Healthy lifestyle habits like eating healthier, drinking more water, sleeping 8 hours, and doing regular exercise are sometimes not enough to delay the sagging of the skin on our body.
And while you don’t have to be in perfect shape to put on a bikini or dress the way you like, for those who like to arrive toned for the summer season, there is a quick and easy solution: a firming cream.
We are not going to lie to you, no topical product can make you lose weight, but if sagging and loss of tone are your biggest problems, these creams can help you tighten the skin and achieve a lifting effect that makes you look better over time.
The ideal is to combine them with diet and exercise, but if what you need is a quick firming solution, we have prepared the best options.
All the products on our list have been shown to be effective in some way, be it tightening and firming or giving an overall feeling of improved elasticity and hydration of the skin.
And we know this because we have carried out an exhaustive analysis of its ingredients , which are the only ones that can tell us if the cream is effective or not.
In this post you will find the detailed analysis of the two best options. In order not to overwhelm you too much, the rest are analyzed separately, but you have a link to access them.
And if there is an ingredient that we have already explained in another product, so as not to repeat it a hundred times, we leave you the link.
To make it a complete article, we give you our opinion of each of the products, and below you have all the information you need to choose wisely a firming cream on your own.
And with everything explained, let’s get started!
Akento Cosmetics Anti-Stretch Mark Cream
Buy on Amazon or on the cheapest laboratory website
We have chosen Akento anti-stretch mark cream as the best option to firm your skin for several reasons. The main one, we love its ingredients.
All are natural, of quality and are in a high concentration, something that we will not always find in all cosmetics.
This is your INCI:
We like to have all the ingredients explained one by one, but this time we are not going to analyze them because you already have them explained in this article , in which we recommended the cream as the best anti-stretch mark for the same reason.
The presence of various emollients ensures long-lasting hydration , but the cream is not limited to that. Hydroxyprolisilane N (Methylsilanol Hydroxyproline Aspartate) is one of the best compounds for firming the skin and increasing elasticity.
It is a mixture of a derivative of organic silicon , an essential compound for the skin that handles collagen, elastin and proteoglycan fibers, and hydroxyproline , which is an amino acid that regenerates, strengthens and organizes collagen.
All this promotes a high elasticity for our skin .
And we must add the antioxidant benefits of vitamin E, and the multiple regenerating and healing benefits of dragon blood (Croton Lechleri extract).
This powerful formula firms the skin, increases elasticity and tightens the tissues using only natural ingredients. You will not see any irritants or other harmful ingredients for your skin.
And most interesting of all, its level of preservatives is really low , achieving what other brands cannot or want, preventing the cocktail effect of cosmetics with the accumulation of low harmful amounts that are imperceptible, until they become more numerous.
You can check this by its expiration date, 2 years even with the product closed .
The texture and aroma could not be more pleasant , and it is absorbed in a pastry. They have it all, even their packaging is perfect to keep the assets in perfect condition throughout their useful life.
In short, we love its results and we recommend it.
NUXE Body Firming Flux Cream
Firm your skin with Nuxe Body Firming Cream, a surge of creaminess to tone and streamline your body.
The product offers a double firming action: the lifting effect (immediate action) and the firming effect (over time) that reinforces the skin’s mesh structure to reveal radiant and toned skin.
The added almond and orange blossom petals keep skin soft and supple, with added antioxidant power to detoxify it.
Jasmine flower extract and vitamin E protect against premature loss of skin firmness.
In total it contains 85% of ingredients of natural origin without parabens.
We are going to analyze the INCI to see what it has to offer.
- Coco-Caprylate / Caprate : Analyzed in the Caudalie Premier Cru eye contour .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Glycol Palmitate : Analyzed in Bioderma Sensibio Light cream .
- Diethylhexyl Carbonate : Analyzed in 9.60 Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Tested in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polymethyl Methacrylate : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive Concentré Zone Regard eye contour .
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil : Analyzed in Filorga’s ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Stearyl Heptanoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Exfoliating Cleanser .
- Parfum / Fragrance .
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Capryloyl Glycine : Tested in Lancome Age Fight Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Stearyl Caprylate : Skin conditioning and occlusive agent.
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Dimethiconol : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dehydroacetic Acid : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tetrasodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Disodium Edta.
- Maltodextrin : Tested in Lancaster’s Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Pentylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Secale Cereale (Rye) Seed Extract : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer Serum .
- 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid : Analyzed in A-Derma’s Exomega Control emollient cream .
- Sebacic Acid : It is used mainly as a pH corrector. Sebacic acid is also widely used as a synthetic intermediate to produce sebacic esters such as DIPS or DIS (diisopropyl sebacate), DOS (diethylhexyl sebacate), DES (diethylhexyl sebacate) and Oleris® DBS (dibutyl sebacate).
