The night repair serum that Kiehl’s presents to us has the function of visibly regenerating the appearance of the skin.
The serum follows the line of the eye contour of the same range, using mainly botanical ingredients as active ingredients.
We are going to analyze it and at the end I will tell you what I think (always according to its ingredients), and I will give you an alternative.
For after this, I recommend you read this Analysis of the Best Facial and Anti-Aging Serums , so you can see what we are applying to the face.
Kiehl’s Serum Midnight Recovery Concentrate Analysis
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Caprylic / Capric Glycerides.
- Dicaprylyl Carbonate : Tested in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Squalane : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Rosa Canina Fruit Oil : Vegetable oil from wild rose, non-fragrant emollient that has antioxidant properties and is a rich source of fatty acids beneficial to the skin. Protects the skin and increases cell renewal because it contains vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin D and B-carotene, a form of vitamin A, and antioxidants that help fight free radicals. It also contains vitamin F, also known as an essential fatty acid (EFA), and when absorbed through the skin, these fatty acids are converted into prostaglandins (PGE), which are involved in the regeneration of cell membranes and tissues. It is this regeneration that provides anti-aging benefits. It is particularly rich in vitamin C, which makes it one of the richest plant sources for the skin.
- Oenothera Biennis Oil / Evening Primrose Oil : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Coriandrum Sativum Oil / Coriander Seed Oil : Oil produced from the seeds of the coriander plant, packed with antioxidants that destroy free radicals, minerals that do not damage the complexion, vitamin C that stimulates the skin and antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal properties , anti-inflammatory and detoxifying.
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil / Rosemary Leaf Oil : Tested in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men wrinkle cream .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Lavandula Hybrida Oil : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Cucumis Sativus Extract / Cucumber Fruit Extract : Tested in Clinique For Men anti-wrinkle cream .
- Curcuma Longa Extract / Turmeric Root Extract : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Limonene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Citral : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Sclareolide : Tested on Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Rosa Spp / Rose Flower Oil : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Jasminum Officinale Extract / Jasmine Extract : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye contour .
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men anti-wrinkle cream .
Kiehl’s Serum Midnight Recovery Concentrate Analysis Summary
As expected, the formula is full of essential oils from different botanical ingredients, which act as antioxidants, antibacterials, anti-inflammatory and soothing, so it works for all skin types.
Squalene, a good anti-aging ingredient, is also in a high proportion; and it is a formula free of parabens, silicones, PEGs, irritating and toxic ingredients, which is appreciated.
To put a catch, for my taste it has many fragrance ingredients, and some of them are sensitizing in some cases.
This is a very interesting serum, although it is only advisable to use it at night.
Another great option for the morning is the Nezeni Cosmetics serum, with not so many botanical ingredients, but with very good active ingredients as well.
I tell you why I like it and its complete analysis in the article that I recommend above, with the Analysis of the Best Facial and Anti-Aging Serums .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.