This lightweight moisturizer claims to fight aging thanks to squalane, vitamin C and vitamin E.
But since I never stay on brand slogans, I am going to analyze the ingredient list to see if they are trying to fool us or not.
If you don’t want to be fooled, after reading this article I recommend that you read this Review of the Best Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Aging Creams for Men . Especially the part after the analysis of the creams, where I explain how to read an INCI.
So let’s go with the analysis of this Kiehl’s cream.
Kiehl’s Fuel Transformer Age Correcting Moisture-Gel Facial Analysis
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Dicaprylyl Carbonate : A skin conditioner and emollient that acts by providing a protective film and improving the skin’s lipid layer. It is classified as a “dry emollient” due to its ability to hydrate the skin, making it feel soft and smooth without leaving a greasy residue. Also, it emulsifies easily and has long-term stability.
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream . On this occasion the brand mentions that it is extracted from the olive.
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sorbitol : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela contour .
- Prunus Armaniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2 : Spherical polymer particles that can absorb a large amount of water, causing the water to thicken and gel. Forms gels with a light texture, low elastic limit and high shape retention capacity. Gels formed with Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2 have a high viscosity at pH 7-9; the viscosity drops sharply when applied to the skin (around pH 5.5), resulting in a great feeling of freshness and lightness on the skin.
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Silica : Analyzed in L’Oreal’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Behenyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift 5 cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hydroxyethyl Urea : A synthetic ingredient that serves to hydrate the skin and help maintain a normal balance of moisture in the upper layers of the skin.
- Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide : Tested on Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Glyceryl Stearate Citrate : Glyceryl diesters act as lubricants on the surface of the skin, giving the skin a smooth, smooth appearance.
- Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide Peg-15 Disulfate : multifunctional oil-in-water emulsifier for cosmetics.
- Mica : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate : Little information is available regarding this ingredient. Although the Cosmetics Database labels this ingredient as an antioxidant, it has been found to serve as a preservative that creates a reaction of other ingredients and stabilizes formulas.
- Biosaccharide Gum-1 : Tested on Decleor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Contour .
- Adenosine : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Algae / Algae Extract : Analyzed in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Contour .
- Manganese Gluconate : A salt of manganese and gluconic acid. Although manganese gluconate might have an effect on the body as a nutritional supplement, there is no published and reviewed evidence that it works for anything when applied to the skin, other than the potential antioxidant benefits.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Ci 42090 / Blue 1 : Analyzed on the Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
- Ci 14700 / Red 4 : Analyzed on the Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
Summary Facial Analysis Fuel Transformer Age Correcting Moisture-Gel from Kiehl’s
The amount of alcohol it contains is bad news for all skin types, especially sensitive skin, which is going to notice the irritation the most.
The amount of silicones at the top of the list is also unattractive, and the same is true for a couple more ingredients that are potentially toxic and irritating.
If not for the above, the cream would have been a good moisturizer whose silky texture leaves the skin very soft.
Unfortunately, its anti-aging active ingredients are very low, only Squalene and apricot kernel oil are worth it, the others are too low to produce an effect.
Even vitamin C, which the brand boasts, is in the second to last place, a shame.
Do you need a more powerful anti-wrinkle cream? The one from the Nezeni Cosmetics brand is the one I am using at the moment, and it has a large proportion of various anti-aging active ingredients.
Because since you have to apply a cream, at least it has good ingredients and works.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.