Eye contours with a roll-on or metallic ball applicator are becoming more and more popular, to apply the product cold and thus reduce bags or dark circles. L’Oreal, of course, also has his.
But more than the application, the ingredients of the formula matter. That is why we are going to analyze them one by one, and we will see if it convinces.
After this article, I recommend this other one so you can learn about the Best Eye Contours for Men , where there are many more analyzes and it is explained if there is any difference with the contours for women.
Roll-on Hydra Energetic Eyes Analysis by L’Oréal Men Expert
- Butylene Glycol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Glycerin : Tested in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Mentha Piperita Extract / Peppermint Leaf Extract : Tested in NewPeptin’s anti-wrinkle cream as Mentha Piperita Oil.
- C13-14 Isoparaffin : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics wrinkle cream .
- Caffeine : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Escin : Analyzed in the Génifique Yeux Light Pearl contour from Lancome .
- Sodium Hyaluronate : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Tested in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide : Tested in Clinique For Men wrinkle cream .
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Aluminum Hydroxide : Analyzed on the outline of Shiseido Men .
- Guanosine : Guanine, made up of guanosine, is used in many different applications because it creates a pearlescent and iridescent effect in cosmetics and other products. It also reduces the light or transparent appearance of products and can be used in makeup to hide blemishes.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Hydroxyproline : Tested in Shiseido’s Benefiance WrinkleResist24 contour .
- Caprylyl Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Laureth-7 : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Biosaccharide Gum-1 : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Panthenol : Tested in the Fiori di Cipria anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- N-Hydroxysuccinimide : Tested in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm contour .
- Polyacrylamide : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Chrysin : Analyzed in Decléor’s Harmonie Calm outline .
- Phenoxyethanol : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Mica : Analyzed in Nuxellence de Nuxe contour .
- Potassium Sorbate : Analyzed in ClarinsMen’s anti-wrinkle cream .
- Chlorhexidine Digluconate : An antimicrobial agent and topical disinfectant used to treat fungi, bacteria, and other skin infections. In cosmetics, it works mainly as a biocide, oral care agent and preservative. As a biocidal agent, it helps clean the skin and eliminates odor by destroying the growth of microorganisms. Its antibacterial properties also make it an effective preservative that protects a cosmetic formulation from contamination and deterioration. Its use is safe up to concentrations of 0.16%.
Summary and analysis Roll-on Hydra Energetic Eyes by L’Oréal Men Expert
Although it seems to be off to a good start, with emollient, anti-inflammatory and hyaluronic acid ingredients at the top of the list, just keep reading to find what we don’t want.
I have found ingredients that are sensitizing, irritating, and two toxic. It is important that we discard this outline due to the problem of the combined effect of these toxins, and the repercussion it can have on our long-term health.
I am going to break a spear in its favor mentioning that it does not have silicones, parabens, or alcohols; as well as including various peptides (great anti-aging ingredients), amino acids, and vitamin C.
This is fine, just like the roll-on applicator, but it is not enough. It does not convince me.
A much better contour is the Nezeni Cosmetics option. In fact, it is the one that I am using right now, and I never tire of recommending it for its good ingredients and its effectiveness.
In the article on the Best Eye Contours for Men I explain more about him.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.