We are going to analyze an antiaging repair cream that is sold as having a high concentration of anti-aging actives and antioxidants that prevent and counteract skin aging.
It is also a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic formula, free of parabens, and the perfume is allergen free. A boat soon looks good, but to be sure, we are going to analyze their list of ingredients to see that they do not fool us.
And if you want, after reading this article I recommend that you take a look at this other one with an Analysis of the Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams Recommended by Dermatologists . It explains how to read an INCI, the ingredients that a cream must have for a dermatologist to recommend it, etc.
Analysis Summum RX Antiaging Repair Treatment Cream from Cumlaude
- Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Water : Analyzed in the eye contour of Nezeni Cosmetics .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Mandelic Acid : Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) made from the extract of bitter almonds. Its antibacterial and AHA properties make it an ideal ingredient for skin care products. Mandelic acid has larger molecules than most of its AHA counterparts; therefore, it is less irritating to the skin, but can offer the same anti-aging benefits: accelerated rate of cell renewal, removal of dead skin cells, and increased collagen production. Its antibacterial properties make it also serve as an effective acne treatment. Like AHAs, caution should be exercised when using and exposed to the sun. Sunscreen should always be used, ideally with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s wrinkle cream as Caprylic / capric glycerides.
- Cetyl Ricinoleate : A fatty acid made from castor oil, a vegetable oil obtained from the seeds of the castor plant communis. Also known by its trade name Naturechem CR. It works as a conditioner, stabilizer and film former in cosmetic formulations. It is known to provide light, non-greasy and silky hydration to the skin. It is considered a non-comedogenic emollient that does not clog pores.
- Methylpropanediol : Analyzed in Caudalíe’s Premier Cru serum .
- Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter : Cocoa butter temporarily protects injured or exposed skin from harmful or bothersome stimuli, and can provide soothing to the skin. It also slows the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface.
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in LOreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tridecyl Stearate : Tested in Isdin AGE Reverse Cream .
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Analyzed in LOreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria men’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Methyl Gluceth-10 : A water soluble emollient and humectant produced from Glucose and Methyl Alcohol and originally derived from corn sugar and cornstarch. It is a versatile, soft and effective moisturizing, emollient and foaming agent that imparts a soft sensation to the skin. It is used specifically for its moisture-retaining qualities and its ability to open pores and follicles.
- PEG-100 Stearate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Tridecyl Trimellitate : Analyzed in the Bioderma Sensibio eye contour .
- Parfum (Fragrance) .
- Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate : Tested in Isdin AGE Reverse Cream .
- Propanediol : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Contour .
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 eye contour .
- Ferulic Acid : Ferulic acid is found in the cell walls of plants such as wheat, rice, peanuts, oranges, and apples. It seems to be particularly abundant in coffee and amaranth. It is an antioxidant that can seek out and destroy several different types of free radicals: superoxide, hydroxyl radical, and nitric oxide. A 2004 Italian study concluded that ferulic acid is a more powerful antioxidant than alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E), beta-carotene, and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). It works synergistically with other antioxidants and makes vitamins more powerful. Other studies find it particularly good at preventing sun damage, and exposure to ultraviolet light actually increases the antioxidant power of ferulic acid.
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate / Hexacaprate : Analyzed in Isdin’s AGE Reverse Cream .
- Dimethiconol : Analyzed in LOreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cetyl Palmitate : The ester of cetyl alcohol and palmitic acid, a natural fatty acid found in plants and animals. An emollient that lubricates and conditions the skin’s surface, helping it appear smoother and smoother. It is also used as a surfactant in shampoos, and as an emulsifier and thickener in various lotions and creams. It also helps add texture to various makeup products. In human skin tests, humectants containing 2.5% -2.7% cetyl palmitate are minimally irritating to the skin, and do not produce signs of sensitization, phototoxicity or allergenicity on contact with the skin.
- Polymethyl Methacrylate : Analyzed in Clarins eye contour .
- Superoxide Dismutase : Analyzed in the Sesderma Reti Age eye contour .
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid : Caprylhydroxamic acid (CHA) is an amino acid derived from coconut oil. It acts as a preservative and broad-spectrum antifungal agent. Unlike many other more common preservatives, it is very effective at neutral pH levels. It is also a chelating agent for iron ions; low iron environments show lower levels of mold growth. It is an alternative to parabens, which are a widely used preservative, but have numerous health and safety concerns associated with them.
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sclerotium Gum : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Gluconolactone : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Ginkgo biloba Leaf Extract : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Vitis vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract : Tested in Clinique Smart eye contour .
- PEG-8 : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in LOreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate : Analyzed in Mënaji’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Potassium Sorbate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Ascorbyl Palmitate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Calcium Gluconate : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Ascorbic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
Summary analysis Antiaging Repair Treatment Summum RX Cumlaude Cream
It is a pity that with the very good active ingredients that the cream has, they are in such a small proportion. At the top there is only one AHA present, which I do not know if it will irritate the most sensitive skin too much.
Instead, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, anti-inflammatories, calming agents, vitamin C, and neuropeptide are at the bottom of the list.
It has a ton of filler ingredients: emollients, lubricants, and conditioners; and I have also come across some irritant, sensitizer, a silicone and two PEGs.
In addition, there is the problem of Sodium Benzoate, which in the presence of vitamin C produces benzene, a dangerous carcinogen.
The truth is that they could have gotten more out of it by rearranging the ingredients (and eliminating some). As I value my skin and my health too much, I will reject this cream.
It is clear that if you want an anti-wrinkle cream that is effective, and that does not cause health problems in the past, the best option is the Nezeni Cosmetics cream.
Its INCI is a clear example of what should be the proper proportions in a formula, and the ingredients that should not appear.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.