Do you want to beautify your skin with an exfoliator? If the exfoliation is done correctly and carefully, it only brings benefits!
Why is exfoliation important?
Exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells , making it brighter, smoother and more beautiful.
It is a deep cleaning thanks to granular ingredients that wash away the cells that accumulate on the skin.
The elimination of these dead cells stimulates the natural renewal of the skin , avoiding ingrown hairs, blackheads, whiteheads and excessive oiliness.
Therefore, the exfoliated skin is clean, smooth and hydrated.
As an alternative to the scrubs available in the market, you can easily make one at home, at low cost . You can do the exfoliation once a week. These are some of the scrub recipes that you can use.
Typical ingredients in homemade scrubs
Sugar : Sugar is perhaps the most popular natural scrub. It works perfectly in exfoliation, but be careful, it is necessary to use only a small amount and go over the skin gently to avoid aggression. Try to use the finest sugar possible, if you want to check the types of sugar that exist, see our article on the subject.
Oatmeal : Oatmeal is one of the best natural exfoliants we can find. You can use it in the form of whole flakes, or opt for oatmeal or one of fine flakes. Ideally, the oatmeal should be pre-hydrated to facilitate its use. Besides having the exfoliating function, oatmeal also hydrates the skin. If you want to know more about oats here we leave you more information.
Clay : Clay has many benefits for the skin and can also be used as an exfoliator. The advantage is that the clay is soft and does not damage the skin (as can happen with sugar, for example).
Coffee : Coffee is also an excellent exfoliator for the skin. The fine powder makes it an ideal ingredient for exfoliating the face. It is also very good for our skin, making it more beautiful and shiny. For more information, click here and you will see the necessary information about the coffee .
Homemade scrub recipe with oatmeal and honey
Mix one tablespoon of oatmeal, one tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl. Moisten your face and apply the mixture. Massage in gentle, circular motions all over your face. Then rinse with cold water and pat your face dry with a soft towel.
Homemade Coffee and Vegetable Oil Scrub Recipe
How to prepare the natural coffee scrub with vegetable oil:
Mix one teaspoon of coffee and one tablespoon of the oil of your choice in a soup bowl. Moisten your face and apply the mixture. Massage in gentle, circular motions all over your face. Then rinse with cold water and pat your face dry with a soft towel.
Homemade clay scrub recipe
How to prepare the natural clay scrub:
Mix one tablespoon of clay, one tablespoon of water and 3 drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl. Moisten your face and apply the mixture. Massage in gentle, circular motions all over your face. Then rinse with cold water and pat your face dry with a soft towel.
Tip: Sensitive skin needs special care . Avoid excessive exfoliation and when you do, use very slow and gentle movements. After exfoliating, always hydrate your skin.
Homemade baking soda scrub recipe
One of the simplest natural homemade scrubs to prepare is the one made with baking soda. In addition to its obvious cleaning properties in various areas (clothing, toilets, sinks, etc.), baking soda is an excellent exfoliator that can lighten stains, including those left behind by acne.
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Cleansing cream (such as an astringent, for example)
Preparation of the natural baking soda scrub:
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with your cleansing face cream or astringent.
- If you don’t have a cleansing cream, you can make a paste with just water.
- With the mixture ready, massage the skin for about 3 minutes and leave for 10 minutes, then rinse well. Repeat this procedure 3 days for a week (alternate days).
Homemade granulated sugar scrub recipe
Although excessive sugar intake can harm the body, the granulated sugar and honey mixture is a powerful exfoliator that can be easily prepared at home to ensure nourishing results and for skin rejuvenation.
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- The fresh juice of half a lemon
Preparation of the natural granulated sugar scrub:
- The preparation is very simple: just mix all the ingredients (sugar, honey and the juice of half a lemon) in a container.
- If the mixture is too soft, you can add more granulated sugar.
- Next, apply the mixture to the area where you want to exfoliate and massage for 3 to 5 minutes. Leave on the skin for 10 minutes and then wash your face. This process can also be repeated 3 times a week (every 2 days).
Homemade oatmeal scrub recipe
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (tea) of water or olive oil
How to prepare the natural oatmeal scrub:
- Mix the oats with the salt, as this increases the exfoliating properties of the oats.
- Add the tablespoon of water or olive oil.
- Use the created composition and massage your face in a circular motion for 3 minutes, and then let it sit for about 10 minutes. Rinse.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.