In the form of a serum and with a rounded applicator to massage the area, Lancome’s most iconic eye contour is presented.
The brand claims that it reduces the appearance of bags, crow’s feet, wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles around the eye, an ambitious proposal that has to be confirmed with the ingredients. To do this, I am going to analyze each and every one of them, to see what they reveal.
If you want to discover more about eye contours, I recommend that you take a look at the article Best eye contours , in which I do an analysis of the most popular contours.
INCI contour analysis Génifique Yeux Light Pearl by Lancôme
- Bifida Ferment Lysate : Tested in Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye (Synchronized Complex II) contour .
- Propanediol : Tested in the Advanced Night Repair Eye Contour (Synchronized Complex II) by Estee Lauder .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Alcohol Denat : Tested in Shiseido Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men wrinkle cream .
- C13-14 Isoparaffin : Analyzed in Nezeni antiage cream .
- Escin : Also called Aescin. Aescin is a saponin found in the seed of the horse chestnut, Aesculus hippocastanum. This herbal ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s wrinkle cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in Nuxellence contour from Nuxe .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Adenosine : Ingredient derived from yeast that works as a good soothing and restorative agent for the skin. Adenosine has been shown to have anti-wrinkle benefits due to its ability to energize the surface of the skin so that it appears smoother and younger. Naturally present throughout the body, it is a beneficial ingredient that all skin types can use.
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Polyacrylamide : Analyzed in the Nezeni Cosmetics Intensive Antiage eye contour .
- Chlorphenesin : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift 5 Cream .
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane : A silicone used as a film former, which creates a silky, smooth, lubricating feel and increases the ability of the skin or hair to repel water. Polymethylsilsesquioxane is a 100% safe ingredient, however, they can increase the ability of other ingredients with smaller molecules to penetrate the skin, and can make it susceptible to toxins.
- Chlorella Vulgaris Extract : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s wrinkle cream .
- Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine : The study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, suggests that Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine (SP), when applied topically to the face, reduces the depth of wrinkles and improves skin texture in photoaged skin; this is due to the known independent benefits of salicylic acid and phytosphingosine on the skin. The results showed an improvement in the smoothness of the skin and a reduction in the depth of wrinkles.
- Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer : Tested in Advanced Night Repair Eye Contour (Synchronized Complex II) by Estee Lauder .
- Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldmethyl Taurate : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift 5 cream .
- Dimethiconol : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift 5 cream .
- Pentaerythrityl Etraethylhexanoate : Tested in Shiseido Men’s wrinkle cream as Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride : Tested in ClarinsMen anti-wrinkle cream as Caprylic / capric glycerides.
- Bis-Peg / Ppg-16/16 Dimethicone : Ethylene oxide polymers used as humectants, solvents, binders, emulsion stabilizers, and viscosity increasing agents in cosmetics.
- Bht : Analyzed in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Laureth-7 : Analyzed in the Nezeni Cosmetics Intensive Antiage Eye Contour .
Lancome Génifique Yeux Light Pearl Contour Analysis Summary
If you look at the first ingredients on the list is the active ingredient Bifida Ferment Lysate, as in the Advanced Night Repair Eye contour by Estee Lauder. Unfortunately, that will be the only good ingredient that we will find until Adenosine, a soothing, restorative and energizing ingredient.
The only really worthwhile ingredients are Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, which has powerful anti-aging benefits, and Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, which also reduces wrinkles; it is a pity that they are not in higher proportions.
The rest are a compendium of preservatives, solvents, conditioners, thickeners and stabilizers that do not add anything to the skin. In addition, it includes highly recommended ingredients, such as silicones, mineral oil, alcohols, and irritating and even toxic ingredients.
We must also take into account the cumulative effect of creams on our skin, something that I talk about in the other article about the best eye contours that I told you at the beginning.
Frankly, for the price, I was expecting more quality ingredients.
If you want an eye contour with a list of ingredients that are worth it, and even more adjusted price, my current recommendation is to use the one from the brand Nezeni Cosmetics. I know it’s not as famous as Lancôme, but it’s the one I’m currently using, I’ll explain why in the Best Eye Contours article .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.