Many women find it difficult to add an eye contour to their skincare routine, but for mature skin, this step is vital.
Because the skin in the eye area is 40% thinner and more sunken, it’s one of the first places to reveal that you’re not exactly a teenager anymore. The crow’s feet, puffiness, bags, dark circles do you sound?
Hence the importance of using a specialized formula for this area on a daily basis that can reduce these signs of aging, and leave the skin well nourished and soothed.
We know that choosing the right formula can be a challenge, so let’s help you with this exclusive selection.
Here are the most effective anti-aging eye contour formulas chosen for their ingredients.
Yes, we have analyzed its ingredients one by one, and we are going to explain it to you with hair and signs in this article. If an ingredient is already analyzed in another product, we will leave a link so you can follow up.
Here are the two best options analyzed, plus a summary of the rest, and a link so you can easily access their full analysis.
And after the analysis do not stop reading. There is a lot of important information about this unique cosmetic and its role in your 40s.
And without further ado, let’s get started!
The best eye contours for women in their 40s
- Nezeni Cosmetics Botox Effect Eye Contour
- Complete Eye Renewal Balm by Algenist
- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Lifting Eye Balm
- Black Tea Firming Eye Serum from Fresh
- Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream by Perricone MD
- Eye Duty Triple Remedy by First Aid Beauty
Nezeni Cosmetics Botox Effect Eye Contour – The Best Contour
Check price on Amazon or on the cheapest laboratory website
This “magic” cream is your one-way ticket to achieve a firmer, more hydrated and vitalized contour as quickly as possible.
What is your secret weapon? We are glad you asked. The smart formula uses four key ingredients: Quinoa Extract (Cobiolift), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, and Apple Stem Cells .
This combination of concentrated actives creates a lifting effect that tightens the skin and leaves it energized and hydrated for the whole day.
It is noteworthy that all the ingredients that make up the cosmetic are natural, it does not include any irritant, and it can be used by all skin types and sexes.
These are the ingredients it contains:
We are not going to analyze ingredient by ingredient because we have already done this in the article on The Best Eye Contours , so you can check it here if you want.
But we are going to highlight some interesting features that explain why we have chosen this product as the best on the market.
We’ve highlighted 4 main ingredients before: Cobiolift, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, and Apple Stem Cells, and now we’re going to talk a bit about them.
Cobiolift is a complex sugar molecule (also known as a polysaccharide) isolated from quinoa seeds. And it turns out that this ingredient has the ability to generate a film that is biocompatible with the skin, which generates an almost instantaneous tension.
With use, it can reduce the depth of wrinkles on the face by up to 47%, according to human studies.
Enriched with high- and low-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid , which attracts and retains up to 1,000 times its own molecular weight in water, which actively supports the ability of cells to manufacture hyaluronic acid, which in turn helps decrease the depth of wrinkles and ensures long-lasting moisture.
The hydrolyzed collagen does not quite work by increasing the levels of this protein in the skin, but it lays the foundation and gives you the tools to generate more collagen the skin.
And remember that collagen production slows down over time, so it would be good if we produced more.
And finally, there are apple stem cells , extracted from a long-lived variety that improves and lengthens the functioning of skin cells. This makes them work better and for longer, delaying aging.
But these are not all the benefits it brings. It also has other moisturizers and emollients that provide the necessary hydration to keep the skin around it in optimal condition.
Glycerin, Fucogel, Coconut Triglycerides, Phospholipids… These ingredients help keep the skin well hydrated, smoothing out any fine wrinkles and contributing to an overall healthier and fuller appearance.
Additionally, this puts more distance between the surface of the skin and the underlying vasculature and also helps to counteract the shadows caused by sinking fat.
As you can see, there are no irritants, no alcohol, parabens or dyes. There is only perfume, which according to the brand, is composed of an essential oil that does not produce any type of irritation.
And if you look at it, the preservatives it contains are really few . This is a good thing, since the combined effect of the accumulation of all the preservatives contained in the cosmetics that you put on your face is thus avoided. It is one of the main reasons for your choice.
With a light and silky texture, this cream instantly melts into the fragile skin around the eyes (and lips) to diminish fine lines and leave the skin soft, plump and hydrated.
And they have also thought about the best way to preserve all these functional assets , in an airtight container in which they do not enter without light or air.
A dermatologically tested, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic option, highly recommended whatever your eye contour concern.
Complete Eye Renewal Balm by Algenist
A balm for the eye area with the exclusive anti-aging ingredient Alguronic Acid . This lightweight product hydrates and soothes the eye area to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
The revolutionary microalgae-based ingredient, Alguronic Acid, fights the visible signs of aging by helping to increase cell regeneration and elastin growth.
