A unique multi-action foaming cleanser that cleanses, exfoliates and conditions skin for a brighter, healthier appearance.
Leaves skin clean, fresh and conditioned. The foam texture dissolves excess oil and unclogs pores. Exfoliating pearls remove dead cells and impurities from the skin, helping to smooth dry and uneven skin. Leaves complexion clear and radiant after each use.
The vitamin-enriched formula nourishes and conditions the skin, preparing it for a perfect shave.
Revealing a healthy complexion, this cleanser works with normal and dry skin to nourish and hydrate damaged areas and restore the glow of youth.
We are going to check what ingredients it uses to achieve these results, analyzing the INCI. And if you are interested in more cleanser reviews, you have the best in this article with the Best Facial Cleansers for Men on the market.
Lab Series Multi-Action Face Wash Analysis
- Myristic Acid : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Silica : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oréal Men Expert .
- Behenic Acid : A fatty acid that is derived from the oil extracts of plants, and acts as a conditioning agent that works to smooth the hair follicle. It also functions as a thickening agent and surfactant, and is often used as an opacifier in clear liquid solutions.
- Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate : Tested in Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Water Cleanser .
- Palmitic Acid : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Potassium Hydroxide : Analyzed in the Decléor Harmonie Calm eye contour .
- Lauric Acid : Analyzed in Vichy Pureté Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel .
- Stearic Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Acetyl Glucosamine : Tested in Clinique For Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Galactoarabinan : Analyzed in Oskia’s Eye Wonder eye contour .
- Panthenol : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Pantethine : Same as Panthenol ingredient, discussed above.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil : Analyzed in NewPeptin’s Wrinkle Repair anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil : Tested in NewPeptin’s Wrinkle Repair wrinkle cream for men .
- Hydroxyethylcellulose : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Hexylene Glycol : Tested in Clinique For Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Menthol : Analyzed in Cien Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Peg-3 Distearate : Tested in Eucerin Dermopure Oil Control Hydrating Facial Fluid .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sorbic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Dehydroacetic Acid : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Green 5 (Ci 61570) : Tested in Clinique For Men Exfoliating Toner for Oily Skin .
Lab Series Multi-Action Face Wash Review Summary
The Lab Series formula begins with a fatty acid (surfactant) that can be irritating, and relies on other fatty acids, such as palmitic acid, lauric acid, or stearic acid to remove dirt from the skin; although some of them can cause irritation.
In addition to these surfactants, it contains galactoarabinan, which is an exfoliator, and panthenol, which is a good moisturizing ingredient.
Chamomile and peppermint oil act as an antioxidant, soothing, and fat balancing, although peppermint has a sensitizing power that can be harmful to sensitive skin.
The list ends with a sensitizing fragrance, menthol; and several preservatives, one in particular that is toxic and irritating.
For my taste it has too many troublesome ingredients, various irritants and sensitizers. And even though cleansers don’t stay on my skin, they just rinse off, I don’t like that the cosmetics I use have these kinds of ingredients. So it would be an option to avoid.
The Nezeni Cosmetics micellar water formula is better composed, as the active ingredients are present at the top of the list, and then it uses mild surfactants that do not irritate or sensitize the skin.
I like that it doesn’t have any toxic or harmful ingredients, and the amount of preservatives is minimal. If you want to see the complete analysis, you have it in the link that I leave above.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.