It is a light moisturizer for sensitive skin between normal and combination, since for drier skin they have another, richer Hydreane cream, so it cannot be more adapted to each skin type.
They do not tell us much about its ingredients, simply that it does not have parabens, and that La Roche-Posay thermal spring water is combined with hydrolipids, which apparently have the function of transporting the water to the cells. From this it follows that the thermal water will reach the deepest part of the skin, where it could not reach before.
The results they have achieved are a lower sensitivity, and an improvement in the signs of sensitivity. They don’t really say anything about increased hydration.
It is best to go to the INCI directly to find out, but first I recommend that you read this article with the Best Moisturizing Creams on the market, where you will find all the information you need to correctly choose a moisturizer.
La Roche Posay Hydreane Light Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive Skin Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cyclohexasiloxane : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Myristyl Myristate : Tested on Shiseido Men’s Total Revitalizer Eye .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate : Its trade name is Lipidure, and it is a polymer with a structure similar to the polar group of phospholipids in the cell membrane. According to the company, this ingredient can hydrate the skin, softening rough skin. Also, it can protect hair cuticles from damage. It has a higher water retention capacity even after rinsing.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Capryloyl Glycine : Tested in Lancôme Men’s Age Fight wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Acrylates Copolymer : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Potassium Cetyl Phosphate : Analyzed in the eye contour LIFTACTIV Vichy Eyes .
- Glyceryl Stearate Se : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Parfum / Fragrance .
Summary analysis of La Roche Posay Hydreane Light Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive Skin
It has few ingredients, something that is fine to enhance the hydrating actives, but in this case among the first 6 ingredients there is only one emollient and moisturizing ingredient.
The silicone is in a large proportion, which will make the skin soft, like the lubricant, but they are not really hydrating ingredients, what is more, they can choke the skin, leaving it even drier. So be very careful with silicones in moisturizers.
To be a formula designed for sensitive skin, it has several potentially irritating ingredients, and perfume, which should not come into contact with sensitive skin.
In total, I’ve only counted a couple of moisturizing agents, plus a conditioner that also has the ability to protect the skin’s surface from water loss. I have not seen any soothing or anti-irritant ingredients.
Nezeni Cosmetics Collagen cream is a nourishing cream that hydrates much more than this other, thanks mainly to its star moisturizing ingredient, Hydrolyzed Collagen.
It is respectful with the most sensitive skins, since it is hypoallergenic, and does not include any irritating ingredient in its composition. It has perfume, but its composition is specified in the description.
If you want to see the complete analysis of this cream, click on the link that I left above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.