One of the best creams for oily or acne skin is this treatment that corrects severe blemishes (redness and texture of the skin) and marks, while moisturizing and mattifying.
Active ingredients include Procerad, a proprietary anti-marking ceramide that helps prevent blemishes from leaving red and brown marks; Niacinamide, a pain reliever; Pyroctone Olamine, which helps reduce bacteria, LHA and Salicylic Acid, an exfoliator and antimicrobial, and Linoleic Acid.
The asset count at a glance is good, but I’m going to analyze your INCI to find out what proportion each of them is in.
You have more analysis of facial creams in this Article with the Best Face Creams , in which I tell you all the secrets behind this cosmetic.
Analysis Anti-blemish treatment and Effaclar DUO + brands from La Roche-Posay
- Aqua / Water : It uses the active Aqua Posae Filiformis that, according to the brand, helps to rebalance the skin microbiome to prevent the reappearance of blemishes.
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Isocetyl Stearate : Isocetyl stearate is the ester of isocetyl alcohol and stearic acid (found in animal and vegetable fats) and acts primarily as a lubricant on the surface of the skin. Dries to form a thin layer, giving skin a smooth, smooth appearance. It can also be used to dissolve other substances, usually liquids. It has the unique property of low viscosity and oily nature, which results in a non-greasy film when applied to the skin or lips. Isocetyl stearate has low toxicity and is essentially non-irritating, although it has caused allergic reactions in concentrations higher than those found in cosmetics. It is not sensitizing and it is not phototoxic.
- Niacinamide : Tested in the Olay Eyes Ultimate eye contour .
- Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate : There is very little information available regarding isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate. It is used as an emollient, binder and skin conditioning agent in beauty products.
- Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer : Tested in Lancôme Men’s Age Fight wrinkle cream .
- Potassium Cetyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the eye contour LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes .
- Zinc Pca: It is a synergistic association of two great compounds: Zinc and PCA. The zinc part helps to normalize sebum production and limit the proliferation of acne-causing bacteria. PCA is the carboxylic acid in pyrrolidone and is a key molecule in the skin that helps with hydration and energy processes. Not only does it hydrate the skin, but it also helps increase the effectiveness and bioavailability of zinc. An in vivo test (performed on real people) by the manufacturer shows that Zinc PCA reduces sebum production statistically significantly after 28 days of application (1% was used in the test), and in vitro measurements (carried out in the laboratory) show that Zinc PCA has a strong antimicrobial activity against P. acnes (between 0.1 and 0,
If that weren’t enough, there is also a research article from 2011 that says that based on in vitro findings, Zinc PCA could be a promising anti-aging active that aids in the production of type I collagen.
- Glyceryl Stearate Se : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Isohexadecane : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Myristyl Myristate : Tested on Shiseido Men’s Total Revitalizer Eye .
- 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol : Analyzed in LiftActiv anti-wrinkle cream from Vichy Homme .
- Nylon-12 : Tested in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Poloxamer 338 : Analyzed in the eye contour LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes .
- Linoleic Acid : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Age Eye Cream .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Capryloyl Salicylic Acid : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Force Supreme anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Polysorbate 80 : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Acrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream .
- Salicylic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Piroctone Olamine : It is an active anti-dandruff ingredient, soothes inflamed scalp and reduces flaking. It has a specific action against Pityrosporum Ovale, the agent responsible for the production of dandruff. The anti-dandruff product containing pyroctone olamine destroys the fungal infection responsible for dandruff and acts against the formation of new dandruff, keeps the scalp clean, free of itching and prevents the formation of new dandruff. It also has special functions, such as the preservation of thickening and the elimination of unpleasant body odors.
- Perfume / Fragrance .
Analysis summary Anti-blemish treatment and brands Effaclar DUO + from La Roche-Posay
It is a treatment that is quite good. As we saw at the beginning, it has a few active principles that fulfill the mission of the cream, reduce stains, absorb excess oil, limit the production of bacteria and sebum, exfoliate and minimize inflammation and shine.
They are in different concentrations, as a soothing agent must be in a high proportion, while an exfoliant has to be in a low concentration.
I only have to put two drawbacks, the silicone that appears in the third position, an ingredient that masks and that can clog pores; and an irritating ingredient. If it weren’t for these two points, it would be a very good cream for oily and acne-prone skin.
A note, if you use this cream, do not forget to apply sunscreen before going out, as some ingredients increase sensitivity to the sun.
And for oily skin that wants more hydration, and more protection against aging, I recommend Nezeni Cosmetics Aloe Vera cream. It is for all skin types, also combination and oily, since it is not comedogenic.
It is a cream with a good texture, which does not add any fat. But if it deeply hydrates the skin.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.