Hydration based on fresh fruit and vegetable juices offers our body a large amount of the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes it needs.
Juice helps our body assimilate the valuable nutrients found in food . The enzymes found in vegetables, fruits and vegetables are organic catalysts that increase the rate of absorption of food in the body. However, these enzymes are destroyed when food is cooked. That is why a part of your diet should consist of fresh and raw food. The quick and easy digestion of these foods, made possible by enzymes, will give you more energy and health .
Benefits of Fruit Juices
Regardless of the drink recipe, fruits, vegetables and greens contain water, an essential liquid to maintain the vital functions of the body, as part of all metabolic processes.
By introducing natural juices into your daily diet, you will notice improvements in your health. Among the benefits of fruit juices we find:
- Improve physical and cardiovascular performance .
- Lower blood pressure
- Provide better quality sleep , more energy and less stress .
- Control body temperature.
- Transport the fibers to stimulate the work of the intestine.
- Help in the functioning of the kidneys and digestion.
- Promote a more beautiful and exuberant skin , since they help to eliminate toxins that accumulate in the body.
- Improve the immune system.
- Orange juice increases the amount of different beneficial substances in the body, thus helping to protect against vascular diseases.
- Pineapple juice is a rich source of minerals, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium , sodium, sulfur, iron, and calcium .
- They are rich in vitamins A , group B and C that greatly help digestion.
- Lemon juice is a great facilitator for the release of toxins from the body. Its high citric content has a function of “detergent” in our stomach.
- The apple juice is famous for having a power of rejuvenation , besides being a source of pectin, which helps eliminate toxins from the body.
Always opt for the natural ones, made from the fruit itself . Second, go for fruit paste (which is nothing more than frozen packaged fruit). Concentrated juices can also be used from time to time, especially on those busy days when you really don’t have time to prepare a natural fruit one.
Check the ingredients on the packaging as there are brands that have fewer additives.
It is important that you drink the juices immediately after preparing them to avoid the loss of nutrients and vitamins.
Despite the fact that they contain vitamins, minerals and enzymes, be careful with the amount: it is not recommended more than one glass a day.
Fruit juices and weight loss
You have to be careful with the sugar naturally contained in fruit, fructose . Fructose is rapidly metabolized to glucose form, which often promotes fat storage, particularly in the abdominal region.
Drinking fruit juices in the morning is a habit considered by many to be healthy, but it can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes due to the amount of sugar. After all, juice typically contains more fruit than we could consume in its natural state (a juice can contain 6 oranges and it is more difficult for you to eat those 6 whole oranges)
On the other hand, when making a juice, the fiber of the fruit is separated from its fluids. This causes sugar to be absorbed much faster , increasing glucose and insulin levels in the blood. So for people who are diabetic or overweight, it is best to avoid abuse.
This is why juices – despite being a very healthy option – should be taken with caution, especially if you want to burn fat or suffer from diabetes.
How to prepare fruit juices?
Water, ice, fruit and depending on the flavor, a sweetener in drops and voila! Avoid adding large amounts of sugar, which in addition to masking the true flavor of the fruit, greatly increases the calories in the juice.
Prepare the juice just when you are going to drink it to guarantee the nutrients. The water-soluble vitamins (C and group B ) in the fruit are oxidized in the air, so the juice must be prepared when you are going to drink it, not long before.
You can add coconut milk , herbs like rosemary, mint, and basil, and vegetables like carrots , beets, cucumber , kale, and green leaves (watercress, spinach, etc.) to your juice . Combine different fruits and sweeten with honey, brown sugar, or sweetener.
And you, generally, do you consume fruit juices?
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.