UV damage is one of the main causes of wrinkles, so finding an anti-aging day cream with SPF, such as La Prairie Anti-Aging Day Cream, which contains SPF 30, is critical.
This barrier cream offers superior protection against inflammation and environmental stress, while stimulating cell renewal, increasing collagen production, and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
Powerful, broad spectrum SPF 30 protects against UV damage, while the brand’s exclusive Cellular Complex helps stimulate the skin’s natural repair process by stimulating cell renewal, hydration and energization with nutrients that they stimulate the synthesis of collagen.
This superb day cream contains resveratrol , a long-lasting antioxidant that provides cellular protection against free radicals while offering anti-inflammatory and skin lightening properties.
It is not formulated with retinol, so it is safe to use throughout the day or night.
And if you are looking for the perfect cosmetic to take care of your mature skin, do not miss this article with the Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams for Women of 40 years .
La Prairie Anti-Aging Day Cream SPF 30 Review
- Avobenzone 3.0% : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Octinoxate 7.5% : Analyzed in Mercadona’s 9.60 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Octisalate 5.0% : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Octocrylene 2.5% : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate : Analyzed in NeoStrata’s Bionic anti-wrinkle cream .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye area .
- Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate : Analyzed in the Nutreplus Triple Action eye contour .
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Steareth-21 : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive eye contour .
- Behenyl Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Glycoproteins : Tested in La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream .
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Equisetum Arvense Extract : Tested in TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum as Wildcrafted Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail).
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3 : Analyzed in Sesderma’s Reti Age eye contour .
- Salicornia Herbacea Extract : Analyzed in La Mer Revitalizing Hydrating Serum .
- Sodium PCA : Tested in the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 eye contour .
- Triacetin : Triacetin is a natural oil found in cod liver oil, butter, and other fats. It is the triester of glycerol and acetic acid. Helps cleanse the skin or prevent odor by destroying or inhibiting the growth of microorganisms. It is also a commonly used plasticizer and carrier of flavors and fragrances.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Resveratrol : Tested in Strivectin StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment Cream .
- Lactobacillus Ferment : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye contour .
- Acetyl Decapeptide-3 : A peptide called Rejuline. Reduces and prevents lines and wrinkles by actively generating new skin cells,
participates in normal skin growth, wound healing and repair, and
strengthens skin elasticity by inducing collagen and elastin synthesis.
- Trehalose : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye contour .
- Urea : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Larix Sibirica Wood Extract : Also known as Sibwhite – BCE5001, it is a green-yellow liquid extract in a glycerin medium from the wood of “Larix Sibirica”. This product has been shown to have great antioxidant capacity. It is capable of inducing heat shock proteins to protect cells from stress, increases the production of collagen fibrils that are being restored, and contributes to the stability of the fibrillar form of collagen.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-8 : A peptide made from the combination of the fatty acid palmitic acid with the tripeptide-8. Together with the ingredients Butylene Glycol and Dextran (present in this formula) they form the compound Neutrazen, a lipopeptide derived from a neuromediator that prevents and reverses the signs of neurogenic inflammation, calms and soothes irritated skin, and helps to maintain and restore a threshold of normal skin sensitivity.
- Carnosine : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Age Fitness Advanced Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Potato Starch Modified : This ingredient is extracted from the potato and acts as a mild thickener and emulsifier. This emulsifier adds natural texture to products. Its emollient properties add extra hydration and rapid absorption to the skin.
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Myrothamnus Flabellifolia Leaf Extract : Extract from the leaves of the Myrothamnus Flabellifolia plant, also known as the Resurrection plant, its dead leaves will revive when exposed to the slightest humidity from the air or rain. This plant undergoes a rapid transformation after rains, rapidly changing to a metabolically active state. This powerful adaptive moisturizer is harnessed to help hydrate and strengthen the skin barrier for a smoother, healthier appearance. The extract is rich in esters of quinic acid, which makes it a powerful antioxidant and an effective fighter against dryness throughout the day.
- Kefiran : Kefiran is a disaccharide consisting of Glucose and Galactose, used as a conditioning and moisturizing agent.
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Chlorella Vulgaris Extract : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Silica : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Panthenol : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Polyquaternium-51 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil : Tested in Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye .
- PEG-100 Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydrogenated Lecithin : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Allantoin : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride : It is a water dispersible quaternary ammonium salt found in shampoos and conditioners and is often used as an active ingredient in antistatic products as well as conditioning treatments.
- C13-14 Isoparaffin : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Dextran : Analyzed in Clarins Multi-Intensive eye contour .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Caprylic / Capric Glycerides.
- Polysorbate 80 : Tested in the Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye eye contour .
