Age Smart is a super concentrated repair cream that fights chronic dryness, dehydration and premature aging of the skin while repairing and protecting it.
As Dermalogica’s richest moisturizer, it soothes, hydrates and replenishes even the thirstiest skin, while also acting as a protective balm to combat extreme cold and dry environmental conditions.
Its powerful peptides stimulate the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid to help repair premature skin aging; while an acid-free renewal complex smooths fine lines to dramatically improve elasticity and tone .
Ultra-emollient shea butter and evening primrose oil replenish skin with maximum hydration , relieving dryness and strengthening the skin’s natural defensive barrier.
And soy flavonoids protect skin against extreme environmental elements that can accelerate the visible signs of aging, while fighting inflammation.
It is time to analyze the ingredients to see if all the other ingredients are as functional. Below I leave you the summary of the analysis and I tell you my opinion of this product.
This is one of the options that we have chosen for our selection with The Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams for Women of 60 years , an article in which you will discover all the characteristics and needs of this mature skin.
Dermalogica Age Smart Super Rich Repair Analysis
- Isohexadecane : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Dipropylene Glycol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Caprylic / Capric / Myristic / Stearic Triglyceride : Tested in Martiderm’s Epigence 145 Sleeping Cream anti-wrinkle cream .
- Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone : Tested in Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP + R Serum .
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Octyldodecy Neopentanoate : Tested in Jack Black’s Double Duty Moisturizer .
- Sodium Chloride : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Isostearic Acid : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Active Energizing Concentrate anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Arginine / Lysine Polypeptide : A compound of L-lysine and L-arginine that is used as a global triple action anti-aging peptide. It helps to stimulate the synthesis and deposit of structural components of the extracellular matrix. It also helps to inhibit collagen crosslinking and inhibition of metalloproteinase 1 (MMP-1 collagenase) release.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 : Analyzed in Skinception’s Kollagen Intensive cream .
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Extract : Analyzed in Bioderma’s Hydrabio cream .
- Borago Officinalis Seed Oil : Analyzed in the Bulldog Skincare for Men Original eye contour .
- Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Hydrogenated Coconut Oil : Analyzed in Jack Black’s Protein Booster Skin Serum , in this case the oil is hydrogenated.
- Gardenia Tahitensis Flower : Tiaré flowers have antiseptic properties due to the richness of essential oils, as well as soothing and purifying properties due to salicylic acid and its derivatives salicylates. Finally, the Tiaré flower exudes a seductive fragrance that is a very refined source of inspiration for perfumers. Its complex spicy aroma has notes of honey, chocolate and cinnamon, along with green and vanilla notes.
- Algae Extract : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Yeast Extract : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Glucosamine HCl : Tested in Estée Lauder New Dimension Serum .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Colloidal Oatmeal: Colloidal oats, created when oats have been ground and then suspended in liquid. This method allows the oatmeal to be more easily absorbed into the skin, helping it to be even more effective at protecting and softening it. Contains Avenacin compounds, which have antifungal properties; saponins, which can aid in cleaning; and flavonoids, which can help absorb ultraviolet A (UVA) rays. It also includes vitamin E, which is an anti-inflammatory, along with phenols and starches to aid in hydration. What makes it effective for calming the skin is the cellulose and fiber in oats. These produce a skin-soothing emollient that is effective against irritation and redness that comes from conditions such as eczema and rosacea. Colloidal oatmeal is an all-natural skin soothing solution for eczema, insect bites, sunburn, poison ivy, and other itchy and other inflamed skin conditions. When applied topically, colloidal oatmeal works by drawing moisture to the skin and locking it in, forming a protective barrier. It rarely causes allergies.
- Madecassoside : Tested in La Roche Posay Redermic C Filler Treatment .
- Genistein: Genistein is a phytoestrogen found in soy with a structure similar to estrogen. It behaves as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient, as well as a collagen producer. With its low molecular weight, genistein can penetrate the skin well. As a powerful antioxidant, this phytoestrogen reduces lipid peroxidation and scavenges free radicals, and alleviates the damage these free radicals can cause to skin tissues. It has been studied as a wound healer due to these properties. Genistein stimulates the production of collagen synthesis as a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, and inhibits the breakdown of existing collagen and elastin, helping the skin to retain its elasticity and tone. It has been shown to increase the thickness of the epidermis, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Studies show that it can be effective in treating cellulite by modulating the growth and differentiation of adipose tissue, as well as strengthening connective tissue and dermis, all of which contribute to the development of cellulite. It is also recommended for use in solar and post-solar care products, since it interrupts the UV signaling cascade that leads to photoaging, in addition to reducing the oxidative stress that the skin undergoes when exposed to sunlight. It has been shown to reduce sun-induced redness and inflammation. in addition to strengthening the connective tissue and the dermis, all of which contributes to the development of cellulite. It is also recommended for use in solar and post-solar care products, since it interrupts the UV signaling cascade that leads to photoaging, in addition to reducing the oxidative stress that the skin undergoes when exposed to sunlight. It has been shown to reduce sun-induced redness and inflammation. in addition to strengthening the connective tissue and the dermis, all of which contributes to the development of cellulite. It is also recommended for use in solar and post-solar care products, since it interrupts the UV signaling cascade that leads to photoaging, in addition to reducing the oxidative stress that the skin undergoes when exposed to sunlight. It has been shown to reduce sun-induced redness and inflammation.