These sebacates are used as: emollient, solvent, plasticizer, masking agent (reducing or inhibiting the basic odor of the product), film former, hair or skin conditioner. Generally, sebacate esters are claimed to allow good penetration, giving a non-greasy, silky skin feel. These esters are also recognized as a good pigment dispersant (DOS), a good sun protection factor (SPF) enhancer (DIPS blend) and prevent bleaching in antiperspirants (DIPS).
- Polysorbate 60 : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Sorbitan Isostearate : Analyzed in Caudalie’s Premier Cru Serum .
- 1,10-Decanediol : Together with Butylene Glycol, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid and Sebacic Acid form the compound AC Royal Jelly Extract that mimics natural royal jelly. As we age, our skin’s cell regeneration and collagen production begin to decline. Royal Jelly Extract was designed to compensate for this process by promoting natural collagen production and hydration to protect our skin. This process can prevent our skin from becoming thinner and, as a result, maintain flexibility to counteract the development of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stryphnodendron Adstringens Bark Extract : BIOEXTRACT BARBATIMÃO HG is extracted from the bark of the Stryphnodendron Adstringens (barbatimao) tree, which contains flavonoids, anthocyanins, tannins, alkaloids, starch, mucilage and pigments. It offers astringent, tonic, antiseptic, antioxidant and healing properties.
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract: Kigelia Africana is a large tree native to Africa that bears sausage-like fruits, hence the nickname “sausage tree.” It is a traditional medicinal plant used to cure almost everything: it is used for its anti-cancer, antiulcerigenic, anti-aging, antioxidant and antimalarial properties. Modern scientific studies confirm many of its therapeutic properties. It contains a lot of active phytochemicals (for example, fatty acids, coumarins, caffeic acid, sterols and flavonoids) that give the fruit extract anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties. According to the manufacturer’s information, it also has great firming properties and can be used to tone and firm the bust and to improve the firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract : Orange blossom extract, with soothing and skin conditioning properties.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Flower Extract : Extract of almond blossoms, which acts as a humectant, retaining water on the surface of the epidermis to delay dehydration and preserve flexibility.
Nuxe relies on emollient ingredients to start its cream, which will give the skin the hydration and lubrication it needs.
The emollient effects are complemented by the nutrition provided by sunflower oil and almond oil. With an antioxidant contribution of vitamin E, the dermis is protected to win the battle against free radicals.
Although to be honest you have to go down a lot on the list to begin to see the assets that are really firming, such as rye extract, which has a tightening effect by stimulating mechanical cellular functions.
Or fruit and bark extracts, which promote collagen synthesis, increasing the firmness of the skin.
It is a good product, as it does not include parabens or irritants, although its firming effect is not as visible as the Nezeni option.
For best results, spread it over the entire body after bathing or showering, paying special attention to areas of interest, such as the thighs and stomach.
The formula is very melting, and absorbs quickly.
The only thing we don’t like is the packaging, another jar with a lid. To take the product you have to put your fingers, which ends up contaminating the rest of the cream, and exposes it to light and oxygen, which end up affecting the functionality of the cream.
Super Fit Arm Sculpt by Rodial
A specifically firming upper arm cream that focuses on enhancing texture and sculpting contour. For this, it uses two firming complexes that reduce fat cells, increase collagen and improve tissue.
It also hydrates and has a mild antioxidant effect. Thanks to the natural alpha hydroxy acids it contains, it regenerates the skin by exfoliating dead cells.
We would like the assets to be more concentrated, and it doesn’t help that this cream is only for the arm area, especially considering the price it has.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Rodial Super Fit Arm Sculpt Arm Firming, Analysis and Alternative .
APIVITA Rose Pepper Firming and Reshaping Body Cream
This firming and remodeling uses the power of pink pepper, artichoke, and caffeine to increase elasticity, reduce fat cells, and increase circulation to the area.
It also hydrates, soothes, protects from free radicals, detoxifies, and prevents inflation. It has a great aroma and a lot of good things.
But all this is clouded by the presence of some irritants and especially a preservative that, according to research, is the cause of cell mutation. And I would not like to apply anything that endangers my health.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Apivita Rose Pepper Firming and Remodeling Body Cream, Analysis and Alternative .
Nutri-modeling daily nutrient-reducing balm by Filorga
This nutritive-reducing balm is more nutritious than reducing, since the concentration of reducing and firming elements leaves much to be desired. Shea butter, babassu oil and caffeine have all the power of the cream, as they are the highest.
And while caffeine is a good ingredient to improve skin circulation, and butter and oil are very nourishing and replenishing, it is not enough to reduce sagging. Your skin will be very soft and hydrated, but little else.