In comparative tests, Alguronic Acid outperformed other well-known anti-aging active ingredients, demonstrating superior anti-aging benefits.
The results measured after an in vitro test with alguronic acid: 55% increase in cell regeneration, 32% increase in elastin synthesis and 26% decrease in melanin production.
Additionally, the nourishing cucumber, aloe vera, and green tea extracts help smooth, hydrate, and soothe the skin, while caffeine helps reduce under-eye puffiness and dark circles.
The Vitamin C helps reduce wrinkles and to make the face look lustrous and radiant.
This renewing balm is suitable for all skin types and should be used twice a day as part of a daily regimen for best results.
Simply dab a little on your finger and gently massage into the skin, starting with the eye contour, working the balm along the fragile area of the skin and working up to the brow bone.
Let’s see how these ingredients are distributed in the list to see if the product can deliver what it promises.
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Isopropyl Isostearate : Tested in the Olay Eyes Ultimate eye contour .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Pentylene Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Glyceryl Stearate SE : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Dimethicone.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Undaria Pinnatifida Extract : Analyzed in La Mer’s The Revitalizing Hydrating Serum .
- Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Algae Exopolysaccharides : Polysaccharides are incorporated into the cosmetic product to function as a gelling agent, viscosity adjuster, thickener and emulsifier due to its water retention through its swelling capacity. This also makes them great moisturizers.
- Alaria Esculenta Extract : Analyzed in Dermalogica’s Age Smart serum .
- Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf / Stem Extract : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Caffeine : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tetrapeptide-21 : Tested in StriVectin TL Advanced Toning Cream .
- Dipeptide-2 : Analyzed in Skinception’s Kollagen Intensive Cream .
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 : Tested in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the eye contour LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes .
- Malus Domestica Fruit (Apple) Cell Culture Extract : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream for men Anti Aging Eraser by Mënaji .
- Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract : Tested in Eve Lom’s Cleanser .
- Glucosamine HCL : Tested in Estée Lauder New Dimension Serum .
- Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Inula Crithmoides Extract : Extract of the colic herb, with antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals. It is also used as a hair conditioning agent.
- Phospholipids : Analyzed in Apivita’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- N-Hydroxysuccinimide : Tested in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Chrysin : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm Eye Contour .
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone : Tested in Skinception’s Kollagen Intensive Cream .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer : Analyzed in the Olay Eyes Ultimate eye contour .
- Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Steareth-20 : Tested on Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Ceteareth-20 : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Xanthan Gum : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Aminomethyl Propanol : Tested in Clinique For Men eye contour .
- Potassium Sorbate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Chlorhexidine Digluconate : Tested in the Hydra Energetic Eyes area of L’Oréal Men Expert .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hexylene Glycol : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
The manufacturer of this eye balm suggests that the product has many beneficial properties that can reduce the signs of aging around the eyes.
This is a very important consideration, because the skin around the eyes is very thin, and it quickly shows even minimal damage.
Some of the biggest problems that the balm claims to solve include hyperpigmentation, puffiness under the eyes, and wrinkles.
By creating a formulation infused with antioxidants and moisturizers, Algenist suggests that the cream may be able to repair damage and improve skin texture.
There are a wide variety of ingredients in the eye area, many of which are designed to treat the signs of aging and provide moisture to the area.
The most important are shea butter, seaweed extracts, green tea, vitamin C, E, cucumber extract, caffeine and peptides.
This mixture that is in the first part of the list can achieve the purpose that the brand refers to. Above all, it is a hydrating formula, as emollients and moisturizers dominate the formula.
And then each ingredient contributes its two cents to treat wrinkles, puffiness and the purplish pigmentation of dark circles.
However, the bottom half of the list is wasted. It’s full of solvents, preservatives, thickeners, polymers, and other ingredients that don’t do your skin any good.
We did not find any synthetic paraben, sulfate, fragrance or colorant, phthalates, GMOs, or Triclosan. But this does not mean that it does not cause any harm, as there are up to 4 different preservatives, which can have a cumulative effect over time.
Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Lifting Eye Balm
A balm eye contour that helps awaken the look and revitalize the skin. It is not very moisturizing, despite including two forms of hyaluronic acid in its formulation, as these actives are in a very low concentration.
This also occurs with the peptide that relaxes muscle contractions, so its anti-wrinkle effect is very low. What it does do is protect blood vessels, reducing the dark pigmentation of dark circles.
With a couple of antioxidants (resveratrol is one of them), it can protect the skin from external agents and oxidation, and best of all, it does not have any irritating ingredients, or perfume. The formula is vegan and suitable for all skin types.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm, Analysis and Alternative .
Black Tea Firming Eye Serum from Fresh
This firming serum produces an instant “corset” effect, tightening the skin and reducing wrinkles. For this he uses the natural compound Easyliance, and some excellent botanical extracts.
