Clinique Smart Multi-Corrector Eye Contour Review
- Isododecane : Isododecane is a hydrocarbon ingredient that is used as an emollient. Thanks to its low viscosity and density, it is very easy to apply. It leaves a feeling of weightlessness on the skin and evaporates easily, which is why it is also considered a fragrance and perfume ingredient. It is generally considered non-irritating, unless there is prolonged exposure or a pre-existing allergy.
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polysilicone-11 : Tested in Lancaster’s Skin Therapy contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Peg-10 Dimethicone : A PEG linked to dimethicone, a silicone-based polymer used to give formulas a smooth feel, promote spreading, and add lubrication. It acts as a surface tension depressant, hair conditioning agent, skin conditioning agent. Due to the low molecular weight of Peg-10 Dimethicone, it is minimally absorbed by the skin.
- Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract : Extract from the skin of grapefruit, which helps fight acne by removing oil and dead cells. It is also antioxidant, and protective, since it is high in flavonoids, and rich in vitamin C. The vitamin C present in the grapefruit skin stimulates the production of collagen, and therefore, maintains and improves the elasticity of the skin, and decreases hyperpigmentation. However, you have to be careful, since the skin of this fruit is rich in furanocoumarins and coumarins, the main responsible for what is known as a phototoxic reaction that occurs when the skin is exposed to the sun. Not worrisome in low amounts, but be careful if they are at the top or in the middle of the ingredient list.
- Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract \ Extrait D’Orge : Tested in Clinique For Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract : Tested in Advanced Night Repair contour by Estee Lauder .
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract : Tested in Clinique For Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract : Extract of the yellow gentian root, whose components have soothing and antioxidant benefits for the skin.
- Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract : Hydrolyzed rice bran extract. It regulates melanin production and has been used in the Far East for years to help brighten the complexion. Rice bran extract also contains lipoic acid, an antioxidant, and vitamin B5, (niacin) to help improve cellular circulation.
- Hydrolyzed Rice Protein : Hydrolyzed rice protein, rich in amino acids beneficial for hair and skin. By increasing the ability of hair and skin to retain moisture, it increases flexibility and resistance to tension. On the skin, increased moisture retention creates a more hydrated and elastic surface. It is an effective anti-irritant and leaves a feeling of softness on the skin.
- Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Whey Protein \ Lactis Protein \ Proteine Du Petit-Lait : A form of protein derived from milk. An ingredient of animal origin, it works as a hair conditioning and skin softening agent. It also contains glutathione, an antioxidant that scavenges free radicals and slows down the signs of aging.
- Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract : Seaweed extract with exceptional soothing and softening benefits.
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract and Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract : Grape extract and grape seed extract, rich in polyphenols (such as resveratrol). They are not only used for their antioxidant, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, but also for their nutrients that can hydrate and repair the skin and offer protection against the environment and pollution.
- Plankton Extract : There is no research showing that plankton extract has any benefits for the skin but, like most forms of algae, it may have hydrating properties.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics cream as Argireline, very good ingredient with botox effect, but too low to have the effects discussed in the analysis.
- Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 : A mixture of the fatty acid palmitic acid with various amino acids, including glycine, histidine, and lysine, also known as pal-KTTKS and formerly palmitoyl oligopeptide. Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12 interacts with cell membranes to stimulate and revitalize the natural function of skin cells, renewing them to their maximum growth potential. It increases the natural productivity levels of cells and is considered one of the most powerful natural anti-aging ingredients.
- Peg-6 : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul’S Wort) Extract : Tested in Clinique For Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Algae Extract : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid : Analyzed in Bioderma Sensibio contour .
- Acrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Acetyl Glucosamine : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Cholesterol : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract : Bran extract from the rice plant, same as the Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract ingredient discussed above.
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Lecithin : Tested in Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour as Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract.
- Micrococcus Lysate : Extremely UV resistant marine microbe that enhances the skin’s restorative properties to speed up recovery and reduce the appearance of sunburn signs.
- Hydrolyzed Prunus Domestica : Hydrolyzed plum that has the effect of suppressing the intake of melanin by the epidermal cells, resulting in a lightening and moisturizing effect.
- Ergothioneine : Ergothionine is an antioxidant amino acid found naturally in the body and found in high concentrations in areas of the body that tend to experience high amounts of oxidative stress. In fact, experts have suggested that ergothionein should be classified as a vitamin due to its important role in preventing potentially harmful oxidation within cells, while protecting our DNA. Additionally, researchers have found that ergothionein, along with other amino acids, can help slow the natural aging process by reducing inflammation and oxidation, two key factors in premature aging.
- Yeast Extract \ Faex \ Extrait De Levure : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Isohexadecane : Tested in Powder Blossoms anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polysorbate 20 : It is derived from lauric acid and is also a chemical mixture of sorbitol oxide and ethylene. It acts as a surfactant, emulsifier, and fragrance ingredient. It can serve as a dispersing agent and mix oil and water, act as a fragrance solubilizer and stabilizer, act as a lubricant, and have a calming effect on the skin. Several animal studies show skin irritation at moderate doses.
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in the contour of Nezeni Cosmetics .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in the contour of Nezeni Cosmetics .
- Propylene Glycol Dicaprate : Tested in Clinique For Men’s wrinkle cream .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Tromethamine : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Polysorbate 80 : Tested on Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Glyceryl Polymethacrylate : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in the contour of Nezeni Cosmetics .
- Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol : Chemical compound from the Dianella ensifolia plant. This ingredient is known to inhibit tyrosinase, which is the enzyme that stimulates melanin production. Therefore, inhibiting the action of tyrosinase is a fairly efficient way to control hyperpigmentation. The problem is that, to date, there is no independent research showing that this ingredient is better than other ingredients that perform the same action.
- Dextrin : Carbohydrate classified as a polysaccharide. It is used as an adhesive when mixed with water. For the skin it can have water-binding properties.
- Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate / Vp Copolymer : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Peg-8 : Same as Peg-6 discussed above.
- Silica : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Rna : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Disodium Edta: Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Mica : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
Summary Analysis Clinique Smart Multi-Corrector Eye Contour
It takes a long time to read the list of ingredients, and it is not for less, since I have counted more than 60 ingredients.
Many of them are natural ingredients that basically provide an antioxidant function, very beneficial in fighting free radicals (one of the main causes of aging).
But the formula has several problems. The main one is silicones and PEG at the top of the list, which I don’t like at all. Another would be that it has some allergenic ingredients, such as wheat germ extract and barley extract, two sources of gluten; or the seafood-based ingredient, not recommended for allergy sufferers.
And last but not least, the exaggerated amount of ingredients, which no matter how many good ingredients there are, do not have the effect that they are supposed to have when being in such a low concentration. One such example is hyaluronic acid, an excellent anti-wrinkle ingredient, too low on the list.
As you can choose a better option from a wide variety of contours, I recommend the one I use, from the Nezeni Cosmetics brand, who also analyzed its ingredients in the article I mentioned at the beginning.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.