In addition to this, there is something we do not like about this cream, and that is that there are certain ingredients that can be harmful to the skin, especially if it is used every day for a long period of time, as the brand advises .
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Filorga Nutri-modeling Nutri-reducer Balm, Analysis and Alternative .
Biotherm Skin Fitness Firming Body Emulsion
This emulsion is perfect for hydrating and energizing the skin of the most active women, as it contains a good part of moisturizers and moisturizers. However, aside from making your skin supple and hydrating, it won’t do much for your sagging skin.
It does not have the functional ingredients for it, so forget about tightening and firming. It does not have irritating ingredients, but it does contain a derivative of camphor, which can cause skin sensitivity with continued use.
It can help you with maintenance if your skin has optimal tone, but it doesn’t work miracles. Don’t expect a very big change.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Biotherm Skin Fitness Firming Body Emulsion, Analysis and Alternative .
Woman Isdin Firming Cream
A firming treatment that has several firming actives, including Hydroxyprolysilane CN, a mixture of sinalol and amino acid that prevents loss of elasticity by rebuilding collagen and elastin fibers.
It also has antioxidants and rosehip oil, a great regenerant that protects the skin. It has other assets, but they are in low concentrations. Leaves skin very soft and firmed.
What we liked least about this product is that it includes some undesirable compounds, with possible damage from neurotoxicity and mutation, something we do not want in a cosmetic. We would not recommend it for this reason.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Woman Isdin Firming Cream, Analysis and Alternative .
Talika Back Up 3D Glute Tightening Serum
A serum that claims to exert a push-up effect on the buttocks, lifting and sculpting them without having to step into the gym, sounds great, but it doesn’t quite work.
It has good tightening ingredients, but many are in low concentrations. It can help redefine if you combine it with gym and diet, and it will leave your skin soft and hydrated, more receptive to your efforts, but it is not a panacea.
On the other hand, the serum brings very little amount and the area is wide, so it will be over in no time. Its price is somewhat high, so seeing results will be expensive.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Back Up 3D Gluteal Tensor Serum by Talika; Analysis and Alternative .
Organic Shop Caramel Cappuccino Firming Body Cream
More than a firming body cream, it is a nourishing and moisturizing cream to replenish the skin. And we say this because it doesn’t have any ingredients that can fight sagging or firm.
The formula is based on shea butter, cocoa butter and green coffee oil, which protect the skin from oxidation, reduce inflammation and nourish the skin, but nothing more.
It is normal that it does not have any interesting asset to tension, because its price is very low. In this case, they have chosen to give the cream a good smell and texture, but without effective active ingredients.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Caramel Cappuccino Firming Body Cream from Organic Shop, Analysis and Alternative .
Silhouette Xpert Firming Cream by Sensilis
A firming cream that uses natural ingredients such as seaweed, rose chestnut or carrot extract to keep the skin as elastic and firm as possible.
It combines ingredients that increase collagen synthesis with antioxidants and nourishing agents, resulting in a good cream that is much more than a body firming.
It only fails that it has an irritant and a good amount of preservatives, something that can be harmful in the long term to our skin and health.
You can enter the complete technical analysis in the following article: Silhouette Xpert Firming Cream from Sensilis, Analysis and Alternative .
Everything you need to know about skin firmness
Have you ever wondered why baby skin is often said to be the pinnacle of beautiful skin? Well, when we are born, our skin is more flexible, firmer and smoother thanks to the high levels of collagen it contains.
Firmness is also one of the most important aspects of healthy, beautiful skin. When it is firm, it is taut and elastic, and returns to its place after stretching and pulling.
However, with age, firmness is the first thing that declines.
What are the factors that determine the firmness of the skin?
Firmness is determined by two key structural proteins: collagen and elastin.
- Collagen Collagen makes up about 30% of all protein content in the body. When the skin is full of collagen, it is supple and firm. We reach the highest levels of collagen in our 20s, which decrease with age.
- Elastin . Found in the middle layers of the skin, elastin is a fiber protein with the real property of being elastic. Like an elastic band, it allows the skin to stretch and contract back to its original shape. It also gives you flexibility.
What Causes Sagging?
There are five main causes of sagging, all of which affect collagen and elastin.
Unfortunately, a part of the natural aging process is the breakdown of collagen in the skin. From the age of 20, we begin to produce less collagen each year.
At the same time, it becomes less flexible as the elastin fibers degrade. As a result, the skin loses its elasticity, becoming more saggy and saggy.
Never skip the SPF! 80% of skin aging is mainly due to prolonged exposure to UV rays, in particular UVA rays which accelerate the breakdown of collagen and elastin.
UV radiation also triggers the formation of free radicals – annoying small molecules that not only damage skin cells but can also cause cancer.