- Urea : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Hexyldecanol : Analyzed in Bioderma’s Hydrabio cream .
- Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men as Polyglyceryl-10 pentastearate.
- Cetyl Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Dimethicone.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hexylene Glycol : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil : Analyzed in Apivita’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cupressus Sempervirens Leaf / Stem Extract : The oil from cypress leaves and stems has astringent, fragrance, and skin and hair conditioning properties.
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil : Analyzed in NewPeptin’s Wrinkle Repair Cream .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil : Analyzed in PCA Skin’s ExLinea Peptide Smoothing Serum .
- Abies Sibirica Oil: Essential oil from the leaves / needles of the Siberian fir (Abies sibirica). The aroma of the oil evokes memories of Christmas and is particularly apt to lift your spirits during the long dark European winter. The resinous and uplifting aroma, and its effect on the limbic system, is one of the most attractive properties of fir needle oil, which can be inhaled directly from the oil or diffused through a vaporizer or a liquid candle. This oil can be used as a stimulant for the circulatory system, either through drops in a hot bath, steam inhalation or through an aromatherapy massage. Stimulating the lymphatic and liver systems helps process toxins out of the body, has a diuretic effect, and will reinvigorate a slow metabolism and immune system. The analgesic properties of the oil will help reduce pain. Its fragrance counteracts the odors of bacteria that cause bad odors; leaves skin with a refreshing and invigorating scent.
- Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Stop Wrinkle moisturizer .
Dermalogica Age Smart Super Rich Repair review summary
If your skin needs a little more pampering than your classic moisturizer offers, look no further than Age Smart Super Rich Repair by Dermalogica.
This deeply nourishing, hydrating cream provides increased hydration, while also packs in a powerful anti-aging punch.
Enriched with premium anti-aging ingredients, this rich and luxurious cream reduces dehydration while stimulating collagen production.
Among the hydrating ingredients it includes is hyaluronic acid, which provides the instant hydration that dry skin needs .
To this must be added the large number of emollients that it has among the first positions (including glycerin).
And evening primrose, borage, jojoba, sunflower oil and shea butter restore and reinforce the skin’s natural protective barrier , helping to reduce trans-epidermal water loss, while preventing entry into the skin. skin from potentially irritating environmental pollutants.
With all of these ingredients, if your skin is chronically dry, you are likely to find relief in this cream.
And as for the anti-aging active ingredients, the two peptides that stimulate collagen production and improve elasticity and tone stand out.
The active isoflavonoids in soy, which defend against environmental attacks that can accelerate the visible signs of aging; repairing the damage under the surface.
Genistein, an active soy isoflavonoid that scavenges free radicals and stimulates the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid . Or a terpene from gotu kola that inhibits inflammatory mediators while treating inflammation.
Lastly, Colloidal Oatmeal and Oat Extract provide relief from the itchiness of chronically dry skin.
Whether you have a naturally drier skin type, or if your skin is reacting to adverse weather conditions, your skin will be nourished, protected and hydrated with Super Rich Repair.
You will notice an immediate difference once it is absorbed into the skin.
It is the perfect choice for severely dry and dehydrated skin or those with mature skin looking for more than just a rich moisturizer. The formula acts as a balm to protect against irritating conditions, making it an excellent choice for those who live in cold, dry climates.
There are only two drawbacks, it contains fragrances and a sensitizing ingredient, and its price is quite high.
For maximum benefits, apply to face and neck morning and / or evening with light upward movements. Wait for the cream to absorb before applying other products.
You don’t have to leave half a kidney to take care of mature skin, especially if you know how to choose creams correctly.
For example, Nezeni Cosmetics anti-aging cream has great anti-aging ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, shea butter, peptides or vitamin C. In addition, it is really effective, and its price is quite reasonable.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.