Although often associated with feminine hygiene, Dove pulled its men’s line to reach the other side of the aisle, and we couldn’t be happier about it.
To help prevent dry facial skin, there is Dove Men + Care’s unique moisturizing formula, which combines mild surfactants with the same lipids naturally found in skin for natural hydration.
The Men + Care formula is easily rinsed off for a deep cleansing sensation, and replenishes lost moisture to combat dry skin.
It is not specified which are the ingredients that will achieve these results, so we are going to go directly to the INCI, which will give us the answers we are looking for.
And since I see that you like to take care of yourself, I recommend that you take a look at this Review of the Best Facial Cleansers for Men , where you will find the best options for your face wash, whatever your skin type.
In addition, after the analysis you have important information about facial cleansers for men, from the ingredients they have to include, to how to use them.
Dove Men + Care Face Wash Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate : It is a surfactant that is used as a cleansing agent and to lather in shampoos, body soaps, face care, and toothpastes. Sodium lauroyl isothionate can cause skin irritation depending on the susceptibility of the person and the concentration used. However, it is generally considered a mild option.
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate : Analyzed in Bioderma Sébium Moussant Gel .
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine : Tested in Zelens Z Detox Cleaner .
- Lauric Acid : Analyzed in Vichy Pureté Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel .
- Fatty Acid Or Palmitic Acid : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Palmitic Acid.
- Sodium Isethionate : Same as the ingredient Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, discussed above.
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Tested on Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Contour .
- Fragrance .
- Sodium Chloride : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Tetrasodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Disodium EDTA.
- Peg-14M : Polyethylene glycol that acts as an anticaking agent, an emulsion stabilizer and an agent for increasing the aqueous viscosity.
- Etidronic Acid : Etidronic acid is a chelating agent and can be added to bind or counteract the effects of substances such as arsenic, iron, or other metal ions that can appear in the presence of some soaps. It also acts to slow down the oxidation of fatty acids. To clarify, a chelator or chelating agent is a binding component that is added to many cosmetics, beauty products, and water softeners to form multiple bonds with a single metal ion and neutralize it. It can be irritating and should be rinsed well after use.
- DMDM Hydantoin : Tested in Lubriderm’s Men’s Cream .
- Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate : Tested in Cien Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Methylisothiazolinone : Analyzed in Loreal Men Expert’s Hydra Energetic Magnetic Charcoal Daily Cleanser .
- Titanium Dioxide : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
Summary analysis Face Wash Dove Men + Care
The formula begins with glycerin, a lubricant that is usually present in most cosmetics, as it is very cheap and provides a very pleasant sensation on the skin.
Next on the list are surfactants, which are the agents in charge of removing dirt from the skin. The amount of these compounds that it includes is impressive, I have counted up to 8.
What I don’t like is that they include stearic acid and sodium laureth sulfate, both known to be irritating ingredients.
There is an emollient, which we could say is the only ingredient that is worthwhile in the formula, since the rest do not contribute anything good. Perfume, irritating and sensitizing preservatives, irritating chelators, and colorants.
Dove Men + Care Face Wash is not the best product for men. In fact, I would avoid it altogether as it has a ton of irritants, chemicals, and harmful with regular use.
With the combination of all these ingredients applied daily, I wouldn’t be surprised if your skin turns red or flaky.
A much better alternative is Nezeni Cosmetics, as it has far more active ingredients, mild surfactants, and avoids harsh chemicals and most preservatives.
It is clear that the Dove option will not hydrate your skin, although it will remove dirt, along with your natural oils, something that with Nezeni micellar water will not happen to you.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.