- Sodium Oleate : Analyzed in Skeen + cream as Oleic Acid.
- Laureth-7 : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (brewer’s yeast) extract is a skin conditioning agent used in cosmetics and beauty products for its ability to act on oxidative stress and improve skin conditions, according to a study published in Food and Chemical Toxicology in 2008. The study compared the results of transepidermal water loss, skin moisture, skin microrelief and protection from free radicals after applying formulas containing vitamins A, C and E esters, only Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, or a combination of the vitamins and the extract (and all three against a control group). The results were compared after 3 hours, 15 days and 30 days. Although all the formulas increased the moisture of the skin of the patients, Only the formulas containing only the Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract or the combination of the vitamins and the extract produced a micro-relief of the skin, whereas the vitamins alone did not. A derivative of Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract can also help increase microcirculation and reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Cetyl Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Dimethicone.
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Polyquaternium-67 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Polyquaternium-51.
- Steareth-2 : Tested on Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Polyacrylamide : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Synthetic Wax : Tested in SkinCeuticals AGE Interrupter Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Alcohol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Alcohol Denat.
- Fragrance (Parfum) .
- Linalool : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hexyl Cinnamal : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Hydroxycitronellal : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Aquapower cream .
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Geraniol : Analyzed in Decleor’s Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Benzyl Benzoate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract : Tested in Mama Mio’s The Tummy Rub Butter anti- stretch mark cream .
- Eugenol : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Benzyl Salicylate : Analyzed in Collistar’s Hyaluronic Acid Aquagel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sorbic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Sodium Dehydroacetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Chlorphenesin : Tested in L’Oréal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Benzoic Acid : Analyzed in Mercadona’s Sisbela eye contour .
- Yellow 5 (CI 19140) : Tested on Clinique For Men eye contour .
- Red 4 (CI 14700) : Tested in L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 SPF 20 Day Care .
La Prairie Anti-Aging Day Cream SPF 30 Review Summary
La Prairie Day Cream is ideal for dehydrated skin, as it is a very moisturizing cream. This is due to the moisturizing ingredients that it has in high concentrations, such as glycerin, emollients and humectants, sunflower oil or silicone, which provide large amounts of moisture to the skin.
This, and its thick and rich texture, makes the product much more suitable for dry skin and colder seasons.
In high proportion there are also sunscreens, which offer UVA / UVB sun protection and an SPF of 30 that helps protect against wrinkles and sun spots.
Any protection aid is welcome, although if you are going to use it as the only method of protection for the skin, it must be spread correctly throughout the area.
Anti-aging actives are a little further down the list, starting with ginseng extract , which increases collagen synthesis and helps even out tone.
It is followed by hyaluronic acid , and a peptide that increases the firmness and elasticity of the skin. Salicornia extract increases natural moisture pathways called aquaporins.
And the antioxidants start with vitamin E, larch extract and resveratrol, the longevity antioxidant, which protects against free radicals . They help stimulate collagen production while protecting the skin against collagen and protein damage.
They also help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and significantly increase hydration using smart moisturizing materials.
They are not the only antioxidants in the formula, which bind to other peptides present to offer protection against oxidative damage, while promoting collagen synthesis.
But these are all the advantages of the cream, since it has many other disadvantages. One of them, its price. Its price tag means that we apply the cream sparingly so that it lasts as long as possible.
But in order to benefit from sun protection, moderation is precisely what we have to avoid. Applying a good amount of cream is essential to obtain the amount of sun protection that La Prairie claims, which makes it difficult to recommend even though its list of assets includes avobenzone.
This can be fixed by applying an additional sun protection cream over this cream. But the product has more difficult errors to correct, such as the inclusion of alcohol, perfume, fragrances, parabens and other irritating preservatives, or colorants.
These are ingredients that shouldn’t be present in a high-end cosmetic like La Prairie.
And while beneficial active ingredients dominate the formula, unfortunately most antioxidants will remain stable during use thanks to the jar packaging, making this product even more a waste of money, compared to countless other daytime moisturizers. with sunscreen.
In addition, being a day cream, it is not suitable for the night, and will have to be supplemented with other additional cosmetics.
Its texture is quite creamy and pleasant on the skin, so those with dry skin will appreciate it.
In short: it protects well against the sun’s rays, it has a great antioxidant benefit, but it is not recommended due to the amount of potentially irritating harmful ingredients it includes. Its price also makes it prohibitive for many budgets.
With a good amount of antioxidants and peptides, Nezeni Cosmetics Antiage cream is an option to value as an alternative to La Prairie.
Avoid irritants, especially parabens and preservatives in general, its packaging is much more successful to preserve and maintain the assets in their optimal functioning, and its price is much more affordable.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.