A multifunctional serum rich in peptides and antioxidants that aims to reduce the visible signs of aging: help improve skin tone, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and protect against future damage.
Its silky, liquid texture allows concentrated ingredients to easily absorb below the skin’s surface, without leaving a greasy feeling.
We are going to analyze the INCI of this serum as well, although if you want to discover which are the best anti-aging options, I invite you to read this Analysis of the Best Facial and Anti-Aging Serums for Men on the market.
Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Caprylic / Capric Glyceride.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate : Little information is available on sodium polystyrene sulfonate, although it is seen in a wide variety of cosmetics, in part due to its multiple properties as a synthetic polymer based on polystyrene, a commercially manufactured form of petroleum. It is used as a film former, emulsion stabilizer, surfactant, and viscosity-increasing agent, and it also has microbicidal properties when applied topically. As a film former, it can help mask wrinkles when included in formulas. It is a low-risk ingredient with no negative side effects, although there are gaps in the data.
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sorghum Bicolor Stalk Juice : The juice from the stalks of sorghum, used in cosmetics to tighten the skin. Creates an elastic film, providing an immediate and elastic micro-lifting effect. It is used together with Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate and Glycerin to form Dynalift, a compound that forms a layer that spreads over the surface of the skin to provide an immediate and long-lasting tightening effect.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polysorbate 20 : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Retinyl Palmitate : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate : Analyzed in Mënaji’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ormenis Multicaulis Oil : Moroccan Chamomile Oil , which has a wide variety of benefits for the skin, as it is rich in sesquiterpenes and azulenes. This variety of chamomile is a powerful anti-inflammatory for the skin. Sunburns, irritations, skin allergies, wounds, cuts, scratches, and all kinds of skin imbalances can be treated with this unique oil. It has also shown powerful antiparasitic and antiseptic properties. It contains significant levels of azulene compounds, which gives it a strong anti-inflammatory action.
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil : Tested in Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye as Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract.
- Zea Mays (Corn) Oil : Analyzed in Mercadona’s 960 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ascorbyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil : Flax seed oil that functions primarily as a surfactant and skin conditioning agent. It contains a large amount of omega-3 fatty acids which is very good for skin with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, etc. It also has soothing properties that help sunburned skin or other skin conditions. Besides all these qualities, it also has anti-inflammatory components.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Taurine : Analyzed in Filorga’s Ultralifting Lift Designer serum .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water : Analyzed in the eye contour of Nezeni Cosmetics as Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Extract.
- Teprenone: Teprenone, also known as geranylgeranylacetone (or its trade name Renovage), is what is known as a heat shock protein inducer. When cells in the body are under stress, particular proteins are released to help protect these cells. In the body, teprenone stimulates the creation of these proteins, thus giving cells resistance and protection against inflammation, free radicals, and other DNA damage. The theory is that, due to its protective effect on DNA, it helps protect the skin from damage and therefore delays or repairs aging. New studies have shown that teprenone targets the signs of aging by increasing hydration levels, replenishing cells. Teprenone is known to combat dehydration, redness, poor skin texture,
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Potassium Sorbate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract : Analyzed in Apivita’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eyes eye contour .
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil : Extracted from the fresh fruit of the coconut palm, coconut oil is high in protective antioxidants that help fight damage caused by free radicals, fatty acids, and vitamins. This miraculous oil adapts to all skin types and is light, non-greasy and quickly absorbed, providing deep hydration and conditioning the skin, scalp and hair. Research shows that it can improve skin elasticity by helping to prevent premature aging and the formation of wrinkles.
- Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract : Extract of the flower of the Japanese honeysuckle, with properties similar to the ingredient Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract, discussed above.
- Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eyes eye contour .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s wrinkle cream as Alcohol Denat.
- Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract : Analyzed in Lancaster Youth Renewal 365 Skin Repair Serum .
Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum analysis summary
The INCI reveals that the brand takes consumer concerns seriously, formulating a product with a large number of anti-aging active ingredients, such as peptides, antioxidants and vitamins.
These assets are not focused on the top positions, but are spread throughout the list, down to the last place. So really in higher concentration would be the lubricants, emollients, moisturizers, solvents and a film former that visually masks wrinkles, achieving an immediate tightening effect.
I am concerned that the preservative Phenoxyethanol is so high on the list as it is a potential toxicant. You also have to be careful with Retinyl Palmitate, which although it is a good anti-wrinkle ingredient, it degrades forming free radicals in the presence of UVA and UVB radiation.
And alcohol is not to my liking either, although it is the second to last on the list.
As active I would highlight the peptides that have an effect similar to botox, although it is true that it could have used others, such as Argireline, since its studies and tests are more objective and proven.
A facial serum with this peptide is the Nezeni Cosmetics option, which achieves a greater effect by placing it at the top of the list. But it is not the only asset you have.
If you want to know all the compounds in this product, I invite you to read its detailed analysis in the article on the Best Facial and Anti-Aging Serums for Men . So you will understand why it is my favorite.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.