I bring you the analysis of the Midnight Recovery Eye night contour from Kiehl’s, a recognized brand in skin care that has very good opinions.
Do you want to try this contour? After analyzing all its ingredients, I will tell you if it is worth it or not.
And then, I invite you to learn more about the contours by reading the article Best Eye Contours , especially the part after the analysis of the creams.
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Contour Analysis
- Helianthus Annuus Seed / Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil : Emollient, non-fragrant oil extracted from the seeds of an evergreen shrub. Jojoba oil has been shown to enhance the restorative properties of the skin thanks to its fatty acids. Its texture is similar to the oil (sebum) that human skin produces, all the more reason why it is an excellent ingredient for dry skin, and potentially problematic for those with oily, acne-prone skin.
- Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil : Emollient vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of apricots, and similar to other non-fragrant vegetable oils in terms of its emollient, skin softening and antioxidant benefit. Its rich content of vitamins A, B and E is used to nourish and protect the skin.
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique for Men wrinkle cream .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cetearyl Alcohol : It is a non-irritating, fatty alcohol that acts as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener and transport agent for other ingredients contained in the cosmetic solution. It prevents the oil and water parts of an emulsion from separating, and gives the products a good dispersibility. It is well known for effectively conditioning and smoothing skin and hair.
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria men’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Stearyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cetearyl Glucoside : Tested in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm Gel contour .
- Oenothera Biennis Oil / Evening Primrose Oil : Non-fragrant vegetable oil whose fatty acids can have significant emollient and soothing benefits for the skin. It can also help other ingredients to be more easily absorbed into the skin.
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics cream .
- Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Chlorphenesin : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Ruscus Aculeatus Extract / Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract : This active plant ingredient is extracted from the root of the butcher’s broom. Its most outstanding feature is its inhibitory effect on inflammation. In addition, it has astringent and strengthening properties. It also gives the skin a pleasant and fresh feeling.
- Aloe Barbadensis / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder : Analyzed in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil: A volatile oil obtained from the lavender plant. It is primarily a fragrance ingredient, although it also has antibacterial, healing properties, and protects the skin from free radicals. But it can produce allergenicity. Over a period of months or years, the components of lavender oil (linalol and linalyl acetate) can oxidize to hydroperoxides. These “oxidation products” are slightly more allergenic to the skin than the parent compounds (which are virtually allergy free). However, oxidation is a very slow process (it does not occur in a few minutes while you apply the product), and to avoid this oxidation, it is recommended that there is an antioxidant in the formulation. In short, the dermal benefits of lavender oil outweigh the risks considerably.
- Adenosine : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil / Rosemary Leaf Oil : Oil from rosemary leaves. It has antibacterial properties, making it ideal for use on wounds and burns, or on problem skin affected by dermatitis, acne, eczema, or psoriasis. The oil helps stimulate cell renewal, promoting healing, while adding moisture to the skin and improving circulation.
- Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil : Geranium flower oil, used in cosmetics as a fragrance ingredient. This ingredient is also known to create a balance between oily and dry skin by balancing sebum production; This balance helps increase and improve the elasticity of the skin. It also stimulates the lymphatic system, releasing excess water retained in the tissue. This can not only prevent cellulite, but it can also alleviate swelling. It can soothe irritated skin, clear acne, and heal bruises, burns, cuts, and eczema, due to its astringent, antiseptic, tonic, antibiotic, and anti-infective properties. It is considered a safe and natural ingredient, non-toxic, non-irritating and generally non-sensitizing.
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Lavandula Hybrida Oil : Lavandin oil, used in cosmetics as a fragrance ingredient, although it shares many of the properties of lavender, such as its calming, relaxing, repairing and antiseptic effects.
- Geraniol : Tested in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm concealer .
- Linalool : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Cucumis Sativus Extract / Cucumber Fruit Extract : Tested in Clinique for Men anti-wrinkle cream.
- Curcuma Longa Extract / Turmeric Root Extract : A yellowish polyphenol that is extracted from the Turmeric Longa plant . Also known as turmeric or curcumin extract. In cosmetics it is used mainly as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, fragrance and coloring. It also helps prevent and treat psoriasis, acne, wounds, burns, eczema, sun damage, and premature aging. Turmeric topical application effectively reduces inflammation and works as an antimicrobial.
- Sclareolide : An ingredient derived from the fermentation of clear sage and used as a fragrance component in cosmetics.
- Rosa SPP / Rose Flower Oil : Oil from the flower of different varieties of roses. In addition to being a fragrance, it is used as an antimicrobial. Another reason to use it is its amazing ability to increase skin permeability, which helps the skin absorb all the ingredients and nutrients.
- Jasminum Officinale Extract / Jasmine Extract : Extract from the flowers and leaves of jasmine. In addition to aroma, this extract is a great antioxidant that can help protect against sun damage and the environment, as well as reduce the appearance of age spots. Helps treat dry skin and provides natural hydration that does not clog pores. It is not irritating or sensitizing, ideal for dry, oily or sensitive skin, as it helps balance all skin types without irritating them.
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Analysis Summary
As you have seen, the formula mainly uses a large proportion of botanical ingredients to counteract the effects of aging around the eyes; although some are too low on the list.
Its abundant active principles, such as squalene, shea butter or butcher’s broom extract, are responsible for nourishing and protecting the skin from sun damage and water loss (something that causes wrinkles and fine lines); as well as reducing puffiness and the appearance of dark circles.
However, I do not like two preservatives (Phenoxyethanol and Chlorphenesin) that can be toxic and cause irritation; and certain alcohols located in the upper part.
It is always good to find a formula that has no parabens, no mineral oils and no chemical perfumes. and that it is also not tested on animals.
If you want a contour in the same price range, with a good amount of active ingredients, and that can also be used in the morning, the best option is the Nezeni Cosmetics brand. In the article on the Best Eye Contours I explain why I am using it at the moment.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.