Specifically designed for men, this facial cleanser removes excess oil and dirt from the skin’s surface to enhance your overall healthy appearance.
It is an oil-free foaming gel cleanser that forms a refreshing lather that deeply cleanses pores without drying them out, so your face always feels fresh. It has an energizing aroma, similar to that of the cologne, clean and masculine.
It is simple but effective. The clarifying formula leaves the skin clean and fresh, but does not leave you feeling naked or tight, a notable advantage for men who are not in the habit of applying moisturizer to their face.
The cooling effect is, as the name suggests, quite invigorating, making it the perfect cleanser for morning use.
Since it is not specified, we are going to check which is the ingredient that produces that energizing and refreshing effect that gives the cleanser its name, and then we will evaluate this product by its ingredients.
We have also done this with other cleansers, and you can look at the review in the Review of the Best Facial Cleansers for Men , so that you can choose the cleanser with knowledge of the cause.
Neutrogena Men’s Invigorating Face Wash Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Coconut Glucoside : Tested in A-Derma PhysAC Purifying Cleansing Gel as Coco-Glucoside.
- Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate : An antistatic and foaming agent. Many products include this ingredient for its conditioning action on hair and skin. In addition, it can also aid in viscosity control, and acts as a surfactant.
- Panthenol : Tested in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- PolyQuaternium-7 : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Polyquaternium-51.
- PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate : Used as a surfactant and emulsifier. It is considered a non-irritant, and it also has a specific property that allows it to reduce the irritation value of entire formulas. It is known to be a moderate hazard depending on use, and contamination and toxicity problems can occur. PEGs should not be used on damaged or irritated skin, as studies show kidney toxicity.
- Acrylates / Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer : It is a polymer that is generally used to enhance the performance of skin and hair care formulations. Eliminates the need for heating to build viscosity, and helps stabilize the emulsion.
- Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate : This UV light stabilizing ingredient protects colors and other light sensitive ingredients from photolytic and / or photo-oxidative degradation, thus improving the stability of formulations that are exposed to UV-A light and UV-B. There are concerns regarding irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs) and to a lesser extent organ toxicity (non-reproductive).
- Menthol : Analyzed in Cien Men Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Polysorbate-20 : Tested on Clinique Smart eye contour .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- DMDM Hydantoin : Tested in Lubriderm Men’s Cream .
- Blue 1 : Tested in Aquasource Gel De Biotherm moisturizer as Ci 42090 / Blue1.
- Ext. Violet 2 : Tested in Clinique Combination Skin Clarifying Lotion 2 .
- Fragrance .
Neutrogena Men’s Invigorating Face Wash Review Summary
Neutrogena’s cleanser problems begin with the second ingredient, which is the well-known sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), so avoided in the cosmetic world for being irritating and having unwanted side effects.
As an asset, I have only seen panthenol, which is provitamin B5, which acts as a good moisturizer, and together with polyquaternium-7, they do a good job of minimizing water loss from the skin’s surface.
But all the benefits of the cleaner end here. The ingredients that follow are little or not recommended. There are fragrances (such as menthol) that can sensitize the skin, and that is responsible for achieving that refreshing effect (such as tickling) on freshly cleansed skin.
There are also other irritating and toxic ingredients, such as sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate; or the preservative dmdm hydantoin. But above all, it has parabens, a preservative that I prefer to avoid in cosmetics (even if they are for rinsing) that I use due to its harmful effects on the skin and health.
The Nezeni Cosmetics option does not contain parabens, or any other ingredient that can cause health problems or skin problems in the short or long term; making it a preferable alternative to Neutrogena. And something to note, there are very few preservatives, so you will avoid the combined effect of their build-up.
And not only that, it also offers more active ingredients for our skin, so in addition to not damaging it, it will restore it and improve its overall appearance.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.