When the ends of the hair are split and dry, the best treatment is known to be cutting the split ends . But if you do not want to reduce the length of your hair at all, there are several tricks to recover the vitality of the ends.
Mixed hair with split ends
The main characteristics of mixed hair are oily roots and dry ends . Remember that dry hair can be caused by several factors , such as long hair length (since the protein cannot reach the tip), use of inappropriate shampoos, lack of protection against the sun and sun exposure, dyes or chemical treatments .
Now, if your hair has these characteristics, the solution (or prevention) is quick and easy. The main thing is that you use shampoos for oily hair, in order to deal with excess oil on the scalp, or specific for oily roots and dry ends. The use of conditioners or moisturizing creams should be done only on the ends.
Those who suffer from the problem of dry ends can use silicones, serums and tip repairers , but the effect lasts only a few hours and the problem is not solved. Therefore, it is best to do a hydration treatment, consisting of an oil bath .
The procedure is ideal for dry hair because it replenishes the hair’s moisture, hydrates, reduces volume and ensures shine, softness and balance to the hair. It should be done only on the ends that are quite dry. This must be done with pure vegetable oil .
How to hydrate the hair?
- Heat the vegetable oil a little.
- Apply only to dry ends and massage.
- Put aluminum foil on the tips and leave for an hour.
- Wash your hair normally.
Repeat the procedure once a week until you notice hair recovery.
What vegetable oils can be used?
It is a natural antioxidant and very rich in vitamin E , which also contains Omega 6 and 9 , as well as being a natural compound essential for healing and irritation of the scalp. It has an incredible power of hydration. More information: Argan oil: Benefits for hair and skin
It is a natural antioxidant, which has emollient properties that give hair shine and hydration . More information: Olive Oil in Health and Beauty: Benefits, contraindications, comparisons and types
Proteins, dietary fiber and fatty acids are present in the composition of flaxseed. Flaxseed is the richest source of Omega 3 in nature. It gives hair hydration, a beautiful shine and also helps in the fight against frizz . Learn about the power of flaxseed oil here.
You may also be interested in knowing how to eliminate frizz .
It has an emollient and nourishing action for the hair and protects it against free radicals and external climatic factors of our country. This oil is simply wonderful! More information on coconut oil.
Almond oil adds shine and softness to damaged , burned, or brittle hair . It has an emollient and moisturizing function. More information on almond oil for skin and hair.
It is emollient, moisturizing and anti-aging. Obtained from Macadamia nuts, it is the highest vegetable source of palmitoleic acid (25%), and is rich in oleic acid. It is easily absorbed through the hair, keeping in moisture.
It is an oil rich in vitamin A and with a high content of vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant that inhibits the formation of free radicals , helping to reduce the signs of aging and ensuring deep hydration and nutrition to the hair. More on avocado oil.
Grape seed oil
It is considered a natural remedy to make hair grow faster , since vitamin E acts to strengthen it and makes it shinier and less brittle. Its non-greasy texture allows rapid absorption. Therefore, grapeseed oil can be applied to any type of hair.
You can use these oils for hair care as natural or specific products. Several products from companies on the market contain some of these types of oils .
Tips to prevent dryness
If your hair is not dry yet , you can take some precautions to prevent this from happening:
- Cut the ends every 3 months .
- Avoid constant use of the iron .
- Get hydrations at least every 15 days, here you can see the information to know how to have good hair hydration .
- When you expose yourself to the sun, protect your hair with sunscreen without rinsing, did you know that there are sunscreens for hair ?
- Silicone oils and tip repairers help a lot, but they are only used on the tips. Ideally, women should carry a small bottle in their suitcase, as these finishing products also help control hair and keep it healthy, even for a few hours.
Repair products, silicones and split end sealants
- Garnier Fructis – SOS Repair Goodbye Damage – Anti-Split Ends Serum – 50 ml
- Marrakesh Hair Care Split End Repair – 118 ml
- Schwarzkopf Gliss – End treatment – with liquid keratin for very damaged hair – 50 ml
- L’Oréal Professionnel Expert – Expert Sealinf repair lipidium – Double serum for sealing split ends in very damaged hair – 30 ml
- Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Repair Rescue Serum for Open Ends – 150 ml
- Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection – Split End Repair, Advanced Keratin Repair, 100 ml
- Art Naturals Thermal Hair Protector 236 ml. The Best Protective Spray Against The Heat Of The Iron. Contains 100% Organic Argan Oil That Prevents Damages, Fractures And Open Ends. Made in the USA. Sulfate free.
- Herbal Professional Care Total Repair Mask – 500 ml
- Azalea Azalea Repair Open Ends – Hair Care, 75 ml
- BC Bonacure – Repair Rescue – Treatment for split ends – 75 ml
- Joico K-Pak Split End Mender Split End Repair – 100 ml
Check if you want here all the products in amazon that you can use to repair split ends in the following link .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.