It may seem like a joke to those struggling to lose weight but for some people it is more difficult to gain it massively. In general, those who are very thin have a very fast metabolism and everything they eat ends up being burned more quickly. Therefore, gaining weight can be considered quite a difficult task.
The causes of excessive thinness
The genetic factor is very important . There are people who come from families with small complexions, thinner bones and a predisposition to accumulate little fat, but be careful: it is not always about genes, so research is necessary.
Before attempting to gain weight “by force”, it should be ruled out that excessive thinness is linked to any disease or medical condition . Thyroid disease, diabetes, and eating disorders are some of the problems that only your doctor can diagnose and should always be addressed as a priority. After all, in these cases, getting fat would only be attacking a consequence and not the cause of the problem.
Some of the common reasons why people can be smaller and thinner
- Inadequate eating habits
- Very long time intervals between meals
- Poor food selection
- Energy deficit (high amount of physical activity compared to food intake)
- Poor absorption of nutrients due to prolonged illness
- Diseases such as tuberculosis
- Hormonal imbalances (hyperthyroidism)
- Eating disorders (such as anorexia or bulimia)
Do you really want to get fat?
Although the dream is to have wider hips and thick thighs, the truth is that slim girls should think twice before resorting to a high-calorie diet. First, for health reasons, excess fat is of no benefit to anyone . There is no problem associated with the thinness itself (if other medical conditions are not present, as mentioned before).
If the person is slim and healthy, there is little point in gaining weight, as gaining weight can lead to health problems. You must make the decision with your doctor to see if it is worth it . For example, in cases of family history with diabetes, dyslipidemia or cardiovascular diseases, weight gain is not recommended.
How to gain weight in a healthy way?
First of all, you need to find an expert to help you gain weight in a healthy way. The professional will tell you a diet with which you should probably eat high-calorie foods more times a day. It is important to remember that it is about consuming healthy fats, not fried foods, sweets and other things that “just make you fat” but do not properly nourish the body.
For those who want to gain weight without increasing the belly, the secret is to increase muscle mass . For this you should practice exercises such as weight training (anaerobic) and follow a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and proteins such as meat and dairy products, always avoiding processed and refined products.
Foods that can help
- Drinks: protein shakes, juices or whole milk.
- Breads: Wholegrain rye or oat bran breads are more nutritious than whites. Cut thick slices and generously apply spreadable cheese, butter, jam, honey or pate.
- Vegetables: That are rich in starch, such as potatoes, peas, beans, carrots, pumpkin and beets.
- Fruits : Dense fruits (bananas, pears, apples, pineapple, or dried fruits).
- Soups : Opt for healthy creams or purees instead of broth-based soups. If you have inflammation problems or high blood pressure, you may prefer to avoid store-bought soups, because they contain excess sodium.
- Oils : When you are cooking, add a generous amount of oil to the food. The healthiest are unrefined, such as olive, coconut, palm or butter. Less healthy, but still acceptable, are those that are rich in omega-6 fatty acids, such as sunflower and peanut oil.
Adding more protein
The lack of protein in the diet can lead to loss of muscle mass despite being consuming excess calories. Here are some protein – rich foods that should be considered: egg, butter, nuts, beef, chicken, tuna, cheese, yogurt and the supplementation of protein shakes.
Weight training will not only increase your body mass , it will also stimulate your appetite . Keep these points in mind before you begin:
- Gaining muscle will speed up your metabolism so you will have to consume even more calories to maintain or gain weight.
- During the first month of weight training you can experience considerable increases in body mass if you stick to the routine. However, this stabilizes shortly after this initial period.
- Lift more weight to maximize muscle . To increase muscle mass, you will need to focus more on difficulty than number of repetitions.
Tips on a weight training
- Drink lots of water . Hydration is very important for your body, especially when it is undergoing changes.
- Not working the same muscle group on consecutive days. Your muscles grow when they rest , so letting them rest is essential.
- Always make every effort to eat healthy form e . Even for those who want to gain weight, it is important to be careful what you eat.
- Have a basic understanding of the number of calories you consume per day and know approximately how many are burned during exercise.
- Eat more protein foods to help rebuild muscles.
Beware of fake skinny ones!
Often people, even with good intentions, will tell you to eat cakes and other sugar-rich desserts in order to help you gain weight. While this strategy typically works perfectly for some, for others it can only lead to the development of visceral fat – the creation of the famous “fake skinny.”
This is essentially a person who appears thin but has accumulated fat in the wrong places, such as around vital organs (“internal fat”). Also, foods with excess sugar deplete your body of any other nutrients that you might be getting from other foods.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.