Dr. Dennis Gross’ Triple Action Anti-Aging Moisturizer promises to help visibly smooth rough texture, hydrate skin, and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Aimed at those women who want visibly smoother, smoother and more radiant skin, the cream harnesses the power of Retinol combined with Ferulic Acid and ECG Cellular Complex to visibly improve the complexion.
The brand claims that its powerful blend of ingredients, led by Retinol and Ferulic Acid, help increase the skin’s hydration barrier and firm the appearance of sagging skin , so that the complexion looks renewed and the skin is smoother. and smooth.
This formula provides long-lasting hydration thanks to the ECG complex (which stands for Elastin Collagen Growth), which works to strengthen the skin’s own regenerative capacity.
But if you look at the INCI, there is something more than Retinol and Ferulic Acid in its formula, so let’s find out what else is behind this product, and why we have included it in the selection of The Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams for Women of 60 years .
Ferulic + Retinol Anti-Aging Moisturizer Review by Dr Dennis Gross
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Isododecane : Tested in the Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Dimethiconol : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Cyclohexasiloxane : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Cyclotetrasiloxane : Same as the previous ingredient.
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Stearyl Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Dimethicone.
- Sodium Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer : Tested in Lidl’s Cien Moisturizer .
- Potassium Cetyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the eye contour LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes .
- Octadecene : Together with Stearyl Dimethicone they form the compound DOWSIL 2503 Cosmetic Wax, a wax that melts on contact with the skin and provides moisturizing benefits. It is a true hybrid of hydrocarbons and siloxane.
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Polymethyl Methacrylate : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive Concentré Zone Regard eye contour .
- Isohexadecane : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Collagen Amino Acids : Analyzed in Dr. Dennis Gross’s Ferulic + Retinol Serum .
- Ferulic Acid : Analyzed in the cream Summum RX Crema de Cumlaude .
- Gallic Acid : Analyzed in Dr. Dennis Gross’s Ferulic + Retinol Serum .
- Ellagic Acid : Analyzed in Dr. Dennis Gross’ Ferulic + Retinol Serum .
- Arnica Montana Flower Extract : Analyzed in Oskia’s Eye Wonder eye contour .
- Centella Asiatica Extract : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Retinol : Analyzed in the Sesderma Reti Age eye contour .
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract : Tested in Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP + R Serum .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Morus Alba Leaf Extract : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour as Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract.
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract : Tested in StriVectin TL Advanced Toning Cream .
- Glycolic Acid : Analyzed in Apot.care for Men Super Hyaluronic Serum .
- Lactic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Youth Architect Force Supreme Serum .
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Adenosine : Analyzed in the eye contour Génifique Yeux Light Pearl by Lancôme .
- Saccharide Isomerate : Tested in Clinique Moisture Surge Cream .
- Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract : Tested in InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Cream .
- Tetrapeptide-21 : Tested in StriVectin TL Advanced Toning Cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Glyceryl Behenate : Analyzed in Bioderma’s Hydrabio cream .
- Acrylates / Carbamate Copolymer : Analyzed in Dr. Dennis Gross’ Ferulic + Retinol Serum .
- Leuconostoc / Radish Root Ferment Filtrate : Tested in Kypris Moonlight Catalyst Serum .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tetrahydropiperine : Also called Cosmoperine, tetrahydropiperine is derived from piperine, which is found in black pepper. It acts as a penetration enhancer, increasing the absorption of active compounds and nutrients through the skin. The active cosmetic ingredients improve permeation, increasing its effectiveness. The product is effective in very small amounts (0.01-0.1% by weight in active-containing formulations). It does not have any irritating or sensitizing side effects.
- BHT : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Benzophenone-3 : Tested in Clinique For Men Maximum Hydrator Cream .
- Glyceryl Stearate SE : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone / Dimethicone Copolymer : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour as Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer.
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Dimethicone.
- Cyclodextrin : Analyzed in Lancôme Tonique Confort facial toner .
- Sodium Citrate : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tetrasodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Disodium EDTA.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hexylene Glycol : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polysorbate 80 : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Behenic Acid : Tested in the Lab Series Cleaner .
- Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Dr. Dennis Gross’s Ferulic + Retinol Serum .
- Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract : Tested in Vichy Homme LiftActiv Cream as Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract / Lemon Peel Extract.
- Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower / Leaf / Stem Extract : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye as Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil.
- Citral : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Potassium Sorbate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Annatto (CI 75120) : A colorant derived from the
annatto plant (Bixa orellana) that gives cosmetics a red or orange hue. It is generally considered safe.
Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Anti-Aging Moisturizer Review Summary
Dr. Dennis Gross Moisturizer uses the proven power of retinol and ferulic acid to smooth the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, support skin regeneration, and create a firmer complexion.
Although feeling it a lot, the mixture begins with a good dose of silicones, which although they manage to instantly soften the texture of the skin, it is only a momentary effect that does not last, and also occludes the pores producing a rebound effect.
After several silicones and emollients, all the actives begin to emerge, which are many more than ferulic acid and retinol. These two ingredients are highly recommended to fight aging, although they often cause the skin to dry out and flake.
But this particular formula does not cause skin irritation or dryness .
In addition to ferulic acid, which provides protection against sun damage, Dr Dennis Gross Moisturizer is packed with skin-friendly antioxidants like gallic acid and ellagic acid, which help reduce dark spots and photo damage .
Also got centella asiatica and arnica extract, which promote cell regeneration and prevent inflammation. Or the licorice extract that evens the tone and improves the firmness of the skin.
Retinol helps smooth lines and wrinkles, while glycolic acid helps reduce the visible signs of aging.
Hyaluronic acid provides soothing hydration to the areas that need it most, while fighting the appearance of wrinkles and firming the appearance of the skin.
But despite having a creamy texture, this facial moisturizer is not rich enough for dry skin, and is more suitable for normal to oily skin.
Finally, willow bark, glycolic acid, and lactic acid exfoliate dead skin and clear blackheads.
Like all Dr. Dennis Gross products, this moisturizer is formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, so it works for the most sensitive skin as well.
However, it has two major problems, it is packaged in a jar , and it includes fragrance ingredients such as bergamot oil.
This is a problem because moisturizer contains several light and air sensitive ingredients, including retinol and ferulic acid.
From the first time you open the jar and remove the protective cap, those sensitive ingredients are fully exposed to air and light, making them less effective over time.
Anti-aging ingredients cannot do a good job of strengthening and firming skin when the packaging only serves to weaken them with each use.
And on the other hand, bergamot oil and the other fragrance ingredients give off a great smell, but when used topically, some are photosensitizing and have photomutagenic properties, which means it can induce malignant changes in cells .
A risk that your skin is not willing to take.
One more note, this product cannot reduce sagging skin . It contains film-forming agents (such as silicones) that can make lax skin feel smoother and perhaps a little tighter, but no permanent stretching is taking place.
Such feats are beyond the ability of the best skincare ingredients, which is why most of us will need a combination of great anti-aging skin care, plus surgical or corrective cosmetic procedures to keep skin from face and neck with a smoother appearance.
If you still want to use it, to get the best results with this product, apply it to clean, dry skin morning and night, depending on your skin’s needs.
There are better options than those presented by Dr. Dennis Gross, and one of them is the Nezeni Cosmetics anti-aging cream.
It may not contain as many beneficial active ingredients, but the ones it does have are highly concerted, and directly address the problem, or for less help to improve it significantly. In addition, they do not include fragrances or any other ingredient that can irritate or damage the skin, and their level of preservatives is really low.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.