A perfecting anti-aging fluid recommended for men between 30 – 40 years old, and all skin types than Lancôme Men (belonging to L’Oreal).
Although the brand claims that this cream opposes premature aging, and that it acts as a shield against the effects of the environment and everyday stress, it is time to analyze it and see if it is worth buying or not.
After reading this article, I recommend that you read this one with an Analysis of the Best Anti-Wrinkle and Anti-Aging Creams for Men . Especially the part after the analysis of the creams, which explains differences between the skin of men and women (which does not exist at a cosmetic level), how to read an INCI, better ingredients that a cream should have, etc.
Lancôme Men’s Age Fight Anti-age Perfecting Fluid Review
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate : Tested in Shiseido Men wrinkle cream .
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Tocopherol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Tested in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Adenosine : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl De Lancome contour .
- Triticum Vulgare Wheat Germ : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour.
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl De Lancome contour .
- Polysilicone-8 : Tested in Lancaster’s Skin Therapy Contour as Polysilicone-11.
- Polysorbate 80 : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert as Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate.
- Limonene : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Linalool : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Zinc Gluconate : Zinc Gluconate is the zinc salt of gluconic acid, an antiviral agent or cosmetic biocide, used as a treatment for acne. It is also believed to accelerate wound healing and prevent wound healing by helping the body process essential fatty acids used by the skin for healing. However, most of the studies done on the effectiveness of Zinc Gluconate are based on oral supplements, rather than topical application. Zinc Gluconate is considered to be a moderately hazardous ingredient due to concerns regarding developmental and reproductive toxicity, allergic reactions, and organ system toxicity.
- Oxothiazolidinecarboxylic acid : Said to be an important compound in the intracellular release of L-Cysteine in the body, and to be helpful in fighting intrinsic skin aging, depigmenting or whitening the skin, treating dry skin, and delaying aging process. L’Oréal is the holder of a patent (EP1337234) on the use of 2-Oxothiazolidine 4-Carboxylic Acid derivatives as agents that promote skin exfoliation, where Oxothiazolidinecarboxylic acid is shown to help break down corneodesmosomes.
- Isohexadecane : Tested in Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Capryloyl glycine : A synthetic amino acid derivative that functions as a conditioning agent or, depending on the formula, as a surfactant. Capryloyl glycine also helps protect the skin’s surface from water loss and can improve the effectiveness of cosmetic preservatives, allowing lower amounts to be used (to minimize the risk of a sensitization reaction).
- Copper gluconate : Copper in its bioavailable forms (such as copper gluconate) helps maintain and control the skin’s natural oil levels, mattifying the complexion and minimizing breakouts. In addition, copper-rich facial creams or serums also improve the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, reducing the signs of aging and scars caused by environmental stressors or acne.
- Alpha-isomethyl ionone : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Disodium EDTA : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream.
- Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer : It is a film former used in cosmetics and beauty products, as well as a viscosity increasing agent. It is a porous polymer that absorbs excess sebum or oil that causes acne. It is totally safe.
- Methylparaben : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Vitis vinifera : Tested on Clinique Smart contour .
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate : Tested in Lancaster Contour Skin Therapy .
- Acrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltalrate Copolymer : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Contour .
Lancôme Men’s Age Fight Anti-age Perfecting Fluid Review Summary
Many shadows and few lights are what we find in the Lancôme Men cream.
As soon as we start the list, we find silicones and alcohol in the top 3 positions, and it is enough to read a little more to discover a toxic ingredient.
Triethanolamine is an ingredient that is safe to use in short-term, discontinuous use products, followed by a rinse; but in products intended for prolonged contact with the skin, the concentration should not exceed 5%, and in this case it is too high on the list, so it becomes dangerous.
We continue with more silicones and some irritating products, at least surprising, since, as I mentioned before, it is a cream intended for all skin types, even sensitive ones.
And to top it off, there are parabens in the formula.
The vitamin C and E that are above the INCI are clouded by the rest of the highly recommended ingredients. So it is not a cream that I would use or recommend.
The one that I do recommend is the Nezeni Cosmetics anti-aging cream , with a much healthier formula for our skin, and our long-term health; since the cocktail effect of these harmful ingredients must be taken into account.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.