Although they could be in a higher concentration, it has good antioxidants such as black tea, goji berries, lychee extract, blackberry and vitamin E, which increase collagen and prevent oxidation.
It also has a hydrating peptide, so hydration is covered. Although we do not like too much the presence of perfume, fragrances and so much preservative. This can have long-term negative effects.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Black Tea Firming Serum for Eyes from Fresh, Analysis and Alternative .
Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream by Perricone MD
The Perricone MD contour cares for the delicate skin of your eyes with an anti-aging formula that provides intense hydration.
Lightweight and non-greasy, the cream softens the skin to combat the loss of firmness and density caused by aging and environmental stressors.
But although the product includes several interesting active ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, 4 neuropeptides, squalane, antioxidants, and soothing and anti-inflammatory agents, the vast majority are not in the ideal concentration to take effect.
Therefore, its anti-aging effect is quite short. To which we must add that its packaging accelerates degradation. Over time, you won’t be able to do much more than hydrate.
You can enter the full technical analysis in the following article: Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream by Perricone MD, Analysis and Alternative .
Eye Duty Triple Remedy by First Aid Beauty
A complete eye treatment that instantly erases dark circles thanks to its light reflective tint and pigments. This is a momentary effect, but it does the trick.
This is completed with emollients, stimulating peptides, caffeine, green tea, red algae extract and licorice extract, a cocktail that improves the appearance of wrinkles, bags and dark circles, hydrating the skin.
It has a metal applicator that activates the circulation of the area. Although there is something that worries us, it has aluminum (in a low concentration), a neurotoxin that we would not like to put on our skin.
You can enter the full technical analysis in the following article: Eye Duty Triple Remedy by First Aid Beauty, Analysis and Alternative .
Is a specific cream for the eye contour really necessary?
If you think you can get away with using a regular moisturizer around the eye area, think again.
There is a reason why eye products exist: they are created to address specific eye problems, and are gentle enough to treat such a fine and delicate area.
Because the skin around the eye is considerably thinner than any other part of the body, it is more susceptible to irritation, fine lines, and sagging.
And that’s why contours are often aimed at addressing these concerns, but without being saturated with active ingredients.
The formulas generally include mild and natural ingredients, moving away from the harsh chemicals that make up other cosmetics.
And of course, they should not include alcohol, fragrances or dyes, or parabens. In short, no irritating ingredients that can harm the skin.
Is it necessary to change the contour as time goes by?
There are two key factors in a contour: the restoration of moisture and the increase of the active ingredients to keep the skin in an optimal state.
Both of these characteristics should increase as we age. Therefore, a product change is necessary as we age.
What is the right eye cream for me?
Each eye cream is unique, with different ingredients that address different problems and needs.
Swelling and bags
As we age, the healthy fat found under the skin begins a race to the bottom, causing sagging and sagging.
Normally, healthy fats support the tissues and muscles of the eyes to make the skin look tight and firm. But as the muscles weaken, the fat falls to the lower eyelids, causing visible swelling.
Aging, fluids, a poor diet, alcohol, and lack of sleep are the nightmare combination that causes those pesky bags. And even if you deal with your lifestyle, aging is inevitable.
You can reverse these effects with eye contours that contain caffeine, cucumber, peptides, and light-reflecting mica.
Dark circles and bags often go hand in hand. Fats and fluids accumulate on the lower eyelids, casting shadows that appear as annoying dark circles.
To make matters worse, stress, pigmentation, and lifestyle choices add to skin discoloration.
Soon, you are left with pigments that you can’t get rid of. Ingredients like caffeine, licorice, and kojic acid, as well as vitamins C and K, are often helpful in this case.
Wrinkles and crow’s feet
Aging is inevitable. That said, it doesn’t hurt to slow down the process a bit.
The constant muscle movements that result in winks, smiles, etc. they can stimulate the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
The underlying cause is the depletion of collagen, which is responsible for the firmness of youth.
Ultimately, contours with ingredients like retinol can give skin a collagen boost. Also keep an eye out for creams with tea extracts, Cobiolift, niacin, hydroxy acids and vitamin C.
Skin at 40 is drier and lacking in water. If your eyes desperately need hydration, then Hyaluronic Acid is your savior.
And if your cream doesn’t have an SPF, apply a sunscreen right after to protect your complexion from harmful UVB and UVA rays.
Does it matter how I apply the eye contour?
Yes. It is recommended to apply it gently on the eyelids and under the eyes, but not too close to the lashes. Even the softest contours can irritate the eye if you get too close.
The movement you do with your fingers is not too important: clapping or turning in circles usually does not make any difference!
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.