I have chosen to analyze this serum because it is the most sold on Amazon, moreover, it is the option that Amazon chooses from all vitamin C serums.
It is sold as a serum with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, an option to combat the signs of aging, improving elasticity, acting as an anti-blemish, and blurring expression lines.
I want to examine your INCI to see if its fame comes from its good ingredients, or rather a good marketing campaign.
If you are looking for a good anti-aging serum with vitamin C, you cannot miss this article in which the Best Serums with Vitamin C that you can find right now are analyzed . It also includes interesting information about this vitamin so beneficial for our skin.
Nutreplus Vitamin C Serum Analysis
- Propylene Glycol : Analyzed in the eye contour Revitalift Laser X3 of L’Oreal .
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice : Analyzed in Powder Blossoms’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Ascorbyl Glucoside : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Propanediol : Same as Propylene Glycol ingredient, discussed above.
- Xanthan Gum : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
- Phenoxyethanol : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Anogeissus Leiocarpus Bark Extract : Analyzed in Acqua di Parma’s anti-wrinkle serum for men .
- Hyaluronic acid : Analyzed in the eye contour Revitalift Laser X3 of L’Oreal .
- Disodium EDTA : Tested in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Ethylhexylglycerin : Tested in Nezeni Cosmetics Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Perfume .
- Ascorbic Acid : Analyzed in the Lancaster Skin Therapy eye contour .
- Citric Acid : Analyzed in Fiori di Cipria’s anti-wrinkle cream for men .
- Sodium Sulfite : Tested in Shiseido Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men as Sodium Metabisulfite.
- Potassium sorbate : Analyzed in Clarins Men’s Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Men .
- Sodium Benzoate : Analyzed in the Nuxellence de Nuxe eye contour .
- Triethanolamine : Analyzed in the anti-wrinkle cream Vita Lift 5 from L’Oreal Men Expert .
Summary analysis of Serum Vitamin C of Nutreplus
In the formula we find two types of vitamin C: Ascorbyl Glucoside and Ascorbic Acid, the first in higher concentration than the second.
There are also other active ingredients that complement the vitamin, such as aloe vera juice, hyaluronic acid and Ellagi C (Propanediol + Anogeissus Leiocarpus Extract), which increases the firmness of the skin. However, except for aloe vera, the others are not in a great concentration.
But what I liked the least is that there is an irritant and sensitizer first, a little below another irritant, along with a toxic preservative (which can cause the closure of the central nervous system, vomiting and contact dermatitis) and, lastly, an ingredient that can produce benzene (a known carcinogen) in the presence of vitamin C.
These last two are the ones that concern me the most, and they don’t bode well for anyone who uses this serum for a long time.
It is clear that it is not a serum to recommend, and Amazon would have to monitor better the products it recommends, since it can not only affect the effectiveness of the serum, but also health.
As I would never recommend this serum, I propose a better alternative: the Nezeni Cosmetics option. It is a serum that does not irritate, does not have toxic ingredients, has a very low level of preservatives, and of course, it does not have the danger of forming a carcinogen.
It also has several beneficial assets such as hyaluronic acid and aloe vera, and you can see your full analysis article of the Best Vitamin C Serums with .
Kathie Sand always saw the world of beauty as the terrain on which to build her professional career, a goal that was clear to her when she was only 15 years old. Her great concern to expand knowledge led her to settle in Paris where she studied hand in hand with the best beauty professionals and with the most advanced techniques for skin care.