When there is excess sugar in the bloodstream, it can react with proteins to create advanced glycation end products (aptly called AGEs).
Collagen and elastin are very susceptible to glycation. The process makes them rigid and inflexible by wreaking havoc on the skin’s structure. The in vitro test implies that it can even inhibit the production of new collagen and elastin.
The human body is more than 60% water, so hydrated skin always looks healthier and fuller.
As the largest organ, the skin is made up of countless cells, all of which work much better when hydrated and happy, so be sure to drink all 8 glasses a day!
Tips to prevent loss of firmness
Although the loss of firmness is part of the natural aging process, there are some ways to prevent it.
In addition to staying protected from the sun at any time, even indoors, drinking 8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated and sleeping 8 hours each night to allow the recovery process of your skin to complete, the best way to prevent sagging is by using a firming cream.
Firming Body Cream will help stimulate collagen and elastin production to keep skin firm and taut.
The real firming ingredients
Most commonly, the products have a blend of various functional actives that work synergistically to reduce the appearance of sagging, sagging skin, and wrinkles.
Some of the products use active ingredients that plump up the inner layers of the skin to make it appear firmer, while others strive to tighten the outer layer of the skin for an immediate effect.
Most strive to stimulate collagen production, which is a key component of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
The active ingredients, however, are what really do the job of firming. These are some of the most used:
Peptides are pieces of protein molecules that, when combined with glycerin, lead to increased collagen production .
Many forms of peptides are popular in firming creams, and for good reason. Hexapeptides act as muscle relaxants, while pentapeptides and oligopeptides stimulate fibroblast cells, responsible for collagen production.
Keratin is a mixture of protein peptides. Neuropeptides are an even more effective option, but much more expensive to produce than pentapeptides; therefore, they are found in high-quality creams.
Retinoids (chemical compounds derived from vitamin A) are considered by many experts as the most effective treatment, thanks to scientific studies.
Retinoids allow new skin cells to rise to the surface more quickly , slow down the breakdown of collagen and the signs of cellular aging, as well as thicken the deeper layer of the skin.
To understand how retinol works, think of your skin as a mattress that sags over time. Retinol works to make the mattress firm again, helping the connective tissues to criss-cross and become denser.
Emollients or moisturizers
Emollients trap moisture from the skin while moisturizers draw water from the skin’s surface. Exemplary ingredients include oils, silicones, and waxes.
These ingredients are ideal for sagging and sagging skin because they help plump up the skin with moisture .
Alpha Hydroxide Acids
Alpha hydroxy acids are a wide range of natural acids, including citric acid, lactic acid, and glycolic acid.
They are generally used to help exfoliate dead skin. Additionally, they can help stimulate the skin’s natural elastin and collagen production to help firm it.
Nothing plumps and firms skin like hyaluronic acid. Acid can hold up to a thousand times more water than its total weight, making it extremely effective at firming by infusing skin cells with water .
Antioxidants help defend the skin against attacks from the environment, generating a natural protective shield.
Over time, they prevent the breakdown of collagen , which helps skin stay firm and youthful. It also protects sebum and barrier lipids to increase the skin’s resistance to oxidative stress.
Green tea, Coenzyme Q10, vitamins E and C are good examples, but there are many other great antioxidants that can help.
It is a short-term firming, a more recent technology that, once applied to the skin, stretches in different directions and, in a short period of time (five to eight minutes), firms and tightens the skin for a few few hours .
The downside to polymers is that the texture is often sticky.
Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology – Update on Tissue Tightening
Paulaschoice – The truth about firming creams
Health.com – People Everywhere Are Drinking Collagen — Here’s Why
Articles related to Dermocosmetics
- 17 Best and Effective Anti-Wrinkle / Anti-Aging Creams
- 10 Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams Recommended by Dermatologists
- 18 Best Creams and Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
- 20 Best Eye Contours
- 10 best facial and anti-aging serums
- 10 Best Serums with Vitamin C
- 10 Best Face Creams
- 10 Best Moisturizing Creams on the Market
- 10 Best Facial Toners on the market
- 10 Best Stretch Mark Creams
- 10 Best Creams with Collagen
- 10 Best Creams with Retinoic Acid
- 10 Best Foot Creams for Heels and Elbows
- Analysis of Lidl Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Aging Creams
- 10 Best Anti-Cellulite Creams
- 10 Best Eye Contours for Men
- 10 best facial and anti-aging serums for men
- Analysis 21 Best Real Anti-wrinkle and Anti-aging Men
- 10 Best Vitamin C Serums for Men
- 10 Best Face Creams for Men
- 10 Best Moisturizers for Men
- 10 Best Facial Toners for Men
- 10 best facial cleansers for men
For Eyelashes, Eyebrows and Hair
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.