This SerumGel combines AHAs and Retinol, two of the best anti-aging active ingredients, to treat the problems caused by the passage of time, the sun, or a healthy lifestyle.
In addition, it has a complete Antioxidant and Antiglycan System (composed of Carnosine, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Coffee Berry Extract), which help the above active ingredients to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes and a dull complexion.
Its continued use produces promising results, a tighter, firmer and smoother skin, without wrinkles and with the glow of youth.
It forms a protective barrier that helps delay the inevitable aging process, and also improves the texture of the skin.
If you are looking for a cream with retinol, you cannot miss this other Article with the Best Creams with Retinoic Acid on the market. With all the information you need to know everything about retinoids.
NeoStrata High Potency R SerumGel Analysis
- Glycolic Acid : Analyzed in Apot.care for Men Super Hyaluronic Serum .
- Cyclopentasiloxane : Tested in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Pentylene Glycol : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ammonium Hydroxide : A solution of ammonia in water. Also known as aqueous ammonia (aqueous ammonia). It acts as a pH adjuster. It is used in a variety of cosmetics, particularly hair products such as dyes, bleaching products, and personal care products. When used in hair dyes, it helps the color diffuse properly into the hair shaft. High levels of exposure to ammonia are toxic to humans. Even in dilute concentrations, ammonia is toxic to aquatic animals. For this reason, it has been classified as dangerous for the environment. The European Union Cosmetics Directive has determined that it is safe to use in cosmetics, but only in concentrations of 6% or less.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer : Tested in Isdinceutics AGE Reverse Cream from Isdin .
- Ppg-26-Buteth-26 : Analyzed in Skeen + Anti-Aging Correcting Concentrate .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Maltobionic Acid: Maltobionic acid is a plant-derived bionic polyhydroxy acid (PHA) that is a powerful yet gentle skincare ingredient with multiple benefits to protect skin and reverse the visible signs of aging. They chelate or trap metals that promote oxidation on the skin. Not only do they not increase sensitivity to the sun, but they also help protect lipids and cell membranes from UV damage. Additionally, they can also help preserve skin elasticity by preventing an increase in the elastase enzyme. And we are not done yet. Bionic PHAs inhibit the MMP enzymes in the skin, which are responsible for all the things we’re trying to prevent like wrinkles, sagging, and broken veins. And all this without any irritation.
- Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid : Analyzed in XENSIUM vitamin C serum .
- Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6 : Analyzed in Caudalíe’s Premier Cru Serum .
- Retinyl Palmitate : Analyzed in L’Oreal Men Expert’s Vita Lift 5 anti-wrinkle cream .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Coffea Arabica Extract : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Arginine : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Arginine HCl.
- Butylene Glycol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Dimethicone : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Propanediol : Tested in the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye contour .
- Polysilicone-11 : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Propylene Glycol : Tested in the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 eye contour .
- Polyquaternium-10 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Polyquaternium-51.
- Carnosine : Analyzed in Biotherm Homme Age Fitness Advanced wrinkle cream .
- Hydrogenated Lecithin : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Lecithin : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Disodium Edta : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Tocopherol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Decyl Glucoside : Analyzed in REN’s Bio Retinoid Anti-Aging Cream .
- Carbomer : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Sodium Hydroxide : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Carrageenan : Tested in Biotherm Homme Age Fitness Advanced Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan).
- Potassium Benzoate : The potassium salt of benzoic acid is used as a preservative. It is a low risk ingredient, however if it is found in combined formulas with any vitamin C ingredient, it can create benzene (a known carcinogen).
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Perfume .
NeoStrata High Potency R SerumGel analysis summary
The powerful concentration of glycolic acid (23%) that it incorporates is surprising, since this active ingredient is generally found in a lower proportion so as not to irritate sensitive skin.
And it is not the only AHA that includes, since they have also added citric acid (2%). This makes me think that the cream is designed for combination and oily skin, both mature with wrinkles and sagging problems, and young people with acne scars and uneven complexions.
The vitamin A derivative chosen by Neostrata is Retinyl Palmitate, which, as you will already know if you have read the article that I recommend above, is a much weaker compound than retinol. And therefore, it does not have the efficacy of pure retinol.
In the formulas it simply improves the chemical stability of retinol, and acts as an emollient and antioxidant, but it doesn’t have the anti-aging benefits of retinol, so we can’t count on it.
Along with the AHAs are hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatories, but not much else.
On the other hand, it does have several irritating ingredients, silicones, and Phenoxyethanol, a toxic and irritant preservative. And something that worries me is the ingredients Potassium Benzoate and Sodium Benzoate, which in the presence of vitamin C can produce benzene, a known carcinogen.
If what you really want is a cream with retinoic acid, I do not recommend this option.
Instead, a much better option is Vsadey, which has retinol at a higher concentration, and without the problematic ingredients that we find in this formula.
It is the option that I am using at the moment, and you can see its complete analysis in the article of Article with the Best Creams with Retinoic Acid .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.