Do you think Aloe Vera is only used to treat sunburn? You’re wrong. This plant is a natural and innocuous alternative to take care of your skin throughout the year.
Its moisturizing, antibacterial and soothing properties , along with the large amount of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants it has, make it ideal for treating many skin problems, of whatever type.
With hundreds of nutrients, it is an ideal ingredient for cosmetics, both for the face and for the body and hair.
But although there are many aloe vera creams on the market , not all have the right ingredients, or have very little concentration of aloe vera, or include many preservatives and other irritating chemical ingredients.
And they usually cost a lot more than making your own homemade aloe vera cream. Yes, the reality is that our skin is the largest detoxification organ we have, and what we put on our skin is absorbed by our body, and affects the health and integrity of our skin.
That’s why it’s incredibly helpful to have moisturizers on hand that use natural and nourishing ingredients, like this aloe vera facial moisturizer.
This cream is used for the care of all skin types. It contains only 4 ingredients: aloe vera gel, coconut oil, jojoba oil and beeswax, and if you want you can add a few drops of essential oil to give it a subtle aroma.
The addition of coconut oil is a success, as it significantly improves the dryness of the skin, and makes it better compared to other oils due to its antibacterial and emollient effects.
In addition to increasing skin hydration and lipid barrier function, and reduces infections thanks to its antibiotic properties. It enhances the creation of collagen and increases the activity of antioxidant enzymes.
This emollient effect of coconut oil is combined with the beneficial properties of jojoba oil , one of the oils most related to the skin. Softens the skin and prevents transepidermal water loss.
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 5-8 drops of essential oil like lavender or geranium (optional)
- Start by heating the coconut oil along with the beeswax and jojoba oil in a water bath, stirring occasionally so that the ingredients do not burn and melt evenly.
- Once it’s all liquid, pour the mixture into the glass of a blender and let it cool completely (about 1 to 1.5 hours). Once the mixture has cooled, take a spatula and stir the ingredients to loosen the contents.
- Start grinding everything on low speed while slowly adding the aloe vera gel, stopping it from time to time to allow the contents to mix well.
- If the contents get “stuck” in the mixer, stir with the spatula. You can also whip the mixture by hand until it forms a cream with a light and fluffy texture.
- With everything mixed, add 5-8 drops of essential oil. Mix again and transfer the cream to an airtight jar or container. It absorbs very quickly and leaves no sticky residue.
Keep a small amount in a jar in the bathroom, and keep the rest in the refrigerator for a longer shelf life. The cream lasts 3-4 months, so be sure to make the right amount.
It is very important to let the mixture cool completely in the mixer before adding the aloe vera gel. Make sure the glass is glass and not plastic, or it will warp.
You can get the aloe vera gel yourself from the plant, or buy it already made.
Although it is completely natural, and it is very rare that it produces any side effect; it is best that you test it on a small area of skin that is not visible, before regular use.
How to use this homemade cream with aloe vera
It is especially suitable for use on the face, for the treatment of dry skin, small inflammations, and irritated skin in general. So all you have to do is apply it to clean skin every day.
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, I recommend that you put a few drops of tea tree oil.
But in addition to the face, it can also be used on other parts of the body. It is really good for taking care of your dry and cracked heels. Apply it directly at night, and put some socks on top. In the morning the cracks will be gone and the skin will be really smooth.
It is also very useful after waxing and shaving in men, as it is very soothing.
What I do not recommend is to use this hair cream, as it will be too greasy. You better go for these other recipes for hair and body .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.