This product is much more than just a moisturizer. It is a facial treatment that combines broad spectrum sunscreens, moisturizing agents and a cocktail of antioxidants, in a single product.
So if you are one of those who are lazy to take a lot of potions, this cream may be your solution. Provides long-lasting hydration, visibly improves the overall appearance of the skin, while antioxidants and SPF 20 protection help protect skin from free radicals and signs of aging.
Is it as good as it is painted? Let’s see it by looking at the INCI. And if you are curious to see what ingredients your favorite creams have, I recommend that you read the article Best Moisturizing Creams for Men .
Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20 Review
- Avobenzone 2.2% : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Octinoxate 7.5% : Analyzed in Mercadona’s 960 Anti-aging wrinkle cream as Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate.
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Analyzed in L’oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate : It is an emollient used in skin care products, which is most often found in sunscreens due to its potential properties to increase SPF, although no scientific data has been found to document an explanation for this effect. . According to a patent filed by L’Oreal, octyldodecyl neopentanoate is an acidic ester that “is an excellent agent for compatibilizing silicon-containing compounds with each other and / or silicon-containing compounds with hydrocarbon compounds.” Allows compositions with an oily texture on application to be less slippery. Finally, it has been found that octyldodecyl neopentanate has remarkable dispersing properties with respect to powders and makes it possible to obtain a homogeneous dispersion.
- Phenethyl Benzoate : It is a patented polar ester with high solubilizing capacity for Oxybenzone and Avobenzone. You can also increase the wavelength and UVA / UVB ratio of Avobenzone. 2-Phenylethyl Alcohol Benzoic Acid Ester is a colorless to light yellow liquid with a slight rose odor. It is internationally approved for a wide range of personal care applications as a diluent, solvent, and liquid carrier, as well as an emollient additive.
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glycereth-26 : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer Serum .
- Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate : It is a naturally occurring sugar that is used in cosmetics and beauty products due to its ability to serve as a surfactant and emulsifier. Stabilizes emulsions at any temperature, gives formulas immediate viscosity, reduces greasiness in products, and provides a thick, smooth feel. It is often seen in hair products because it is gentle on the hair and gives it a velvety soft feel. There are no adverse safety warnings, as long as it is used in concentrations between 3 and 10%.
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract : Analyzed in Bioderma Hydrabio moisturizer .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate : Analyzed in Cien Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Melissa Officinalis Extract: Melissa extract has long been known for its use in treating various skin conditions, particularly the herpes virus. For that reason, it is sometimes used in cold sore creams. However, its uses in skin care go beyond the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action of the plant. Melissa is classified as soothing, healing, and skin tightening, while stimulating circulation. It is believed to be great for acne and sunburned skin. The greatest advantage of the application of lemon balm extract in skin care is the ability of two of its compounds, caffeic acid and ferulic acid, to penetrate through the upper layers, into the deeper skin layers, and provide protection against UV radiation-induced skin damage. It is also high in flavonoids, which have an antioxidant effect; and in tannins, which are astringent and contribute to antiviral effects.
- Haslea Ostrearia Extract : Extract derived from an aquatic plant also known as blue algae. It has long been known to produce a water-soluble blue pigment, marenin. This pigment has different biological activities: allelopathic, antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral and growth inhibitor.
- Palmaria Palmata Extract : Tested in Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP + R Serum .
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Leontopodium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Extract : Snow flower extract (or edelweiss), a powerful antioxidant with twice the free radical scavenging power of vitamin C. It is one of the best natural anti-aging ingredients on the market. Provides beneficial hydration to treat skin and give it a more youthful appearance. Increases the volume of the skin and allows the surface to develop resistance to dryness. For dry skin, the extract acts as a moisturizer, and also has a balancing effect on oily skin. Few products can boast that they fight dry, flaky skin and overly oily complexion at the same time, but Edelweiss extract can and does.
- Retinyl Palmitate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’oréal Men Expert .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil : Analyzed in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Peucedanum Ostruthium Leaf Extract : Extract from the leaves of imperatoria, native to the Swiss Alps, the plant protects itself from harsh natural conditions by producing flavonoids and phenolic acid, which are also incredibly beneficial in helping to soothe and protect the skin. There is even evidence that plant components stimulate cell regeneration and restore cell function, as well as helping to repair stressed skin and relief skin irritation.
- Buddleja Davidii Leaf Extract : Extract from the leaves of the plant known as the butterfly bush (because the flowers are a source of food for butterflies), with powerful antioxidant properties and also soothing the skin. They have been used in traditional medicine to heal wounds and reduce inflammation. It is also clinically proven to protect against UVA damage, promote detoxification, prevent collagen breakdown, and support the skin’s natural antioxidant defenses.
- Artemisia Umbelliformis Extract : Alpine wormwood extract, with antioxidant properties.
Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20 Review Summary
Sunscreen is the most active ingredient in the formula, and although it is a chemical sunscreen, it is not one of the worst I’ve seen.
Of the rest, I only have two drawbacks, the first is that I have found a toxic preservative at the top of the list, something that I do not like at all; plus a couple of irritants a little further down.
And the second is that there are very good ingredients, but most are in low concentrations, when they could be more present. This is the case with botanical active ingredients or hyaluronic acid.
It is not a bad product, but it could be better by removing the harmful ingredients and increasing the proportion of the good hydrating actives and antioxidants.
A similar option in terms of benefits is Nezeni Cosmetics Collagen cream. It does not have a sunscreen, but it makes up for it with more hydrating and antioxidant actives, present in a higher concentration.
Dry skin will look intensely hydrated, and skin with wrinkles will see a decrease in the depth of lines.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.