Nivea is a lifelong skincare brand, and maybe that’s why we trust it more. But the reputation of a brand should not be a factor that drives us to buy one product or another, so we are going to analyze what never lies, the INCI.
In this case, the company indicates that it is an anti-aging facial cream for all skin types (especially for mature skin). Hydrates and minimizes existing wrinkles, while helping prevent the appearance of new lines and wrinkles.
For this, it uses grape seed oil, vitamin E and UV sunscreen. He also mentions that the formula is paraben-free, silicone-free, and no artificial colors.
I’m going to check it, as I said, by analyzing the list of ingredients. Then I will summarize what I have made clear, and I will recommend a better cream.
And since I see that you like to take care of yourself, I invite you to read this Article with the Best Face Creams , in which I analyze the best options of the big brands.
Nivea Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Day Care Cream Review
- Glycerin : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Isopropyl Palmitate : Analyzed in Newpeptin’s Wrinkle Repair Cream .
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Ethylhexyl Salicylate : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Octisalate.
- Methylpropanediol : Analyzed in Caudalie’s Premier Crue Serum .
- Glyceryl Stearate Citrate : Analyzed in Kiehl’s Facial Fuel anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Triisostearin : A glycerin and isostearic acid triester that functions as a skin conditioning agent, viscosity-increasing agent, and emollient.
- Cetearyl Alcohol : Analyzed in the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye eye contour .
- Octocrylene : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Glyceryl Stearate : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane : Tested in Neutrogena Men’s Age Fighter Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Avobenzone.
- Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil : Analyzed in the Flow Premier Cru eye contour .
- Tocopheryl Acetate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream as Tocopherol Acetate.
- Synthetic Beeswax : Tested on the Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkleresist24 eye contour . In this case it is a synthetic wax, not beeswax.
- Sodium Carbomer : A mixture of sodium (salt) and carbomer that functions as a stabilizing and film-forming agent.
- Trisodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s wrinkle cream as Disodium EDTA.
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Analyzed in Nezeni Cosmetics anti-wrinkle cream .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Methylparaben : PARABEN.
- Citronellol : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Benzyl Alcohol : Tested in Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- BHT : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream .
- Perfume .
Summary analysis Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Day Care Cream from Nivea
The first 5 ingredients (those that are in greater proportion) are quite good, especially shea butter and sunscreen.
Then there are plenty of conditioners and emollients, which provide softness and hydration, plus sunscreens, which are good to protect our skin from damage by alone.
And in the middle of the list is grapeseed oil, which acts as an antioxidant, and is the only active that can do anything to reduce the size of wrinkles permanently. For my taste, it has a very low proportion, just like vitamin E.
The bad thing is what comes next, a few preservatives, one especially toxic, fragrances and a paraben.
You see Although the brand tells us that their formulas are paraben free, I have found one. That is why we should never trust what brands tell us.
Undoubtedly, this cream is out of my options, both because of the paraben (a very harmful ingredient), and because of lying to me. I don’t think anyone likes to be lied to.
If you are looking for a brand that does not lie to you, that its creams do not have toxic or harmful ingredients for your skin and your health, this is Nezeni Cosmetics. Its nourishing cream with Collagen not only helps reduce wrinkles, it also prevents new ones from forming, deeply hydrates and protects the skin from free radicals.
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.