blemishes.
- Polysilicone-11 : Tested in Lancaster’s Skin Therapy contour .
- Whey Protein \ Lactis Protein \ Protéine Du Petit-Lait : Tested in the Clinique Smart contour .
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glyceryl Polymethacrylate : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Peg-100 Stearate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream .
- Peg-8 : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Phytosphingosine : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cholesterol : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Linoleic Acid: Linoleic acid is a polyunsaturated fatty acid and is part of the Omega 6 fatty acids, which are found in many vegetable oils, especially safflower and sunflower oils. Deficiencies lead to dryness and hair loss, and poor wound healing. That is why it is used as an ingredient in beauty products to treat these problems. It is used as an emulsifier and in the production of soaps and oils; It is also used for its anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, and moisture-retaining properties. As a fatty acid, linoleic acid helps maintain healthy cell membranes, improve nutrient use, and establish and control cell metabolism. It also produces prostaglandins,
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Yeast Extract \ Faex \ Yeast Extract : Analizado en el contorno Advanced Night Repair by Estee Lauder .
- Dipropylene Glycol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Wrinkle Cream .
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the Vichy eye contour LIFTACTIV .
- 1,2-Hexanediol : Analyzed in the Mercadona Sisbela eye contour .
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Isomerized Linoleic Acid : Same as Linoleic Acid discussed above.
- Decarboxy Carnosine Hcl : A skincare ingredient that nourishes the surface of the skin in a way that helps transform it on many levels so that it appears noticeably younger, with a renewed feeling of firmness and a more even-looking complexion. With continued use, this ingredient also helps improve dull skin tone and rough texture, as well as smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, including deep wrinkles.
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Aminomethyl Propanol : Works to adjust PH levels. Has been shown to cause mild skin irritation and sensitization. It should be noted that aminomethyl propanol cannot be used in products containing secondary amines because it could cause the formation of harmful carcinogenic nitrosamines.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Potassium Sulfate : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair contour .
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria men’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Disodium Edta: Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Dehydroacetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Mica : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
- Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) : Also called Tartrazine. It is a synthetic dye based on tar. It is used to give lemon yellow color to foods, beverages, medicines and cosmetics. Tartrazine is approved by the FDA as a food ingredient that can be used within specific limits. However, it is prohibited in some countries, such as Austria and Norway.
- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
Analysis of Anti-Age Eye Cream Clinique For Men
It is a list in which you can get lost of how extensive it is. And if we start from the basis that the first 5-6 ingredients are the most abundant (and therefore, the ones that will have the most effect), we are left with only shea butter and a couple of emollients that will keep the area hydrated . .
Lower is where the active ingredients begin to be seen, which should be in higher positions for them to really take effect.
Among them there are antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, painkillers and even vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and squalane. A shame they are so low.
The downside is that we also found quite a few irritating ingredients (skin and eyes), silicones, PEGs and potentially toxic. And celiacs beware, several of the ingredients have gluten.
A much better option is the Nezeni Cosmetics contour , with fewer ingredients and better active ingredients. And of course, without the undesirable ingredients that I no longer want to put on my skin.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.